• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Not to go off track -- but remember the BOOK is SEALED until the time of the END! So if you are studying how scripture was interpreted by scholars in the past without discerning the seasons and the times in which we live today in coorelation with scripture -- you are doing yourself a dis-service to being a modern day BEREAN. Honestly, when discussing prophecy one should never be dogmatic. It's amazing how fast pride will rear it's ugly head whenever talking about issues that are TRULY debateable!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

yzf-ri

...the early Church believed in the pre-Tribulation rapture, for example

Oh dear, would you like to show us where in the bible where this was taught.......not that I am trying to hijack a thread. Or you can start another thread if you choose.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

yeah that should go to the pre-trib rapture (pinned) thread...although I believe the rapture of the church before Daniel's 70th Week is Biblical, I'm talking about early church history, circa 100-200 AD

Which thread do you discuss this point? I'd be interested in reading the evidence you've put together. :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Does God reach out to teach us more or is it all black and white?

not to get too far off topic, but while Spirit motivated discernment of the scriptures is Biblical, "personal revelation", in addition to the scriptures, is a construct of the charismatic movement: anyone can claim anything these days concerning "what God told me"

we need more noble Bereans in 2007, and less people making claims outside what the scripture reveals

Acts 17

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

that was a time when God WAS revealing new truth, and yet these men still carefully searched the scriptures

I'm not charismatic but I don't judge those people because they have in common the fellowship of God. I agree we need more people making claims what is truth. You misunderstood what I meant I think. Let me explain since you seem to have alot of knowledge. The Lord guides people through trials and daily life according to walk in faith.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

HI again yzf-r1. This is one ofyour posts to followerofjesus and I don't know how I came to miss it,

not to get too far off topic, but while Spirit motivated discernment of the scriptures is Biblical, "personal revelation", in addition to the scriptures, is a construct of the charismatic movement: anyone can claim anything these days concerning "what God told me"

we need more noble Bereans in 2007, and less people making claims outside what the scripture reveals

Acts 17

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

that was a time when God WAS revealing new truth, and yet these men still carefully searched the scriptures

Do you mean to say that there was a time when God was not revealing new truth.

When was that? That seems like making claims *outside what the scripture reveals* as you put it.