• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/23/1991

I only have a few things to say. One: he seems like he's been let down a lot. so you must assure him that God will never let him down and all that happens is for the better. two: you have to tell him that not all christians are like that. and those that are are either just claiming to be christians or christians that have a lot of issues.

I wish I had more to say.

You have my prayers,

BLAZE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY

Update on Mike...

Well something must have worked. Dawn told me Mike is taking instruction to be confirmed and baptized in the Catholic Church. Since she is a Catholic, she doesn't need this.

They are attending Mass regularly now and she says Mike just loves it. He feels so close to God and like at the Mormon church, he loves the nonjudgmental people.

Both boys were baptized a couple of years ago at a Calvary Chapel. They are being re-baptized in the Catholic church in order to become full members.

I asked Dawn what they liked better about the Catholic church than the Calvary Chapel or the Nazarene Church. She because it more quiet and respectful. The music is holy and awesome. They feel like they are in a real place of God's. She said at the Calvary Chapel, everyone was a phony, they couldn't stand the raucous rock style music and felt no sense of a place of worship. While I largely disagree with her reasons, I'm not about to try and push something else on them at this point.

At least they have found the Lord!

Praise God and thanx for all your cool advice.

Bro John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It seems to me that he's generalizing by denomination. That's no different than basing one's opinion by skin color. They simply cannot do that and be accurate. They must take each individual as they are - individual.

Also, they claim they love God but hate the Christian phonies. Then they hate God because you cannot love God and yet hate His creation. I understand what they mean about the phonies - but that is not a good enough reason to ruin their eternity over. Essentially they're saying their eternity depends on how you act. That's a copout!!! Christian is a generic word these days and encompass too many things so I'll just say 'believers' in Christ is really about a one on one relationship with him. We will all be judged individually, just you and the Father on judgment day, so it is with out relationship. It should have NOTHING to do with how other people act. They have to change their thinking.

Guest LCPGUY

Boldly,

thank you for your comments and observations.

But...

You have to remember that these are new babes in Christ. They have barely learned to suckle on milk. They do not yet have any comprehension of the truth of Christ. They judge God by his children and how they act towards them. They still think the crusades were an act of God, of men following God's word to slaughter people. They are ignorant of the facts. They are still ignorant of what the Bible teaches.

Have patience, mercy and love towards them I pray. And may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you with love and gentleness, with kindness and patience. May He bless you richly.

In His Love,

John

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LCPGUY

Another update on Mike and Dawn.

When Dawn see's me now, when I walk in the door, she says "Hi there Brother!" I am now her brother :wow:

When I'm ready to leave, Mike's last farewell is "Go in peace my brother, May the Lord be with you".

Is this not totally awesome? The prayers worked!

Bro John

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1990

Is this not totally awesome? The prayers worked!

Bro John

That is totally awesome!! Never underestimate prayer it is powerful and effective! Just keep praying for them man and keep on being a light to them! God is totally awesome eh? :t2: