• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

If your mind is the problem then ask God to renew it. If your husbands comittment is the problem then write up a schedule. But if you are comparing him to other men or think him weak, then renew your first love with him and reflect on those first years when he was the moon and the sun in your life.

Thank you for that. Your post hit a nerve (in a good way), so there is obviously something to what you said. :huh:

I truely want things to work out for you both :blink: . I'll be praying that everything will be alright.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Mathy, you said you work out everyday before school, so I'm thinking... any chance you could beat your husband in a race? :mgfrog:

Maybe this is just me being a proud teenager, but getting beaten by a girl (especially one I was dating) would sure motivate me to try harder. :noidea:

Okay, okay, all things considered that probably wouldn't work, but it's a funny thought.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Mathy, you said you work out everyday before school, so I'm thinking... any chance you could beat your husband in a race? :emot-highfive:

Maybe this is just me being a proud teenager, but getting beaten by a girl (especially one I was dating) would sure motivate me to try harder. :emot-highfive:

Okay, okay, all things considered that probably wouldn't work, but it's a funny thought.

I am NOT a track person (running on the treadmill does NOT make me a sprinter LOL), and although I am younger and more fit than my husband, there's a chance he would beat me anyway, given his previous talent in that area. :emot-highfive:

Quick background: my husband was in great shape and very healthy when we first met. After a couple of years into our marriage, he had gotten up to a very unhealthy 200 lbs (he's only 5'9''), and he has been on high blood pressure meds since he was 30. He lost about 25 lbs a few years ago and kept it off for the most part (although for his height that is still overweight), and recently has rededicated himself to working out 5-6 days a week and has lost about 7 lbs. He looks and feels fantastic. He has been through this cycle before, though, so it has been exciting to see him keep this up for the past few months. However, I just got off the phone with him, and he informed me he's not going to the gym today because he's too tired. He said he's been 3 times this week, so that's good (when a few weeks ago if he went less than 5 days he was disappointed). I didn't say anything (I try to keep from speaking anything negative in these situations), but I am SO disappointed and am thinking, "Here we go again. It lasted for a bit, and just like every other time, he can't stick with it. It'll never change, and he'll be overweight again shortly." I immediately went to the Lord in prayer and gave it over to Him. But I am so tired of this struggle. Any words of wisdom would be SO appreciated.

mathy

I don't want to get too personal here, but have you told your husband how you really feel about this? I don't mean that in a argumentive way, either.

I ask this because you are a married couple. There's two of you. Why does that matter? Jesus said:

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. " (Matt 18:19-20)

This means among other things that the two of you can agree in prayer on this issue. There is great power in that! You'll need to pray and ask the Lord to give wisdom about how and when to bring it up, and the words to use at the right time. Never underestimate the Holy Spirit's ability to change a heart! It may take time, and it won't be easy, but if we do our part, God will do what he promised -- to give us the ability to do things we CANNOT do on our own.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ***WTM***

So two things...

Whenever you have a weight problem and hit it hard (5-6 times a week) for a while and then might drop down to working out 3 times a week and might get just not feel like it ONE or TWO days thats okay.

Going to the gym 3 days a week is more then 75-80% of Americans.

Tell him you are proud of him,....and if you are that concerned for him, join him. There is nothing hotter in a marriage then two people exercising together.

Unless you are Mrs. Fitness America...then YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

So two things...

Whenever you have a weight problem and hit it hard (5-6 times a week) for a while and then might drop down to working out 3 times a week and might get just not feel like it ONE or TWO days thats okay.

Going to the gym 3 days a week is more then 75-80% of Americans.

Tell him you are proud of him,....and if you are that concerned for him, join him. There is nothing hotter in a marriage then two people exercising together.

Unless you are Mrs. Fitness America...then YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!!!

Hello there my dear... How is school going? How are the children?

Okay,Let us look at your husband as a whole person. Spiritually...emotionally, physically, mentally.

The physical first. He is overweight. He does not want to be...you do not want him to be. The extra poundage slows him down and it takes him a lot more energy to move himself around let alone exercise which does make him tire easily. He is on antihypertensive medication to keep his blood pressure down. Depending on the medication depends onthe side effects.

The medication can also make him tired and slow. Decreases labido as well which does not do wonders. so He has two things working against him here. I have found that when blood pressure is lowered to what is safe for that person it also is not high enough to keep them moving This is only one physical problem I know he has.

This will affect him both emotionally and mentally. Depression, . He wishes he was different then he is. Fear about what will happen if he puts on more weight or fear that he cannot lose. Ambivelance sets in.

Why bother getting tired and exerting himself without much improvement happening. (diabetics find out that they are one of the person types who has a very difficult time losing weight) If his libido is poor this is also a emotional mental strain on him.

He can talk to the doctor about this , have medication change or look at other options. He may not even want to depending on his mental state. Encourage him to seek out the doctor and talk to him. If he cannot...maybe another doctor.

Spirtually when one does not feel/emotionally triumphant...and already feels defeated and does not accept himself for where he is right now and who he is it is hard for that person to seek out the lord for this problem. He must come to a understanding he is Loved by Jesus no matter what. Which is hard to do when you are depressed and then he cycles again.

besides exerciszing does he have any other hobbies that will bring him Joy? not related to loosing weight?

He should be on a caloric diet and he does not have to know it. A 1800-2400 cal diet has a lot of food in it. It is the foods at the times he eats. Most people do not know that eating six small meals a day and mostly vegetables they will loose weight

One can exercise and build muscle and still weigh the same most of the year. If he is not eating properly according to what he needs it will cause him depression as well as having a lack of fuel to exercize or even get him around. A nutritionist may help him with a person who can help him exercisize in a different way he is known to.

It is hard to go to a gym when most of the people around him look better. Feel good. At least he kept the 25 pds off of him That is a feat. If he can think 2 pds at a time, short small goals using the mastery of the other pounds he removed will help.

I will pray for him. really will. when he is home he can use small things to exercisze like walking with a can of peas on his person. I hope I have been some help to both of you. I see a person who needs not too concentrate too hard on his weight and to concentrate on feeling better and the wonderful things heaven has for him.

Try to take a walk together at night before bed time. Drinking water is important. He should drink a few quarts a day depending on his weight, distilled or bottled water. Water helps to dissolve fat.

I am concerned for his choleserol and triglycerides. Not knowing what thry are...but he should have it checked and a physical every six months at the least to make sure nothing physsically else is wrong. God bless and let me know how it all goes. Jesus cares for him as well as you, love you patricia1 :wub::cool: