IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

Guest shiloh357
I know a woman who is a Seventh Day Advisist. She tells everyone that Saturday is the Sabboth and if they don't observe it they are in sin. I just laugh at such nonsence. Church is not necessary for salvation. God looks at the heart. Those who judge are wrong. Please don't fall for such lies.

That is just it... Seventh Day Adventism as a public face and a private face as any ex-Adventist will tell you. That is why it is pointless for anyone to post their statement of faith as if it is the last word on what they believe.

Even the Mormons, on the surface appear very orthodox Christian at first. It is not until you get deeper into their beliefs that you discover what they really believe. Many members of the Mormon Church who have not been introduced the more sinister beliefs of that group will defend Mormonism against those of us who know what they really believe.

It is only when you get deepier in the SDA movement do you discover that they see salvation as existing only in the Adventist churches and anyone who chooses to leave their fold will be intidmated into believing that they will lose their salvation.

SDA is very works-based and the heresy that it is a sin not to keep the Sabbath, and that only those who truly love Jesus will keep the Sabbath (as has been clearly stated on this thread) is just one of the lies that this dangerous cult puts forth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

by Smalcald

The churches have spoon fed people for so long, they refuse to see that maybe these verses are saying something entirely different than what the churches are saying,I have to disagree with what most people think these verses means.

Well you know what I like the Churches; Christ established them for a reason. I think the Churches are speaking the truth about this doctrine for the past 1900 years. I for one am tired of

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Vickilynn,

Thanks for the response. These are very complex areas as attested to by the varied opinions held by many. I will attempt to explain what I mean point by point, which will require several posts.

My first point:

Sin is transgression against God or His will. This is made plain in the Garden. God had told Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of Knowledge of good and evil, and they went against His will and that was sin and the wages of that sin were death just as God had said. Now it wasn't a transgression against the Ten Commandments, but it was against God and His will. Today most would probably argue that it wasn't sin, for it wasn't murder or rape etc. It wasn't even against the Ten Commandments. It was only a piece of fruit. Human wisdom can't fathom this, but it was direct disobedience to the will of God, an insult to His person, a lack of faith that works by love.

There are two aspects to God's will, positive and negative. The positive aspect is that He loves righteousness which is the loving doing of His will in obedience and good works. The Negative aspect is that he hates unrighteousness or sin which is the willful disregard of His will. Thus God must not only indentify righteousness to His Children, but must also indentify unrighteousness or sin. Thus there are two types of sin, the willfull transgressing His will in doing that which he hates, and the willfull failure to do His will in righteousness, the doing of what He says is good. Both are transgression of His will and are sin.

Scripture support:

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. (here Paul tells that the Ten Commandments were to show us what Sin was, so we know what to repent for in coming to Jesus. He quotes one, but it applies to all Ten. Thus by reading all Ten, the sinner could repent and turn to God in all righteousness)

1john 3:3 And every man that has this hope in him (Christ in you the hope of Glory) purifies himself, even as he is pure.

1jo 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. (here John amplifies what Paul said above)

Now Paul goes on to say elaborate on the purpose of the law:

Rom 3:9 What then? are we (the Jews) better than they (the Gentiles)? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

3:11 There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God.

Ro 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one (this appplies to all who are not 'born again' who do not have God's law written in the heart)................

3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law says, it says to those who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. (here we see that Paul is talking about the Ten Commandments, for as He said they identify sin not just for the Jews but for all the world. The ceremonial laws never applied to the Gentiles or the whole world)

3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (for all the world which is to stop every mouth and convict them of their guilt in transgressing the will or law of God in the negative aspect)

Here we have the function of the Ten Commandments, which Pauls calls Holy, just and good. They are to point out the major sins of the carnal man, and show him that he is under condemnation of death because of transgression, all ten of them. As the unconverted man would read each one, he would be able to see that He was a sinner, carnal, not subject or in subjection to the law of God. Most of the reformers always refered to Sabbath breaking as a sin for they wer not anti-nomianists, but mistakenly thought that Sunday was the Sabbath. So according to God and the above Scriptures, each commandment points out sin. To violate any one of them is to commit sin, not according to me, but according to God and revealed to us through Paul and John. Any violation makes one a transgressor, and guilty, not according to me, but according to God. As James points out, to violate one, makes one guilty of all.

Now as to the Positive will of God:

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

The 'new born' believer has been born a 'New Creation' created or recreated to good works which Paul speaks of in Corinthians and Ephesians. These good works are the ceasing from sin, and the doing of righteousness. He is now under the law of life in Christ. Christ lives in Him and lives His life in Him, which is the law of life. He lives the life of the Romans 8 man in whom the righteousness of the law is fulfilled by faith that works by love.

You see the real issue behind the Sabbath Command is faith. Do we believe God when He says that violation of His Holy Day is sin, or do we believe man who says it is not. Because transgression is sin, then the keeping of the day is part of righteousness, that is why it is written in the positive sense, rather than the negative sense, a 'thou shalt' rather than a 'thou shalt not'. The Ten Commandments are not the sum total of all righteousness, but the identification of unrighteousness.

