• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1971

After a few Worthy chatters questions , a few thoughts popped into my mind. So the question is: Is He Lord of your life ?

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of G-d the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

Popular today is the notion that you can have Jesus as your Savior and not as your Lord. Some say, "Well, I'll get Jesus to forgive my sins, and then down the road, I'll make Him Lord." Can I tell you something straight?..THAT'S A VERY BAD PLAN !

First of all, nobody makes Jesus Lord. He is Lord. The important question is whether you will bow the knee to Him. Until you embrace Jesus Christ as the One in charge, nothing in your life will make sense. If you've wondered what life is really about-well, this is it. Youth is fleeting. Wealth is nothing. Gifts and abilities . . . worthless. Real life starts when you realize you're not at the center. Jesus is !

But I've already made the decision to follow Christ-what comes after?

Great question. Following Christ isn't just about your destination; it's also about your daily walk....

Jesus didn't save you just so you could get into heaven. He wants to change you on the way. He has declared you as righteous and He treats you as righteous-now He's in the process of making you righteous.

He does that by requesting rule over every area of your life. Ask yourself this . . .

Is He is Lord of my conduct? Jesus must rule over my actions-the things that I say and feel, over what I think and the decisions that determine my character. Even the small things matter. :laugh:

Is He is Lord of my family? Jesus wants to rule over the way I parent my children and treat my spouse. He wants me to remember who is in charge of my life and let that determine how I conduct myself in a dating relationship. Jesus wants His Word to be my final word.

Is He is Lord of my time? How should I invest my life? How should I use my discretionary hours and weekend and evenings? I don't want to just flip pages on the calendar-I want to live my life on purpose. I put Him in charge of that.

Is He is Lord of my talents? When He saved me, G-d gave me some spiritual gifts. I can help build G-d's kingdom whether that be through musical or teaching abilities, gifts of mercy, or the ability to help others.

Is He is Lord of my money? Jesus said that where your treasure is, there your heart is also. Until He has what is most important to me, He doesn't yet have all of me. He doesn't need my little 35 bucks, but when I surrender it to Him, He gives me joy in return.

Jesus is Lord when you can say, "There's nothing I hold back from Him. There's nothing He can take from me that I am not better off without and all that He gives to me brings the joy and fulfillment that life was meant to contain." When you can say all that, then you are bowing your knee to Him as Lord of your life.

:thumbsup:

Julia

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

After a few Worthy chatters questions , a few thoughts popped into my mind. So the question is: Is He Lord of your life ?

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of G-d the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

Popular today is the notion that you can have Jesus as your Savior and not as your Lord. Some say, "Well, I'll get Jesus to forgive my sins, and then down the road, I'll make Him Lord." Can I tell you something straight?..THAT'S A VERY BAD PLAN !

First of all, nobody makes Jesus Lord. He is Lord. The important question is whether you will bow the knee to Him. Until you embrace Jesus Christ as the One in charge, nothing in your life will make sense. If you've wondered what life is really about-well, this is it. Youth is fleeting. Wealth is nothing. Gifts and abilities . . . worthless. Real life starts when you realize you're not at the center. Jesus is !

Great question. Following Christ isn't just about your destination; it's also about your daily walk....

Jesus didn't save you just so you could get into heaven. He wants to change you on the way. He has declared you as righteous and He treats you as righteous-now He's in the process of making you righteous.

He does that by requesting rule over every area of your life. Ask yourself this . . .

Is He is Lord of my conduct? Jesus must rule over my actions-the things that I say and feel, over what I think and the decisions that determine my character. Even the small things matter. ;)

Is He is Lord of my family? Jesus wants to rule over the way I parent my children and treat my spouse. He wants me to remember who is in charge of my life and let that determine how I conduct myself in a dating relationship. Jesus wants His Word to be my final word.

Is He is Lord of my time? How should I invest my life? How should I use my discretionary hours and weekend and evenings? I don't want to just flip pages on the calendar-I want to live my life on purpose. I put Him in charge of that.

Is He is Lord of my talents? When He saved me, G-d gave me some spiritual gifts. I can help build G-d's kingdom whether that be through musical or teaching abilities, gifts of mercy, or the ability to help others.

