• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

There's nothing more that you can really do about it but pray for him. The best advice I can give you is to not dwell on it.

LOL if I could JUST tell my mind to shut the heck up I'd be GREAT! :emot-hug:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I think the same thing myself often too :emot-hug:

The best way for me to get my mind to shut up is to keep it really busy :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I've never been a very active person, and never wanted to be............I have family members telling me all the time, that I should do this or do that, to be healthier, and they are right, but you know what, its not gonna happens so they should just shut up, because after awhile, it only makes me want to do just the opposite. I actually started eating better and trying to exercise alittle, for myself, not for them...............and they all started, pushing more and more...............I have now gained back the 15 lbs I lost............................. :emot-hug:

I've never been a very active person, and never wanted to be............I have family members telling me all the time, that I should do this or do that, to be healthier, and they are right, but you know what, its not gonna happens so they should just shut up, because after awhile, it only makes me want to do just the opposite. I actually started eating better and trying to exercise alittle, for myself, not for them...............and they all started, pushing more and more...............I have now gained back the 15 lbs I lost............................. :emot-hug:

So I should keep my mouth shut and prayers ongoing. THAT IS SO HARD grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :emot-hug:

BUT I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. :)

I've never been a very active person, and never wanted to be............I have family members telling me all the time, that I should do this or do that, to be healthier, and they are right, but you know what, its not gonna happens so they should just shut up, because after awhile, it only makes me want to do just the opposite. I actually started eating better and trying to exercise alittle, for myself, not for them...............and they all started, pushing more and more...............I have now gained back the 15 lbs I lost............................. :)

So I should keep my mouth shut and prayers ongoing. THAT IS SO HARD grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :emot-hug:

BUT I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. :o

Well I'm not saying I would have kept going, but, we will know now will we..............since I quit. :P Whats more import, having your way..........or the Lord having his??? :emot-hug:

Whats more import, having your way..........or the Lord having his??? :emot-hug:

Ok, I hear that. BUT surely the Lord's will is for my husband to be healthy, right? I know I can NEVER presume to know the mind of God, but I have trouble with seeing things through His eyes. I am the one who has to DO everything and DEAL with all things and do do do do and keep doing. I get everything intellectually, but do I really GET IT? I don't think I do. Therefore, I struggle and can't "let go and let God." Why oh why did God make me this way (don't read me the line about the clay saying to the potter....I already know). Somebody quick. I need a lobotomy!! :emot-hug:

Whats more import, having your way..........or the Lord having his??? :emot-hug:

Ok, I hear that. BUT surely the Lord's will is for my husband to be healthy, right? I know I can NEVER presume to know the mind of God, but I have trouble with seeing things through His eyes. I am the one who has to DO everything and DEAL with all things and do do do do and keep doing. I get everything intellectually, but do I really GET IT? I don't think I do. Therefore, I struggle and can't "let go and let God." Why oh why did God make me this way (don't read me the line about the clay saying to the potter....I already know). Somebody quick. I need a lobotomy!!

I don't know what the Lord wants either, if God wanted everybody healthy would there be people born with birth defects and other problems................I don't know, all I know is, I don't know very much and need to pray more, and listen more and believe more.........hows that for a "not" sermon! :) Skip the lobotomy as you can tell from reading my post, it doesn't help! :emot-hug:

Skip the lobotomy as you can tell from reading my post, it doesn't help! :emot-hug:

:emot-hug::):P Your secret is out now!

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

If your mind is the problem then ask God to renew it. If your husbands comittment is the problem then write up a schedule. But if you are comparing him to other men or think him weak, then renew your first love with him and reflect on those first years when he was the moon and the sun in your life.

If your mind is the problem then ask God to renew it. If your husbands comittment is the problem then write up a schedule. But if you are comparing him to other men or think him weak, then renew your first love with him and reflect on those first years when he was the moon and the sun in your life.

Thank you for that. Your post hit a nerve (in a good way), so there is obviously something to what you said. :emot-hug: