Is anyone willing to attempt an answer?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In simpler terms, why do I have something I can't use, when others who want it, don't?
..because its not about what you want... ;) ...BUT about what you need in the eyes of God. :noidea:

Why would God allow an athlete to be involved in an accident losing his legs but yet the "couch potato" keeps his?

God is sovereign and knows BEST in all situations. He looks at our needs through eternal eyes.

You have captured the gist of the question, and yes it comes down to His sovereignty. Perhaps my problem is that I don't understand perceived inequity and how it relates to His sovereign will and purpose.

postscript: Just because someone has the means to procreate does not mean they'd make a good father. Trust God and seek what he has in store for you rather than seek him to fulfill your wants. The people of Israel wanted an earthly king! Reluctantly, God gave them an earthly king. It turned out not to be a good deal for them and is what eventually led them astray into the hands of the Assyrians. We just have to trust God. :wub:
Now it is interesting that you should bring up the Israelites seeking a king. I have been considering this and a number of other verses as to whether or not it is wrong to desire a wife - whether a desire for a wife and family is in effect a snub at God, and saying that he is not good enough or is incapable of fully meeting our needs. I have considered Adam being unable to find a suitable helper, and God seeing his sense of aloneness. Didn't Adam have plenty and a fulness of communion with God in the garden? Why would he desire something else? Was God's meeting that desire in Eve analogous to Israel and their king? Why does Paul need to re-assure Christian believers that marrying is not sin, and seems to equate it with a concession for those who may fall into sin?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband was 43 when we met and then got married. We went on to have 7 kids.

So there is hope for you yet.

:noidea:

I suppose my concern in this regard is having the ability to properly provide and care for any children until such time as they are fully grown and capable of supporting themselves. As we age, we often have less energy and an increasing health burden which could impair our ability to provide parenting to the level we would like.

By the way, it's great to hear things have worked out for you. I hope that they are a treasure to you, and that you see them as a blessing from the Lord. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Well, I am single and a virgin. However, I don't count, seeing as I'm 16.

I do know what you're talking about to some degree though. The last girl I dated was great, we got along really well, but after awhile God showed me that I couldn't date someone who wasn't equally committed to him. It was hard but I ended it. Since then, with my newly raised standards, I haven't had a girlfriend. It's hard because I have been attracted to girls, but so often they are people who call themselves Christian but have no idea what that means.

I have decided that while it's still too early for me to tell, IF God decides I am to be single, then that is something I have to accept as part of God's plan, no matter how hard that might be.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

Well, I am single and a virgin. However, I don't count, seeing as I'm 16.

I do know what you're talking about to some degree though. The last girl I dated was great, we got along really well, but after awhile God showed me that I couldn't date someone who wasn't equally committed to him. It was hard but I ended it. Since then, with my newly raised standards, I haven't had a girlfriend. It's hard because I have been attracted to girls, but so often they are people who call themselves Christian but have no idea what that means.

I have decided that while it's still too early for me to tell, IF God decides I am to be single, then that is something I have to accept as part of God's plan, no matter how hard that might be.

Keilan - that is such an amazing, spirit filled answer. I pray my two daughters adopt your well-thought out insights. Thank you for sharing this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/22/1958

If you are following GOD's plan for your life, does it really matter how old you are or that you are still single and a virgin? No matter where we are in our life's journey, GOD has a mission for us to fulfill. Leave the fulfillment of GOD's plan for your life up to Him.

Worrying about what will happen tomorrow is like trying to get somewhere in a rocking chair - you're burning a lot energy and going nowhere. Instead of using valuable time and energy worrying about tomorrow, find out what you can do today to serve GOD. Who knows if by actively serving GOD in a particular area of ministry, you might find the person with whom GOD wants you to spend the rest of your life. I know my church is always looking for volunteers to help with the nursery and we actually have a couple of guys who volunteer to rock babies and to keep the more active toddlers busy. Some of these guys are empty-nesters and some of them are single guys who want children one day. GOD wants us to find fulfillment. Can you think of a better way to find fullfillment than by serving GOD?

Matthew 6: 25

Edited by Rebecca2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

Welcome to Worthy Lost Sheep. Don't worry many gentlemen much older than you become fathers for the first time and have plenty of energy to play with the kids.

There are many descent women of the Lord out there, trust me. Don't give up hope, don't measure things by your age. There is no cut off age. God is merciful. Delight yourself in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart. He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/12/1976

Our lives are not about procreating.

This idea that we all have to be fathers and mothers is a myth.

As you stated, thee ar emany couples that are childless.

I know there are christians who specifically choose not to have kids. I think that is their right and path.

In terms of getting a wife, perhaps there are issues at hand.

Are you actively seeking and getting yourself out there?

Are you too extreme in your own idea of what a perfect woman she be, look like or act in whatever christian way.

Remember we are all sinners and imperfect in the ideas of God.

The idea that there is criteria to find a woman that will ensure happy days trouble free for the rest of your life is mis-guided. People sin, They repent, People fall down, God picks them up.

I see your problem as this:

and because of the seriousness with which I regard marriage in accordance with Scripture

Marriage is a coming together of two humans, that God made. Scripture is our personal guide to being christian.

You might very well marry an atheist, and God will still allow you into heaven as a Good Christian.

All you need to do is find a gal that is Christian, and who trys to be a better person and that's all you need.

Just my humble opinion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

God will send you the right person when time is right. a few years ago in my church, there was a man in his 60s, who never had any kind of relationship with a woman, he served God all his life. He desired and longed to have a wife and a son. cut a long story short, God eventully gave him his wife, he is now married to a woman who is in her late 40s, and last year were blessed with a son. I hasten to add everything in conception and birth etc was natural, amazing to see as many people in thier 40s can only concieve after doing things like IV treatment. Anyway that is God at work and its never too late.

I see your problem as this:

and because of the seriousness with which I regard marriage in accordance with Scripture

Marriage is a coming together of two humans, that God made. Scripture is our personal guide to being christian.

You might very well marry an atheist, and God will still allow you into heaven as a Good Christian.

All you need to do is find a gal that is Christian, and who trys to be a better person and that's all you need.

Just my humble opinion.

That may well be my problem, but my Lord and my God has revealed in His Word the following, which I believe to be true and for my ultimate benefit;

2 Corinthians 6:14 NIV Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Matthew 5:37 NIV Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Matthew 19:3-8 NIV They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

1 Corinthians 7:2-3,10-11 NIV But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Ephesians 5:25-28 NIV Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.