kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like no one wants to dispute the premise of the movie - that scientists simply cannot question darwin or they're completely ostracised by a scientific community that doesn't allow free thought whatsoever.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Blame the Christians and the Creationists!

I blame the liars, who in this case happen to be creationists and probably Christians, though as Christians you'd think they'd shy away from false witness.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

It looks like no one wants to dispute the premise of the movie - that scientists simply cannot question darwin or they're completely ostracised by a scientific community that doesn't allow free thought whatsoever.

I do dispute the premise, but there is no way for me to prove some scientists aren't being ostracized somewhere. Can't prove a universal negative.

The movie is clearly taking the opposite position, one that theoretically can be proved, with evidence. and I look forward to their evidence. :33:

"I blame the liars, who in this case happen to be creationists and probably Christians, though as Christians you'd think they'd shy away from false witness. "

Why do you assume the filmmakers are Christians or creationists?

Oh come on. You know darn well that scientists don't allow other scientists to consider creationism worthy of any kind of study or consideration or even a thought!

You know there is no freedom of thought in this regard in the scientific community!

I've been saying it all along! haven't you been reading my posts! :33:

THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Colossians 1:16

.... though as Christians you'd think they'd shy away from false witness.
:thumbsup:

:24:

Amen!

Thanks Dear Brother.

Truly

"Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation." Psalms 62:1

It Is About The Witness Of Truth.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

It Is About Jesus Christ And Him Crucified And His Redemption.

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14

It Is About His Resurrection And His Assertion And God's Kingdom Come.

"This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses." Acts 2:32

It Is About Judgment And Mercy And Grace And The New Creation And The New Jerusalem.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." Revelation 21:1-2

:(

True Witness

"A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies." Proverbs 14:5

To Jesus

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

The Creator And The Light

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." John 1:1-5

And To His Power

"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:12

:)

Evolution Says Oh Pooh - Real Science Has Not A Clue

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:6-9

The Things That God Did Do - The Things God Has For You

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" John 14:1-3

For Those Who Trust In God's Son - Jesus Christ The Holy One

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

:)

What Fun!

Reading Words Of Love, Hope And Truth.

You Rock Little Brother!

Post Early, Post Often.

Be Blessed Beloved Of The Creator

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

you want to blame christians and creationism but i was told and i am getting darwins book that he said openly that what he held close to his heart he was wrong

why is it when some one shares somthing on a post you all come up with ideas and openly attack with out thinking this is just a movie why dont you debate the producers of this movie and write letters all kari19 was doing is sharing something it just amazes me how people bluntly want to make statments like this and state with out thinking

so i challange those that are arguing hear to write a letter to the producers with out mocking any off us christians

so i would apprecitate you atheists to give us christians some respect or i think i might go on an atheist forum and have a little bit of fun my self i know what atheists do when they come on christian forums and if you do not like this christian forum stick to an atheist forum this is offensive for me to hear as a person and as a christian

i have not once come against an atheist on this forum i have shown them respect and i hope the same respect is shown when you log onto a christian fourum so i dare you to winge to the producers of this show other wise let people have there say with out it turning inot an all knowledge i know what i belive in argument

i stick to a christian forum as this is were i can grow and learn from others as a christian with out loging on to a forum that is not fit for me as a person so please show some respect

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

so i would apprecitate you atheists to give us christians some respect or i think i might go on an atheist forum and have a little bit of fun my self i know what atheists do when they come on christian forums and if you do not like this christian forum stick to an atheist forum this is offensive for me to hear as a person and as a christian

Respect is a two-edged sword. If you want to gain respect, you should give respect. If you read the posts here, you will see that no-one has argued against the film's premise. Until I see the film, I don't know what to argue against. I did argue, though, that the film's producers deliberately lied to gain interviews with several scientists. Let me get this straight, I have no respect whatsever for liars, be they Christian, muslim, hindu or atheist liars. If you think differently, let's hear your argument in favour of lying. Why is my lack of respect for liars objectionable to you?

As to going on an atheist forum, I'm sure that you will be welcome, as long as you don't proselytise. You might find the arguments used against you a lot more robust that are ever aired here, though.

Just curious... it's the producers' word against some of the scientists who now have reason to try to damage the credibility of the filmmakers. Who's to say who's lying? Funny... it wasn't us "judgemental" Christians making the snap judgement...

Also, like Ben said: " "I don't remember a single person asking me what the movie was about."

Changing the title is neither here nor there. The whole emphasis has been changed. Presumably the film makers knew all along what the main emphasis was going to be - a polemic against Darwinism. Telling Dawkins and others that 'it was an examination of the intersection of science and religion.' was LYING plain and simple. The article infers that it was the producer who inviewed these people, so Ben's statement is irrelevant.

"At no time was I given the slightest clue that these people were a creationist front," he said.Eugenie C. Scott, a physical anthropologist who heads the National Center for Science Education, said she agreed to be filmed after receiving what she described as a deceptive invitation.

"At any time, did you ask?"

"At any time, did you ask to see the script?"

"I have certainly been taped by people and appeared in productions where people's views are different than mine, and that's fine," Dr. Scott said, adding that she would have appeared in the film anyway. "I just expect people to be honest with me, and they weren't."

'Nuff said.

Withholding all of the facts is not the same as lying. I still don't even see where anyone 'lied'. It IS 'an examination of the intersection of science and religion'.

There are a thousand different ways you could describe this movie in a sentence.

I'll bet anything Dawkins ASSUMED the film would have the evolutionary bias that most films and programs have. I'll bet when he heard the premise he jumped the gun all too happy to make a public statement about how 'stupid' Christians were etc, etc.

If Dawkins was so brilliant, he would have asked to see the script or least have asked more questions.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If Dawkins was so brilliant, he would have asked to see the script or least have asked more questions.

Good point.

They're just playing bully tactics - which only serves to verify the claims of the film.

As another poster pointed out - changing producers and the movie title is fair game in Hollywood. Changing the title, at least, happens a lot.

Can you prove there was any deliberate deception going on?