Bra check upsets court visitor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

A Bonners Ferry woman says she was humiliated when security guards at the federal courthouse in Coeur d'Alene told her she'd have to remove her underwire bra to get inside.

Lori Plato said she was going into the courthouse for a court hearing Sept. 20 when the metal detector went off as she passed through security.

"When I walked through, the gentleman said, "'Do you have an underwire bra on?'." Plato said. "I said, 'Yeah.' He said, 'You have to remove it.' "

But there was nowhere private to remove her bra, she said. The guards suggested she go out to her car to do it.

At the Kootenai County Courthouse, Peter Barnes, the head of security, said he's not aware of an underwire bra ever setting off metal detectors there.

If that were to occur, Barnes said, security guards likely would use a handheld wand to sweep over the woman's chest.

"We never run into a problem where we thought anything like that was a weapon or looked like a weapon," he said. :thumbsup:

McDonald declined to discuss other ways the federal courthouse guards could have screened Plato. "I don't want to get into security matters," he said. :24:SPOKESMAN REVIEW

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

If that is the case then how about jewelery? We are supposed to take all jewelery off for work so I took off all jewelery except my wedding ring which after all this time is practically impossible to remove. My knuckle must have swelled up. I could use a pair of wire cutters but nobody expected me to destroy the ring. A lot of others are in the same position, so they just let it go. We wear gloves anyway.

What would you do if you had a surgical pin in your leg or something? Or a plate in your skull like my friend?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dental work!? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

That is just so stupid.

If they told me I had to remove my bra, I'd curtsie, smile, and do a little tap dance out the door. No WAY would I go back into that courthouse without a bra for any security guards ogling eyes.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

If they told me I had to remove my bra, I'd curtsie, smile, and do a little tap dance out the door. No WAY would I go back into that courthouse without a bra for any security guards ogling eyes.

why are u so crazy, Kari? LOL!!!

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

This story cracked me up, beacuse this happens to me every time I fly! I have metal throughout my body, everywhere except there, but it never, ever fails. Those geniuses at the airport always make me take mine off, among other articles of clothing.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

They are just getting too picky.

I have metal "hardware" in my body that always show up

when I have to go through a security check...uuugghh!!!

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

why are u so crazy, Kari? LOL!!!

*Kari looks up from eating a bowl of lead paint chips*

Wha? Huh?

that's the most absurd thing i've ever heard. i think i'd say something very un-christ-like about what they can do with my underwires once i remove them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

If that is the case then how about jewelery? We are supposed to take all jewelery off for work so I took off all jewelery except my wedding ring which after all this time is practically impossible to remove. My knuckle must have swelled up. I could use a pair of wire cutters but nobody expected me to destroy the ring. A lot of others are in the same position, so they just let it go. We wear gloves anyway.

What would you do if you had a surgical pin in your leg or something? Or a plate in your skull like my friend?

I have 14 clips in my shoulder from and all you have to do is get a special medical card that says you have pins/clips/screws/rods/ect. The doctor can get you one. =) I fly alot so mine comes in handy. :noidea:

The card works sometimes; sometimes not.