• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i ran across this statement on a couple of web sites. i would like to know if this is true:

"...No man knows the day nor hour" which is a Jewish idiom (Hebrew idiom) for the feast of Rosh Hashanah

The statement: "no one knows the day nor the hour" is an idiom for Rosh Hashanah. This is because the only Jewish Feast day that begins on the first day of the month as the new moon appears is Rosh Hashanah. In Jesus' day "no one knew the day nor the hour" of the new moon appearing, it had to be observed and reported by two witnesses to the High priest of the Temple before the blowing of the trumpet (shofar) would announce the beginning of Rosh Hashanah. end of statement

no need for me to mention the speculations that are being made out there . . .

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Neat! Thanks for sharing. I hope some who know about this will share also.

Blessings in Him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

"Day of Trumpets" in the Hebrew means "Rosh Hashanah" It is found written about in the book of Leviticus and Numbers.

Leviticus 23:23-25--"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, "a memorial of blowing of trumpets", an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Numbers 10:10--"Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings that they may be to you for a memorial before your God I am the Lord your God.

Numbers 29:1-6--"And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: It is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you. And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the Lord one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year without blemish. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals for a bullock and two tenth deals for a ram. And one tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs. And one kid of the goats for a sin offering to make an atonement for you. Beside the burnt offering of the month and his meat offering and the daily burnt offering, and his meat offering and their drink offerings, according unto their manner, for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the Lord."

Now as you can see from these scriptures that "rosh hashanah" was to be had or done on the "first" day of the "seventh" month. On the Jewish calendar it was the month of "Tishri" that was designated the sabbatical month which on our caledars that would be around the months of "September & October."

But the whole purpose behind the "day of trumpets" being the first day of the month Tishri was to usher in and set apart and consecrate the seventh month as the sabbatical month.

Also in Number 10 at the very beginning of that chapter which I did not include above you can read where Moses was instructed by God to have the people make "two silver trumpets" to use for certain things that are mentioned and these two silver trumpets in verse #10 was to be used on this "day of trumpets" which I found interesting. It is also important to understand that this was just a "Day" of blowing the trumpets and not days only done on the first day of the seventh month.

There is most definately "prophectic importance" to this celebration taking place because it is talking within the New Testament and connecting it with the "return of our Lord" in Matthew, 1 Corinthians, 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Matthew 24:31--"And he shall send his "angels" with a great sound of a trumpet and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:30; Revelation 1:7)

1Corinthians 15:52--"In a moment in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed."

1 Thessalonians 4:16--"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

The trumpets will be sounded at both the "catching away" of the church when the dead in Christ shall be raised from the dead and those who are alive and remain on the earth shall be caught up to be with the Lord.

Also the second coming of the Lord during the end-time events will also be ushered in by the blowing of the trumpets.

So the sound of the trumpets is a type and shadow of these two events that are yet to take place on earth as the trumpets will be blown just prior to the events.

Anyways I hope I have helped.

OC

yes you have. thanks!

now is this also considered the day of creation?

[doubled]

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

yes you have. thanks!

now is this also considered the day of creation?

Hi Fraught,

I am not sure what you are asking me here if you could clarify what you are meaning in a more detailed way I will be glad to try and find the answer you are seeking but not sure at this point how you are connecting the two.

OC

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

"Day of Trumpets" in the Hebrew means "Rosh Hashanah" It is found written about in the book of Leviticus and Numbers.

Leviticus 23:23-25--"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, "a memorial of blowing of trumpets", an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Numbers 10:10--"Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings that they may be to you for a memorial before your God I am the Lord your God.

Numbers 29:1-6--"And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: It is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you. And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the Lord one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year without blemish. And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals for a bullock and two tenth deals for a ram. And one tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs. And one kid of the goats for a sin offering to make an atonement for you. Beside the burnt offering of the month and his meat offering and the daily burnt offering, and his meat offering and their drink offerings, according unto their manner, for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the Lord."

Now as you can see from these scriptures that "rosh hashanah" was to be had or done on the "first" day of the "seventh" month. On the Jewish calendar it was the month of "Tishri" that was designated the sabbatical month which on our caledars that would be around the months of "September & October."

But the whole purpose behind the "day of trumpets" being the first day of the month Tishri was to usher in and set apart and consecrate the seventh month as the sabbatical month.

Also in Number 10 at the very beginning of that chapter which I did not include above you can read where Moses was instructed by God to have the people make "two silver trumpets" to use for certain things that are mentioned and these two silver trumpets in verse #10 was to be used on this "day of trumpets" which I found interesting. It is also important to understand that this was just a "Day" of blowing the trumpets and not days only done on the first day of the seventh month.

There is most definately "prophectic importance" to this celebration taking place because it is talking within the New Testament and connecting it with the "return of our Lord" in Matthew, 1 Corinthians, 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Matthew 24:31--"And he shall send his "angels" with a great sound of a trumpet and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:30; Revelation 1:7)

1Corinthians 15:52--"In a moment in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed."

1 Thessalonians 4:16--"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

The trumpets will be sounded at both the "catching away" of the church when the dead in Christ shall be raised from the dead and those who are alive and remain on the earth shall be caught up to be with the Lord.

Also the second coming of the Lord during the end-time events will also be ushered in by the blowing of the trumpets.

So the sound of the trumpets is a type and shadow of these two events that are yet to take place on earth as the trumpets will be blown just prior to the events.

Anyways I hope I have helped.

OC

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I had also heard that this is the (supposed) day of the creation.

And the other evening on tv I heard someone remark that this date is said by some to be the

Messiah's coronation day.

I don't know if these are from oral tradition or what...I was wondering about those things too.

(OC thanks for what you shared!)