Is He is Lord of my money? Jesus said that where your treasure is, there your heart is also. Until He has what is most important to me, He doesn't yet have all of me. He doesn't need my little 35 bucks, but when I surrender it to Him, He gives me joy in return.

Jesus is Lord when you can say, "There's nothing I hold back from Him. There's nothing He can take from me that I am not better off without and all that He gives to me brings the joy and fulfillment that life was meant to contain." When you can say all that, then you are bowing your knee to Him as Lord of your life.

:wub:

Julia

This is probably something we need to work on daily. Just when we think we have arrived......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Hi Julia!!!

I think believers that say that are the ones that use Jesus as fire insurance to continue in sin. I think addressing the fact Jsus came to save sinners from their sins so they no longer live in them needs to be said.

I would say..Jesus is in the process of helping us live righteously. The problem of the extreme opposite of those that use Jesus as a fire insurance will be those that turn Jesus into a mountain to climb. The thing you pointed out was the daily walk. How does one do that with the fact that Jesus' standards are higher than the works of the Law? How does one NOT look at christianity as another religion? Thus the daily walk is a relationship with Christ and to initiate that relationship is what all relationship are based on... trust. He invites the children so what can they do but trust the Lord? Look at the stipulation that He gave adults about children that He wanted us to take heed on.

Mark 10: 13And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Unless we trust Him as a child can only do, we shall not enter therein. Since no flesh shall glory in His Presence, no one can boast about doing anything for the Lord since it is He that is in us, helping us live as His as well as serve Him.

Is He is Lord of my conduct? Jesus must rule over my actions-the things that I say and feel, over what I think and the decisions that determine my character. Even the small things matter.

As you go down the list of certain areas of our lives, I can't help but add to your query to others this question: Do you all trust Him to do it? Do you all trust Him to be Your Good Shepherd as He promised? Do you believe that His Covenant to us includes more than just saving you from Hell and bringing you to Heaven... that He means to have a relationship with you in helping us live as His?

Jesus is Lord to me by trusting Him to be My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour.

Good exhortations, but I would add to those that read... trust Him to help you do it. His glory as well as His promise. More praises to give thanksgivings to Jesus for.

Edited by poorinspirit

Hi EricH!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Hi EricH!!!

]This is probably something we need to work on daily. Just when we think we have arrived......

But in one sense, we have arrived by simply trusting the Lord!!!

Mark 10: 13And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Hebrews 4: 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Ephesians 2: 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 John 3: 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1: 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I understand the high calling, but I trust Jesus as My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour to help me live as His, thus I am resting in Him.

Philippians 3: 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Anyway, it is in another sense we are not there yet, but only in the sense that He has not brought us Home yet, but we have arrived to our resting place in Christ for we are His. For me to work means trusting Him to help me live as His.... and that is not work of any religious nature...but a relationship in progress and made possible with God through Jesus Christ.

You are correct, from a justification perspective we have arrived. But from a sanctification perspective, we have a way to go

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

As they say in those AA meetings, "Working on it." And it's God who's working in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Hi EricH!!!

]This is probably something we need to work on daily. Just when we think we have arrived......

But in one sense, we have arrived by simply trusting the Lord!!!

Mark 10: 13And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Hebrews 4: 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Ephesians 2: 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 John 3: 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1: 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I understand the high calling, but I trust Jesus as My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour to help me live as His, thus I am resting in Him.

Philippians 3: 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Anyway, it is in another sense we are not there yet, but only in the sense that He has not brought us Home yet, but we have arrived to our resting place in Christ for we are His. For me to work means trusting Him to help me live as His.... and that is not work of any religious nature...but a relationship in progress and made possible with God through Jesus Christ.

You are correct, from a justification perspective we have arrived. But from a sanctification perspective, we have a way to go

1 Corinthians 1: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I don't see it that way. Are you talking about when we are being persecuted?

1 Peter 3: 14But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

I don't really see that as a journey but kind of like bracing yourselves with the fact that the Lord God is in your heart..as in applying faith and resting in Him as we are being persecuted.

Maybe you can share as to why sanctification for you is a journey still. Any scriptures that explains what you mean?