• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

In Rev. John writes to the 7 churches and gives some good comendations to some; and then gives some bad condemnation to them as well. To each church he mentions a group of overcomers and what they must overcome in order to recieve the promise mentioned to each church. Their are 7 promises mentioned in all. I thought it was interesting that each group of overcomers had to overcome what God said he hated going on in His Church.

What do you think that means for us today? Or if you have any thoughts on the subject, like to hear them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

In Rev. John writes to the 7 churches and gives some good comendations to some; and then gives some bad condemnation to them as well. To each church he mentions a group of overcomers and what they must overcome in order to recieve the promise mentioned to each church. Their are 7 promises mentioned in all. I thought it was interesting that each group of overcomers had to overcome what God said he hated going on in His Church.

What do you think that means for us today? Or if you have any thoughts on the subject, like to hear them.

The same sin and need to overcome is in the churches today among His christian children

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

It is about enduring and holding to God's Word even when everyone else has turned away from the teachings of God and His Commands.

Revelation 3:8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Revelation 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Rev. 22:7 "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

Rev. 22:9 But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!" 10 Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near.

Verse 14, reads very differently in the NKJV from the NIV:

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Is enduring the overcoming?

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=16452

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

With the help from the Holy Spirit, we should strive to overcome everything that is against God; becoming everything that He wants us to be, overcoming our flesh and the world.

With the help from the Holy Spirit, we should strive to overcome everything that is against God; becoming everything that He wants us to be, overcoming our flesh and the world.

I agree that we are by the Holy Spirit only able to overcome the world, the flesh and the Devil. But here in Rev. hes talking about overcoming what was taking place in the body of belivers within "Christianity"(in Church). Its a warning to us today, is it not?

I agree that we are by the Holy Spirit only able to overcome the world, the flesh and the Devil. But here in Rev. hes talking about overcoming what was taking place in the body of belivers within "Christianity"(in Church). Its a warning to us today, is it not?

It is, but what was happening in the church was not from God; therefore, it was either from the flesh or from the encouragement from Satan. As I see it, anything leading us away from the will of God, no matter where it is found in the Bible, as being influenced by our fleshly desires or the Evil one.

It is, but what was happening in the church was not from God; therefore, it was either from the flesh or from the encouragement from Satan. As I see it, anything leading us away from the will of God, no matter where it is found in the Bible, as being influenced by our fleshly desires or the Evil one.

Sure thats true but I was thinking of the warnings to the Church to beware of false teachers who come to you, to decieve you. Its a lot easier to recognize those outward obvious sins of the flesh and the world, but more difficult to see how subtle Satan is in working through false teachers or teachings, even if they don't see they are decieved by Satan.Its more difficult to overcome the lies of religious good works for justification or santification.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? Is He not warning us to beware of false teachers or teaching in the "Church".

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

ough false leaders to draw us away from loving Christ.

Sure thats true but I was thinking of the warnings to the Church to beware of false teachers who come to you, to decieve you. Its a lot easier to recognize those outward obvious sins of the flesh and the world, but more difficult to see how subtle Satan is in working through false teachers or teachings, even if they don't see they are decieved by Satan.Its more difficult to overcome the lies of religious good works for justification or santification.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? Is He not warning us to beware of false teachers or teaching in the "Church".

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

ough false leaders to draw us away from loving Christ.

Ahhh ... I agree. In these last days, many will fall away due to false teachings, hardening of the heart and love for their worldly life. I have to check myself every time I think about something. It is too easy to "twist" scripture so it will fall in line with what we want to believe. It will be even easier when a "preacher" does it for us. Like you, I see it very important to go back to Gods word and verify what we have just heard.