IGNORED

Gossip more powerful than truth?

Guest Biblicist
Who cannot look at some of His creatures and their communications and but laugh?

HEY! Where'd you get that picture of me?

Well said Hopper. :emot-hug:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

D.L. Moody once said, "Gossip will go half way around the world, before the truth even puts its boots on!" :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Even God was not continually austere and without humour. Who cannot look at some of His creatures and their communications and but laugh? And is it always wrong to say so outside their presence?

:24::24::24:

Oh How I Love Jesus!

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Revelation 4:11

and what about vain babbling? ( for hopper to research)

James I believe, dicusses the tongue in which we are told it is hard to 'train' or it be bocomes 'unruly' and needs to be 'bridled' (okay okay Lord I will look it up!)

James chapter 3 verse 8

But the tongue can no man tame; it is a unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

James dicusses it in terms of a ship with a tiny runner that can turn the whol ship and likens it to that. For if the tongue defileth the body is as well defiled.

I am the type of person who will tell you what you are wearing is wrong no matter how much you appear to love what you are wearing if I am asked or i do keep my mouth shut. I have many times also got myself into trouble as well by being brutally honest...(Jesus has shown me how to add a little sweetness to honesty) I blame it on the fact that I do not think before I speak, some times I am misunderstood because I do not make things plain. However the injury was caused I am still responsible and have to deal accorddingly with my actions no matter what.

But some do not have those convictions or wisdom to know when to be quiet either.

That goes for secrets, as well. If a person can't trust you with secrets Jesus will not either.

I am also the type of person that will nip things in the bud so to speak and always have been I will confront someone who suppossidly( hey is that a word lol?) had been talking about me along with the person who spoke it to me. Boy I can tell you stories.

The best thing for the fire the tongue produces is HOLY SPIRIT massive shower.

Our father does have a great sense of humor and I am sure we make Him laugh as well as frustrate Him.

And oh...how the father loves to laugh, but I also believe in my heart that for every word unkind spoken with the reality of that cruelity it is as Jesus bears another mark on His body.

Mean sarcasm is just plain anger.

We do not even need the tongue to kill off someone, it can kill us.

For out of the heart, the mouth speaks and if we listen to ourselves more often in conversation we may see certain things that may need to change in ourselves.

Our own tongue can reveal where we are at. It is used for blessing and easily can curse someone, especially ourselves.

Hopper thanks for your info... patricia1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:mgfrog: Edited by hopper

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:emot-highfive: and thanks to all our Worthy contributors. This has been an interesting conversation. Would that we could see one another's hearts, or at least continue intent to carefully listen and ponder regarding the spiritual wellfare of others, and talk things out person to person before being overly critical or causing undue harm. :emot-highfive:

amen and amen!!

Guest Biblicist

I am in agreement with you too Hopper.

Hey, you're not calling it quits are ya? I wasn't done gossiping talking about gossiping. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

D.L. Moody once said, "Gossip will go half way around the world, before the truth even puts its boots on!" ;)

I came back to see if anyone had come up with a Scripture I recognized as "the one"..

I believe it was the one in Eph.

George that post caught my attention..

How sad if you really think about it...

I am afraid it may be true... :24:

It is also good to see the faults so you can work on changing them in your life...

"be careful little mouth what you say.." :24:

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

How do you fight this. I deal with this all the time. In fact I lost my last job because of this very issue. Little people wanted to get rid of certain department managers so they started the gossip, making sure the board of directors heard. Almost every board meeting I was "hit" with how bad certain managers were. I would then launch an investigation and find that it was completely false, report the findings to the Board and get some comment like well where there is smoke there is fire. I refused to allow these people to be destroyed through the gossip. Eventually when they couldn't get to them because I was in the way, yep you guessed it, the gossip turned to me. I had a Board that loved the gossip and lived in that world. The truth didn't matter. As it turns out I am now in a much better situation for me and my family, but the point I am making is no matter how much truth was shed it didn't matter. They wanted to believe the rumors.

Frustrating.

God Bless,

K.D.