IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm no newbie to discussion forums.

I was just making observations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

You are a Newbie here and you just need time to get to know "us folks" before you criticize us.

By the way:

Proverbs 27

17Iron sharpens iron,

and one man sharpens another.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

...the Sabbath was a Sinai Covenant command ONLY, it did NOT exist as a Command BEFORE or AFTER the Old Covenant Period.

Before Sinai.

When God created man on the sixth day, he would have then been a witness to God's declaration of the seventh day rest.

The very fact that Cain and Abel made offerings to Yahweh, is clear proof that they were aware of God's laws and commands....which would have doubtless included the seventh day rest.

Abraham also lived by faith, but he too kept the law.

Genesis 26:5 because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my COMMANDMENTS, my STATUTES, and my LAWS."

Exodus 16:4 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19

I wasn't criticizing.

Yes, I am new here but not to online discussions in general.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Shalom,

You are a Newbie here and you just need time to get to know "us folks" before you criticize us.

By the way:

Proverbs 27

17Iron sharpens iron,

and one man sharpens another.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6

WHAT WOULD JESUS D0!

Even the apostles continued to follow Jesus's example.

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Acts 13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Acts 16:13 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123

Those who say that the Law of Moses was done away with are saying that the Old testament was done away with which is in complete contradiction with what Paul told Timothy, and also in complete contradiction with the words of Jesus. Paul was no Hypocrite. He knew that the only way to get out from under the condemnation of the law, was to have it written in the heart so that one would be subject to it, or to have the Holy Spirit give us a love for the law of God, not just in the 'thou shalt nots', but in the pro-active doing of righteousness and holiness, living the Christ like life here and now on planet earth.

Well, for one, I don't know what it is in Timothy that you're reading as a command to keep the Old Covenant, but Paul is very explicit in his letters that the LAW OF STONE is obsolete and replaced by the Law of GRACE. to list ALL the verses would take ..... A BIBLE, so if what I post here isn't enough, then perhaps you might want to read Pauls letters again.

Hebrews 8

Jesus, High Priest of a Better Covenant

Hebrews 8:6 - 7 (ESV) 6But as it is, Christ

Edited by Celtic Warrior

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Well Warrior, I would suggest that you read Timothy 3:14-17. I quoted it for you. To sum it up, it says all Scripture, that is Old Testament Scripture, for there was no New Testament at this time, is to be used for rebuke, reproof, correction and instruction in Righteousness, not just a few verses in Paul, taken out of context which seem to say what you wish they said.

The context of Paul is that no one can be justified by the law, because it condemns, not gives life. It does not say that the person who is justified doesn't keep God's law. I suggest you read all of what Paul says about the law, before you go to war with God and His law.

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2:14 For when the Gentiles (converts) ave not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, .......

Above Paul talks about no difference between Jew or Gentile, and then tells about the Gentile converts who have the New Covenant experience spoken of in Hebrews, the laws of God written in the heart. Here is the Verse:

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

It seem that Paul understood the New Covenant and that the change was where the laws were written. When one has God's laws written in the heart, he doesn't need them written in stone.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Here Paul says that both Gentile converts and Jewish converts establish the law by faith. The Greek word translated establish means to make stand, to uphold or sustain the authority of something.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin (break God's law), because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Ro 6:16 don't youKnow , that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin (breaking of God's law) unto death, or of obedience (to God and His law) to righteousness

Here Paul says that the Law is holy, just and good, and we are to be holy as God is Holy. He also says that it is Spiritual, thus it is for Spiritual people, those in Romans 8 who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual:

I could go on and on, but this should make the point. I realize that you have only been taught that the law was done away with. Maybe you should broaden your study and not depend on man so much to tell you what Paul means. Paul is very good at saying what He means. Jesus is even better at saying what He means, and He said nothing would pass from the law until heaven and earth pass away. That is pretty clear my friend.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Matthew5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them

This is key; Christ fulfills the law, which we cannot fulfill.

The danger in rules based theology is that we may actually come to believe that we can fulfill the law, we can't we are dead in trespasses and sins saved only by Grace.

So what are we to do, give up pleasing God? No, certainly not, the Law still guides us and shows us our continual sin, as Christ Himself has said. But what is the Law, how do we serve God and show our love of Christ?

If people want as a memorial to celebrate Saturday as the day of rest by God this is wonderful really we should not argue about that. But if people feel that they are fulfilling the Law of the Ten Commandments given by Moses by doing that, they should be corrected because they are not, and it can be spiritually dangerous to fall into this trap.

Paul shows us what the sins of the flesh are, and what those things are which if we live in them and practice them will lead us to hell, He also shows us very directly what the fruits of the Spirit are and how there is no law against those things. Once again we must review the Gospel as shown in Romans and in Galatians, particularly Galatians. If we were to really follow the Law that God gave the Jewish people and the nation of Israel than we have much work to do. But I don't think picking and choosing parts of the Law given to Israel (don't eat shrimp, keep a strict Sabbath) but then blow of other parts of the Law such as circumcision, is simply not consistent.

Christ shows us the way, Paul describes how to do this, and we see one theme, God is interested in our hearts what our true intentions are, not outward religious ritual and observance.

Guest HIS girl

If we want to really get nit picky, the Sabbath was Saturday I think and the day of rest appointed by God, so that has been changed through the years to Sunday therefore making it the new "Church/Worship" day.

It is SINFUL that these people say you are unChristian to not Worship on Sunday. That is legalistic, untrue and so out of touch with Fellowshipping with Christ. I am sorry this happened to you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

Those here who are opposed to the Law (and Sabbath) seem to believe that those of us who obey God's law, do so out of some kind of belief that we are justified unto salvation by religiously following God's commandments.

However, obeying the law of God is not something that is opposed to walking in the Spirit.

This is the nature of the New Covenant.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

The works of the flesh are disobedience to the law of God but to walk in the Spirit is to be living in obedience to the law of God. When we are tempted to sin, we can call on God to guide us by His Spirit.

1 John 3:4 says, "sin is the transgression of the law"

Satan's main aim is to get us to sin or transgress the law so he can accuse us before God.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

PR