• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." Matthew 24:7

In the above Scripture, Jesus had just had a confrontation with the Scribes and Pharisees. Things He said caused the desciples to come to Him and ask what would be the sign of His coming and the end of the world. Beginning in Matthew 24:4 Jesus gives them a list of things that will proceed His second coming (note that the desciples had asked about the end of the world, not about the rapture). Well, the list that Jesus gives of the signs reads like the script for the evening news.

But I would like to focus in on the earthquakes. Does anyone else subscribe to the USGS earthquake notification service? I have subscribed to it for a number of years, and in the last few months there seems to be a marked increase in the number of earthquakes everywhere. I only get notified of the ones 3.0 a larger, but since October 1 there have been nearly 100 of them. Some are small, but some are good sized such as a 6.2 in Indonesia, a 6.2 in the Alaska Peninsula, a 6.0 in Sumatra, a 6.3 in Fiji. This seems to be a lot of activity in divers places.

What are your thoughts about this.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." Matthew 24:7

In the above Scripture, Jesus had just had a confrontation with the Scribes and Pharisees. Things He said caused the desciples to come to Him and ask what would be the sign of His coming and the end of the world. Beginning in Matthew 24:4 Jesus gives them a list of things that will proceed His second coming (note that the desciples had asked about the end of the world, not about the rapture). Well, the list that Jesus gives of the signs reads like the script for the evening news.

But I would like to focus in on the earthquakes. Does anyone else subscribe to the USGS earthquake notification service? I have subscribed to it for a number of years, and in the last few months there seems to be a marked increase in the number of earthquakes everywhere. I only get notified of the ones 3.0 a larger, but since October 1 there have been nearly 100 of them. Some are small, but some are good sized such as a 6.2 in Indonesia, a 6.2 in the Alaska Peninsula, a 6.0 in Sumatra, a 6.3 in Fiji. This seems to be a lot of activity in divers places.

<>< ><>

Nathele

thanks nathele - interesting post!

i often look at i.r.i.s. but i don't know about the service you mention. i am curious tho. people often ask me if there is really more of something or is it just that we have increase of knowledge and so are more aware. i think you are a good person to ask as you say 'you have subscribed for a number of years'. but you say also 'there seems to be'. i think that either there is a marked increase or there is not - would you please clarify with some stats as i, for one, am very interested. :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is what I was able to find. The record below only includes earthquakes of 6.99 mag. or higher

1863 to 1900 incl. for a period of 38 years - 12 earthquakes

1901 to 1938 incl. for a period of 38 years - 53 earthquakes

1939 to 1976 incl. for a period of 38 years - 71 earthquakes

1977 to 2014 incl. for a period of 38 years - 114 (to Aug 2007) and predicted to be 142 in total

This information was found at

http://earth.webecs.co.uk/index.htm

This info is on page 3. I got this through google so I can't vouch for it's accuracy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

I think, NO I know we'er in the last days.........and as wicked as this world is getting may the Lord NOT tarry but come quickly...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I have been going to the USGS site for a long time. I have always been interested in natural disasters.

Greater than 3 are not as common as the rest, but the count is always high for any given 24 hour period.

If you check the world map daily, as I have done in the past, I think you'll discover my previous statement true.

Some years back during a period of increased activity I was able to predict the region where the next large quake would occur, but not the time.

As far as earthquake activity as to how it relates to biblical prophesy, I can't comment.

We are told certain things, not so we can predict the coming, but rather, know these things for what they are and not be fearful.

The time of Yeshua's return is known only to the Father.

I think we are expected to deal with the tasks at hand from a christian perspective as best we can, and leave the order of those things to come to Our Father.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

<>< ><>

Nathele

This is what I was able to find. The record below only includes earthquakes of 6.99 mag. or higher

1863 to 1900 incl. for a period of 38 years - 12 earthquakes

1901 to 1938 incl. for a period of 38 years - 53 earthquakes

1939 to 1976 incl. for a period of 38 years - 71 earthquakes

1977 to 2014 incl. for a period of 38 years - 114 (to Aug 2007) and predicted to be 142 in total

This information was found at

http://earth.webecs.co.uk/index.htm

This info is on page 3. I got this through google so I can't vouch for it's accuracy.

Thanks I will look further, but that is the key way to look at earthquakes. We can't just say it seems like there are more or that there has been more in the past 20 or 30 years, we need to look at the long term trend for as far back as we can measure. That site is indicating that earthquakes are indeed on the increase since 1863.

It would be interesting to compare that to famines and pestilence/plagues.

I appreciate the input. I am far from an expert on quakes, and am trying to learn more. I've been getting the earthquake notifications for many years, but only recently have I been keeping them on a spread sheet, so I can't say for certain that there has been an increase. I've lost my previous notifications (a word to the wise -- never turn your computer on to see what the weather is when the thunder and lightening is right over head - lightening strikes fry computers :emot-hug: ). My records now just go back to the middle of April, and according to my calculations, I have the following numbers: May 332, June 353, July 376, August 384, September 387, so far in October 102.

Now, these figures are close, but not necessarily completely accurate. I am still "refining" my spreadsheet, and my husband is also signed up for the notification and sometimes I get some he doesn't, and he gets some that I don't. I'm not sure why.

They quakes happen everywhere. The strongest one on my list was 8.4 in Southers Sumatra, Indonesia, on September 12. There have been quite a few over 7.0. I am sure that the tracking methods are much more accurate than they used to be, but it still seems like a lot of earthquakes.

Jesus just told us the signs to look for, He probably won't take us Home next Tuesday, but with all of the wars, and nations who are fighting with each other, and the diseases, etc., I keep watching and waiting. I really think it just might be withing my lifetime.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Thanks for the clarification :24:

Revelation 16:15 - "Look, I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are watching for me,who keep their clothing ready so they will not have to walk around naked and ashamed."

i live with a skeptic so i have to have back-up for just about every statement i make :noidea: so thanks again !

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

high trusting jesus

we hear in Australia dont get that many earth quakes as most of the world does though the city of new castle did get a bad earth quake i am not sure if you saw this on tv were you live we do get earth tremors were i use to live in the blue mountains this happend as i was going away the hole town was shook by a small earth tremor and this set the alarms of in every single shop

though were i wil be living in the philippines its set on the ring of fire and they do feel this and i will have to get adjusted as much as i can i do though watch documentrys on earth quakes like china and what they are doing to better the city and prottect the residents of that city

yet i know of the magazine you order as my friend who is a christian hear gets this magazine i am more intrested in storms like the storm chasers the people that chase after tornadoes and hail as we get bad hail hear were i live the size of golf balls ever since i have been young i have been intrested in this activety and i am amazed at what damage a tornadoe or what a twister can do

thank you for stating this as i read what you put down and i am aware of this and have a friend who looks threw the bible and to what the bible says on this

blessings

It's interesting that you don't feel earthquakes in Australia. There are quite a few good sized ones that happen around you.....The Banda Sea, New Zealand, Bismarck Sea, Vanuatu, a 6.6 and a 7.3 in the Aukland Islands on September 30, just to name a few. These places are probably quite a ways from where you live.

If anyone is interested in signing up for this free email notification service, go to http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/ens/ and just sign up. Many of the earthquakes have tsunami warnings attached with them. I watch trunami warnings here http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/?region=0 and I check volcano status here http://www.intlvrc.org/alerts.htm.

It's all just interesting. There really is nothing to do about these natural disasters, but just watch and wait.

<>< ><>

Nathele