• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

hi all,

there is a young lady on another board of which i'm a member who recently posted that she was shunned from JW. as a result, her parents and brother shunned her as well. needless to say, she is heartbroken. i'm not educated in the Bible so i'm looking to you kind folks for help. where does it say about such practices? about the unity of family? etc. anything that i can pass onto her would be appreciated.

many thanks, & God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Hi Elsie,

I hope that you can give this young lady some guidance. A website you might check is http://www.4witness.org/.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

hi all,

there is a young lady on another board of which i'm a member who recently posted that she was shunned from JW. as a result, her parents and brother shunned her as well. needless to say, she is heartbroken. i'm not educated in the Bible so i'm looking to you kind folks for help. where does it say about such practices? about the unity of family? etc. anything that i can pass onto her would be appreciated.

many thanks, & God bless.

I'm not sure , but if JW is referring to Jehovah Witnesses, myself, I wouldn't be all that upset.

I guess her family must be JW's as well, which may cause quite a problem if she is a Christian.

The last time I spoke with a couple of JW's, they refused to acknowledge the deity of Christ or that He was the way to salvation. Since that time, interestingly enough, they no longer call on my house.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:emot-wave: from damo1

high my first wife was a jehova witness and this is normal practice for jehova witness to do all i can say to you is reach out to her the best you can share openly to her about how god came in your life

as far as i know it does not say this in gods living word as they have a diffrent bible to our bible when my partner decided to not follow or belive in there ways she was told to leave one of her best friends at school took her into there home and her parents supported my wife like she was one of there own

all i can give you is this verse in matthew as this helped my first wife see for her self who god realy was

Matthew 11

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for i am jentle and lowly in heart and you wil find rest for your souls

30 for my yoke is easy and my burden is light

when she read this she broke down as gods spirit was able to do something i could not do and bring in some sounding words and home truth to what was taught to my x wife

yet all jehova witness are diffrent depending how they have been raised and what they have been taught concerning the bible they have

just be your self to this person that has been talking to you get her to question what has been taught to her this works and she will see this for her self also if you can lead her to a beliving church and arrange some counsling for her only if she is open to this as its going to take time for her to heal

in most churches they have proffesional counselers that know how to deal with this and would have x jehova witness as well hear were i live i know of few that left and are settled in churches in sydney and are doing what they can to educate christians to be more effective when it comes to wittnessing to jehova witness if there is a christian book store to were you live go in and ask for books on how to reach out to a jehova witness as i know there are books out in christian book stores

this is all i can give you i hope others hear might be able to be more helpful as i said what worked for me only worked for me

take care from damo1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

thank you, all, for your responses.