IGNORED

Liberals and conservatives literally think differently, really!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

The Iranian leader is just a nut. Pelosi is most definitely a liberal in the classic sense, and just as dangerous. She looks good, though. I'm guessing she spent upwards of $30,000 on her new face. Pity she couldn't get her mouth fixed while she was under the knife......

Saying that Pelosi is as dangerous as the Iranian leader is about as reasoned of a statement as the Iranian leader claiming that Iran has no homosexuals.

I mean come on.

Incrementalism. Look how FDR's incrementalism has left us. I'd say that's pretty dangerous--a different kind of danger, but danger nonetheless.

Marnie come on. Since FDR we have become the richest and most powerful nation in the history of civilization.

Your comparing Pelosi to Ahmadinejad is like how some on the far left claim President Bush is the world's biggest terrorist. Its just not a reasonable statement to make, certainly you are a reasonable enough of a person to see that? :whistling:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Article on you beloved FDR

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Oh, for the record, forrest, I did not compare her directly to him, I said she is just as dangerous and then clarified it. It's a simile, you know? A simile is used to show how two things that are not alike in most ways are similar in one important way. Similes are a way to describe something. Authors use them to make their writing more interesting or entertaining.

Similes use the words “as” or “like” to make the connection between the two things that are being compared.

Article on you beloved FDR

Marnie, come on. That is simply an ideologues opinion about him. Remarkably, I bet that if I googled "Reagan ruined America" or "Reagan is the worst president ever", that literally hundreds of articles would come up written by various left wing ideologues demonizing him. Many of which probably would make what would be seemingly convincing arguments. However, in the end, one would have to look at the source and their inherent bias. However, the opinions of some leftist ideologues not withstanding, I think its safe to say that history will regard Reagan as a good if not great American president.

Similarly, the opinions of some right wing ideologues not withstanding, history has regarded FDR as one of the two greatest president in American history. After all, he was even Reagan's hero. In the end, pure Libertarianism is as much of a utopian ideal as Marxism is. It packages everything up so nicely, has a very reasonable sounding answer for everything, but in the end, its nothing but a bunch of "if only(s)". If only this, and if only that. There is not an ounce of pragmatism in it and pure libertarianism only leads to a form of feudalism. People are always looking for a perfect way of boxing up how the world works, but it just does not exist.

Oh, for the record, forrest, I did not compare her directly to him, I said she is just as dangerous and then clarified it. It's a simile, you know? A simile is used to show how two things that are not alike in most ways are similar in one important way. Similes are a way to describe something. Authors use them to make their writing more interesting or entertaining.

Similes use the words

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Does the presence of Pelosi and others of her ilk, embolden or even ceate persons like Mahmoud?

Only my opinion; she and others that fracture this country are more dangerous.

Copy from piece:

Liberal of the Month: September 2007

Its a tie! Each sprinting to the finish in the last few days of the month. Some people were surprised to see Ahmadinejad included. However, due of the startling similarities in talking points, our panel of subjective judges were forced to acknowledge not only Ahmadinejad, but bin Laden as well. "It's uncanny how liberals and radical Islamists speak from the same playbook," one judge told RL. Congratulations Nancy & Madmood!

[photos here]

Final Standings September 2007

Nancy Pelosi 31% Late sprint with new look! (wink)

Mahoud Ahmadinejad 31% Surprise entry with MoveOn talking points

Osama bin Laden 9% Should have sought Nancy's handler for beard

Barak Obama 9% Oprah, My Space, Facebook

Angelina Jolie 1% Spinning Pearl tragedy to left

27 others 19%

October Liberal of the Month promises to be more lively with US Senate back in session.

_____

mchallen