• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/02/1989

Ok I am really confused Is it sin to sleep with a Someone. The Reason i asked is We are desendance of Adam and Eve and Also Noahs and his sons .To Me it like sleeping with a brother (I Never did sleep with someone) but it a Question i wonder. :rolleyes::):) :hug: :sweating:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/23/1991

well it really depends on what you mean by sleepingwith someone.

if you mean sex then it is wrong if it is outside the bonds of marriage.

BLAZE

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/23/1967

Ok I am really confused Is it sin to sleep with a Someone. The Reason i asked is We are desendance of Adam and Eve and Also Noahs and his sons .To Me it like sleeping with a brother (I Never did sleep with someone) but it a Question i wonder. :):D:) :hug: :sweating:

God lays out the law for that in Leviticus 20:10-21. It never says that we cannot sleep with cousins, it does say that we cannot sleep with aunts and uncles because they are too close (near of kin is what is used). I think that our laws went one step farther and that was to second cousins just to be on the save side. But if you remember when it came to Noah his sons were already married so when they had children they would have been first cousins, and God never says that you cannon be with a first cousin (your uncles son/daughter). That is what I found unless someone else has anything to add to show it needs to go to second cousins. Hope that helps some.

Blessings~Rose

Oh I see what's going on, well you still would first need to be inside the bonds of marriage but other than that cousins I would guess have to be okay.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

back then their blood lines were much more pure still. Remember, Adam and Eve were perfect, and so their children, grandchildren, etc, had very little genetic problems. Nowadays, many many many years later, there are alot more health and genetic issues to deal with(if you are going to have children with someone). In most states it is illegal to marry your first cousin, because of the genetic aspect. The blood lines would be too close, causing alot of risks.

But nevertheless, it is a sin to sleep with someone you aren't married to.

correction... in half the states (ironically, the least populated, least industrious states) it is still illegal to marry one's first cousin. those prohibitive laws did not exist until the late 1800's and early 1900's

as for the genetic risks, that is largely myth. there is some slight increase for children born to first cousins, but it is very slight.

hvnly1rose, you are correct. scripture does not forbid first cousins from marrying.

by the way, for those who are interested, i will be appearing on 20/20 next friday discussing the issue of cousin marriage. about 25 hours of filming went into the segment, and i'm sure it has been edited down to less than 20 minutes... and experience tells me that it is very likely that all references to the Biblical perspective will have been cut. the genetics, facts vs. myths, will more than likely remain the focus of the segment.

oh, and my renewal of vows ceremony to my husband will be highlighted during the segment as well.

correction... in half the states (ironically, the least populated, least industrious states) it is still illegal to marry one's first cousin. those prohibitive laws did not exist until the late 1800's and early 1900's

as for the genetic risks, that is largely myth. there is some slight increase for children born to first cousins, but it is very slight.

hvnly1rose, you are correct. scripture does not forbid first cousins from marrying.

by the way, for those who are interested, i will be appearing on 20/20 next friday discussing the issue of cousin marriage. about 25 hours of filming went into the segment, and i'm sure it has been edited down to less than 20 minutes... and experience tells me that it is very likely that all references to the Biblical perspective will have been cut. the genetics, facts vs. myths, will more than likely remain the focus of the segment.

oh, and my renewal of vows ceremony to my husband will be highlighted during the segment as well.

Lady,

please inform us of the date and time. I'm sure many of us would love to see and hear you.

John

back then their blood lines were much more pure still. Remember, Adam and Eve were perfect, and so their children, grandchildren, etc, had very little genetic problems. Nowadays, many many many years later, there are alot more health and genetic issues to deal with(if you are going to have children with someone). In most states it is illegal to marry your first cousin, because of the genetic aspect. The blood lines would be too close, causing alot of risks.

But nevertheless, it is a sin to sleep with someone you aren't married to.

Hey Nicks Girl,

where did you get so much knowledge and wisdom for one so young?

It must be due to your love and pursuit of the Lord. Right? :help:

Stay in Him my friend, and God bless you!

John

LOL, well, the best i can tell ya is it's on 20/20, which airs on abc, on friday nights. time will vary by time zone!

i just went to the 20/20 website though, and apparently tonight's episode got pre-empted... whether that will effect their schedule to air the segment i'm on or not remains to be seen.... if it does, i'm sure they'll let me know monday, in which case i'll let you know here :laugh: