• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

It's interesting that you don't feel earthquakes in Australia. There are quite a few good sized ones that happen around you.....The Banda Sea, New Zealand, Bismarck Sea, Vanuatu, a 6.6 and a 7.3 in the Auckland Islands on September 30, just to name a few. These places are probably quite a ways from where you live.

If anyone is interested in signing up for this free email notification service, go to http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/ens/ and just sign up. Many of the earthquakes have tsunami warnings attached with them. I watch trunami warnings here http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/?region=0 and I check volcano status here http://www.intlvrc.org/alerts.htm.

It's all just interesting. There really is nothing to do about these natural disasters, but just watch and wait.

<>< ><>

Nathele

from damo1 damien

you are right to say this trusting jesus as wear i am i am living in the country and we are 6 hours from queensland and we do not feel this at all yet we get this on our news i heard about the other ones you mentioned see wear i am we get very bad hail storms and its nown for bad bush fires around hear the hail storms we get are the size of a golf ball i missed the big one as i just moved to armidale new south wales and this hail storm did a lot of damage a lot of birds wear killed cars destroyed and most car dealers put there cars that were damaged on special yet if you have the money you can get some good deals we had one in nov last year and i was just about to walk out the door for work and then it just hit us out of no were i did not even see a change in the clouds and it was like winter i took photos my son has this at home

yet i saw what happend in newcastle a lot of damage and it was one of these freak quakes people did not expect it yet i wil get what you left for my self as i wil be reading what goes on in the philippines hear we get very bad floods trusting jesus i am not sure if what heppend in newcastle was shown were you live but a lot of people lost there homes and one tip was full of new cars damaged by the floods we had last year

when it floods the water comes into your home and goes right up to your wal in the kitchen you just let it happen and you can not do a thing very scary if you have not been in one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I don't have television reception so the only news I see is what's on the internet. No, I didn't see the reports of the damage of that quake. I just get the email notification of the quakes. I grew up in California and we had some. I have never been at the epicenter, but my step-daughter was very near to the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 which did so much damage to San Francisco. I now live in Missouri where tornadoes happen. I guess there really isn't any place where natural disasters don't happen. It just seems that there are more tsunami's and more earthquakes and more hurricanes. Maybe I am just paying more attention to this.

<>< ><>

Nathele