Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

This theory would lead to the conclusion that antichrist would wage war with Islam. Does this mean you believe the antichrist will rise from the West?

Picture this ; the antichrist is actually within us all. The sinful nature of man.. Anti which refers to everything polar opposite of christ which conquered sin and the law through the sacrifice.Anything that goes against the teaching of christ would qualify and may be what the scripture is pointing to. Revelation is a dream that is referred to with very loose interpretation.

john

'18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.'

'22Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Yes, the Bible makes reference to the "spirit of anti-Christ which is in the world, but the Bible is also clear that there will be literal embodiment of the spirit a person we refer to as THE anti-Christ, or false Messiah who will deceive many in Israel into believing that He is in fact, the true Messiah. The false Messiah is referred to in more places than just in Revelation.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Does this mean you believe the antichrist will rise from the West?

I believe the AC must be someone that is either Jewish or must show lineage to the Jewish people. Honestly, I doubt the rabbis would embrace someone as the Messiah that didn't show a connection to the Jewish people. But this doesnt' necessary mean it's a real connection -- it very well may be a well orchastrated lie.

Of course, this is just my opinion -- and it's just an opinion based on my limited understanding of the Word,

God bless,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

Does this mean you believe the antichrist will rise from the West?

I believe the AC must be someone that is either Jewish or must show lineage to the Jewish people. Honestly, I doubt the rabbis would embrace someone as the Messiah that didn't show a connection to the Jewish people. But this doesnt' necessary mean it's a real connection -- it very well may be a well orchastrated lie.

Of course, this is just my opinion -- and it's just an opinion based on my limited understanding of the Word,

God bless,

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

It appears that we were both guilty of watching the same movies, such as "Omen." In it the child was born of woman and had a 666 on his scalp.

That isn't how it happens. The whole world will follow him, not just the Jewish people. He doesn't need to prove any blood connection to any race or faith. He comes to earth pretending to be Christ.....full grown and full of power.

So much of God's Word warns us that Satan will come in the end of days. He is the anti-christ, which properly translated would be "instead-of-christ." He is an imposter, a deceiver and all those that haven't been taught, including many Christians, will believe it is the true Christ. They will take the "mark of the beast," which is to follow him, believing his lies and deceit. No one will be physically marked but they receive "his mark in their foreheads, or in their hands," which just means they believe him and work to carry on his deceit.

We must know that the fake comes first and wait for Christ. He arrives after the workings of Satan, at the 7th and last trump.

.............Whirlwind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I hope the Russian's practice of "flexing their muscles" is just "reviving traditions" as they claim. Even that seems odd.

They seem to be doing it more and more lately.

I hope the Russian's practice of "flexing their muscles" is just "reviving traditions" as they claim. Even that seems odd.

They seem to be doing it more and more lately.

It does seem that prophecy is coming right along. As someone told me, reading certain scriptures is like looking at today's newspapers!

.........Whirlwind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Picture this ; the antichrist is actually within us all. The sinful nature of man.. Anti which refers to everything polar opposite of christ which conquered sin and the law through the sacrifice.Anything that goes against the teaching of christ would qualify and may be what the scripture is pointing to. Revelation is a dream that is referred to with very loose interpretation.

john

'18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.' . . .

Actually, the word "Anit-Christ" never appears in Revelation.

Revelation talks about a Beast that rises out of the sea. Somewhere, someone along the line decided to give this Beast the title of "Anti-Christ." But there is no indication in John's letter that he was referring to the false messiah at the end of the age.

Actually, the word "Anit-Christ" never appears in Revelation.

Revelation talks about a Beast that rises out of the sea. Somewhere, someone along the line decided to give this Beast the title of "Anti-Christ." But there is no indication in John's letter that he was referring to the false messiah at the end of the age.

I never realized that. Isn't it odd how assumptions can take over?

But....didn't John refer to the anti-christ, just by another name?

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

If this was the deceiver then isn't he also the anti-christ?

...........Whirlwind

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

In Revelation, we see the Dragon (who is Satan), the Beast that rises out of the sea (whom we for whatever reason call "the Anti-Christ"), and the Beast form the earth (the False Prophet).

In this verse, the great deceiver is the Dragon, Satan.

But....didn't John refer to the anti-christ, just by another name?

Like I said, in Revelation, he is just called the Beast.

Here:

Rev. 20:10 - The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.