As God reveals to us in Hebrews:

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant (New Covenant) that I will make with the house of Israel (It is important to understand that the New Covenant is with Israel, for it better helps us to understand why the Sabbath was not done away with. It wasn't with the Gentiles, yet the Gentiles are added to the remnant of Israel who received the Messiah.)after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind (it was not the ceremonial laws that he would write in our minds, but his Moral laws, His will both in the hatred of sin and the love of righteousness), and write them in their hearts (in the old Covenant He wrote them in stone, in the new Covenant, He writes then in our hearts, which were stone, but have been changed into a new heart) : and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

8:13 In that he says, A new covenant, he has made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

The only way out of the Old Covenant, needing commands in order to obey, is to enter into the 'New Covenant', allow God to write His laws in our heart, giving us a love for Hm and His will, including His Moral Law. You see if I need commands to obey then I show that the Law of God has not been written in by heart, including all Ten.

There is much more I could share, but this is sufficient to start with.

God bless you Sister,

Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

the passage says:

"For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

Paul is saying to not celebrate the tradional passover that the Jews celebrated for centuries.

The passover exists now in Jesus Christ by what He did for us.

It actually says to let go of that "holy day."

Shalom Ex,

The passage does not say to "let go of that holy day" In fact, it says just the opposite!

Read it again: Verse 8: Therefore let us keep the feast not with the old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Paul tells us WHY and HOW to celebrate the holy day, as unto the L-rd.

#1. Therefore let us keep the feast (this is as plain as you can get to KEEP celebrating the feast)

#2. Not with the old leaven (not under the law, not with animal sacrifice, not with a lamb)

#3. neither with leaven of malice and wickedness (not in the in the unregenerated fleshly works for works sake and not where our sins have not been forgiven)

#4. but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth (the leaven represents sin. Yeshua had no sin. We should celebrate the feast day IN YESHUA and honor His place as the Sacrifical Lamb that was slain in fulfillment of the requirement for Passover. IN Him we are to "keep the feast" and in Him, we are to keep it forever.

the passage says:

"For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

Paul is saying to not celebrate the tradional passover that the Jews celebrated for centuries.

The passover exists now in Jesus Christ by what He did for us.

It actually says to let go of that "holy day."

Shalom Ex,

The passage does not say to "let go of that holy day" In fact, it says just the opposite!

Read it again: Verse 8: Therefore let us keep the feast not with the old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Paul tells us WHY and HOW to celebrate the holy day, as unto the L-rd.

#1. Therefore let us keep the feast (this is as plain as you can get to KEEP celebrating the feast)

#2. Not with the old leaven (not under the law, not with animal sacrifice, not with a lamb)

#3. neither with leaven of malice and wickedness (not in the in the unregenerated fleshly works for works sake and not where our sins have not been forgiven)

#4. but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth (the leaven represents sin. Yeshua had no sin. We should celebrate the feast day IN YESHUA and honor His place as the Sacrifical Lamb that was slain in fulfillment of the requirement for Passover. IN Him we are to "keep the feast" and in Him, we are to keep it forever.

Passover pointed to Christ. Since Christ came there no need to remember something that has arrived.

That is like us "taking bread in rememberance" of Christ then Christ COMEs FOR THE SECOND TIME and we continue

to have the rememberance ritual. that doesnt make sense.

as for your comment of "IN Him we are to "keep the feast" and in Him, we are to keep it forever."

we did that in salvation (this is how we are "in Him") and our walk. this does not fall on one particualr day that your trying to narrow it down to.

Passover oringinally was looking back at what Moses did in Israel on a certain day.

Well, Christ came and this is a new beginning. We are now "in Him" this was not possible in OT age.

Paul did say in verse 7 "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened."

You keep saying that Christ is the unleaven but Paul is talking about "purging out" whats within us.

He comfirms it with "ye may be a new lump."

That YOU may be a new lump.

That holy day is gone and fulfilled.

:)

Passover pointed to Christ. Since Christ came there no need to remember something that has arrived.

Shalom EX,

The Scriptures says differently. They say to KEEP the feast, but now in Yeshua.

There is no "need" to remember the sacrifice of Jesus? :) Really?

That's not what the Scriptures say.

What do you think the L-rd's Table is all about?

That is like us "taking bread in rememberance" of Christ then Christ COMEs FOR THE SECOND TIME and we continue to have the rememberance ritual. that doesnt make sense.

You just proved my point. We are to take the L-rd's Supper to REMEMBER what Yeshua did. So, yes not only is there a need, but it is Scriptural.

But since this topic is SABBATH, I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to debate Passover with you since the topic is SABBATH.

Shalom EX,

The Scriptures says differently. They say to KEEP the feast, but now in Yeshua.

There is no "need" to remember the sacrifice of Jesus? :thumbsup: Really?

That's not what the Scriptures say.

What do you think the L-rd's Table is all about?

That is like us "taking bread in rememberance" of Christ then Christ COMEs FOR THE SECOND TIME and we continue to have the rememberance ritual. that doesnt make sense.

You just proved my point. We are to take the L-rd's Supper to REMEMBER what Yeshua did. So, yes not only is there a need, but it is Scriptural.

But since this topic is SABBATH, I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to debate Passover with you since the topic is SABBATH.

you keep the feast within you.

I'll leave it at that and pray the Holy Spirit reveals it to you.

God bless. :)

you keep the feast within you.

I'll leave it at that and pray the Holy Spirit reveals it to you.

God bless. :thumbsup:

Shalom Ex,

And that sure is a condescending comment.

Actually, the Holy Spirit has ALREADY revealed HIS truth to me that we should keep the feast in Yeshua and the Scriptural support as I posted.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Honestly folks, before accusing a brother or sister of offense...its always a prudent move to observe your actions in the process....make sure you aren't guilty of what your crying foul over.....

Closed....give this topic a break... :emot-hug: