IGNORED

Witnessing

Guest LCPGUY

Guest LCPGUY

I am in dire need of help in witnessing to Mike, a client of mine.

He syas he was saved at around 12 or 13. He is now 40.

He, and his wife, send their kids to Christian school. They are 13 and 14. They have been in Christian private school (Nazarene) up until now. One still is, the younger. They just put the older son in a Catholic school.

Mike is one of the ones I mentioned in another forum that has been embezzled by two different Christian women. Both bookkeepers for him.

End of short and incomplete background...

He mocks "born again Christians". He used to play golf with the folks at the Christian school. He had enough of them after them telling him how to be saved, and then caught them cheating at golf. He is completely turned off by their bigoted attitude. Upon socializing with the Catholic folks, he likes them better. He says they will drink with you, smoke with you and never condemn you. They are just "real" folks.

But, he wants no part of the Catholic church for himself because of all the Mary worship and praying to the saints instead of Jesus. Amen there!!!

The bottom line is that he doesn't want God in any way shape or form. He and Dawn send their kids to Christian schools for the better education, not religion. He says they have to de-program all the Bible "crap" out of their kids every day.

They believe in God, but view Him as a cranky old white haired dude that's just waiting to "get you".

He despises Christians as he feels they are the phoniest of the phonies. He loves Mormons because they have never cheated him and are always clean, friendly and hard working.

He curses God, taking His name in vain. He uses extremely foul language, as does his wife in front of the boys. They too are now using such language.

I have prayed and prayed for them several years now. No results. I asked him what I was doing that would discredit Christianity. He said nothing and if more Christians were like you, I'd have no problem with it. But the others are all "stinking money grabbing phonies."

He even made this statement: "If I go to hell, fine. At least the golf courses there won't be crowded with those rotten Christian phonies."

His Mother and Father were Christians but put him up for adoption. He is really a sad and hurting person.

But you know what? He treats others with respect and love. He doesn't lie, cheat or steal. He is a great guy! I asked him why he hated God. He said "I don't, I hate His stinking followers."

Dawn is a real hard nut to crack. But Mike has a heart of gold towards others. Dawn is another story. She is a non-practicing Catholic and while she believes, she thinks God is a God of hate and a God of loving to see people suffer. Unfortunately, she has a great influence on Mike.

As long as this post was, it is only a part of the story.

Help me please. How can I change his mind and his heart, and Dawn's too.

Thanx guys and gals.

Love yuh all...

In Him,

John

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

oh. I don't know.

He seems to think that you are a pretty good person, did you tell him that there are more people like, you??

I am at a loss, I have a hard time witnessing at school and such because you try to speak to them and they reply back with i go to church. So I don't know.

I'd pray for something that you say would touch them in a mighty way, that they's come to believe God for who He is and not who've they percieved him to be.

Keep on trying.

oh. I don't know.

He seems to think that you are a pretty good person, did you tell him that there are more people like, you??

I am at a loss, I have a hard time witnessing at school and such because you try to speak to them and they reply back with i go to church. So I don't know.

:laugh::laugh: ohhhh dang.....I'm at a loss too. Sigh, it seems your friend has looked into humans as being God and he's been let down on many occasions. I'm sure he's not the only one like that. There are tons of people who refuse to believe in God all together just because of people whosay they are Christian, but their actions don't back them up.

The only thing I can suggest is to show him what a REAL Christian is suppose to act like. :P

Ughhh, and don't you hate the "I go to church" comment?, Hippo? It makes me wanna yell " Well whoopty freakin doo..."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

John,

Your friend sounds just like my husband, unfortunately...he has the same problem with language and he doesn't like anyone...Christian or non.

I don't know the answer, bro. I'm still praying for mine...and he's like a rock - can't move him an inch.

I share your feelings on this one; I'm dealing with a very similar personality at home. :P

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It makes me wanna yell " Well whoopty freakin doo..."

:laugh: You got it! :P

Guest LCPGUY
oh. I don't know.

I'd pray for something that you say would touch them in a mighty way, that they's come to believe God for who He is and not who've they percieved him to be.

Keep on trying.

Thanx for your kind reply Hippo.

I will certainly keep on trying...

Luv Yuh,

John

Guest LCPGUY
John,

Your friend sounds just like my husband, unfortunately...he has the same problem with language and he doesn't like anyone...Christian or non.

I don't know the answer, bro. I'm still praying for mine...and he's like a rock - can't move him an inch.

I share your feelings on this one; I'm dealing with a very similar personality at home. :rofl:

Thanx for the reply Cats.

From what you say about your husband, there's one difference here with Mike: He loves everybody (Except self-proclaimed Christians)! He's very kind, generous and forgiving.

He says he doesn't believe in God, but Dawn and the boys tell me differently. He even prays with the boys at bedtime! He doesn't know that I know that though.

He loves the Mormons and has no problems at all with the likes of Lutherans, Catholics, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, etc. It's the Baptists, Pentecostals and the Calvary Chapel types he seems to despise. In other words, the "born again" crowd. He finds them so hypocritical where he views others as "just real people" that don't lie cheat and steal.

He is tough to convince. We'll see how "The Passion" effects him???

Thanx again, and much love,

John

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Wow this is a hard one....sounds like first of all hes got alot of forgiving to do in his heart...carrying all that bitterness is not good for the soul. I will pray that he can forgive all the "christians" who have done him wrong. That would do wonders for him...I mean that was the hardest for me....but I think I may have done it. I forgave all which does not mean I have to hang with those who do or done me wrong...but don't hold grudges against them either.

I think the best thing you can do is witness by your attitude...and few words. Be a good example of what christians are supposed to be like....maybe introduce him to others like you :il: Make him see that all are not like what he has experienced. It may take a while but I think it could work.

I know I have a terrible time witnessing with "words" so I really try to witness by quiet example. Kindness, love, patience, giving, and listening to people when they need to unload...let me say that word again...LISTENING!!! I think that is so important now days.

I will pray for you to on this dilema....

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest idolsmasher

Well, I don't think this is the kind of guy that would like your average church, he's not the churchy type. Can't say that I blame him. I would probably just try to encourage him that he can have a relationship with God without going to church, maybe try and get him to study the word together, pray together, and give him some material to read that will minister to him spiritually. Some people just aren't the churchy type.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I have to agree with angel. Your friend sounds very bitter and unforgiving. Pray for the Holy Spirit to tender his heart. Ask the Lord to help you with the right words when your friends heart had been prepared. Keep on walking in love and let your friend see how much you love Jesus in all you say and do.

Jesus Saves!