IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I have been looking for quite a while for the right church but have yet to find anything close to what I'm looking for. I live in bible belt of the south where the majority of our churches are Souther Baptist or Independent Baptist made up of older folks and when I say older folks I'm talking 40 yr. old and up and I just don't fit in with that crowd. I need something a lot more pop to it as far as praise and worship goes. The times I've gone to the older crowd churches I find my self nodding off before they even get done with the opening hymn.

I have faith that in time the Lord will lead me to the church that is right for me until then I will continue to praise him non stop from my home.

Amen brother! Might I suggest that you check out the Christian International web sight for afiliated churches in your area. My church is not part of their network but we do minister with them and I think you will find a cutting edge, present truth church full of younger people through them.

God bless, Greg.

I know this quote was a long time ago but I think that old people and young people should be mingled in together in the churches. old people for their wisdome and young people to bring in more spunk :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

(I do believe that SDA's are not a cult and are Christian, once again a different topic though).

Shalom,

I agree with you and disagree with Shiloh. I do NOT believe that SDAs are a cult.

Our works are done out of loving gratitude and it should never be assumed that God is pleased with us because we did this or that.

I disagree. G-d is always pleased by our surrender to His will and our obedience to His instructions.

John 15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

The question for us then becomes how do we show loving gratitude for this salvation?

That is a topic for another thread. This one should be about the Sabbath. It sounds like a good topic though, I will look for you to start it.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

(I do believe that SDA's are not a cult and are Christian, once again a different topic though).

Shalom,

I agree with you and disagree with Shiloh. I do NOT believer that SDAs are a cult.

Our works are done out of loving gratitude and it should never be assumed that God is pleased with us because we did this or that.

I disagree. G-d is always pleased by our surrender to His will and our obedience to His instructions.

John 15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

The question for us then becomes how do we show loving gratitude for this salvation?

That is a topic for another thread. This one should be about the Sabbath. It sounds like a good topic though, I will look for you to start it.

Hi Vickilynn

The reason that it may have something to do with this thread though is that how we show loving gratitude is our love of the Word of God, our love of Christ's commands for us. As you have shown in John 15, which is very relevant to Sabbath observance or not.

I do see much better now where you are comming from on this issue.

Guest shiloh357
QUOTE(Smalcald @ Nov 12 2007, 08:27 PM)

Shalom,

I agree with you and disagree with Shiloh. I do NOT believer that SDAs are a cult.

Seventh Day Adventist doctrine is based on the teaching of Ellen White. She taught that the atonement was not finished on the cross, that Satan bears our sins, the seal of God is the Sabbath and not the Holy Spirit, we can be sinless, the sins of a Christian are not forgiven, that Jesus is not God, Jesus is Michael, the arch angel, Jesus did not ascend to right hand of the Father, and that the plan of Salvation was not devised until AFTER the fall of man.

All of those points contradict major biblical Christian doctrnie. Anyone falling under the teachings of Ellen White who is the matriarch of the SDA is not not following the biblical Christian faith.

Wordsower a member of our board, and former Sevent Day Adventist, has, and can attest to the cultic nature of SDA. Sevent Day Adventism is not "Christian."

God being pleased with us is not on the basis of our works. God is only pleased with absolute perfection. God has only one standard of "good." You are not capable of achieving that standard and, therefore, cannot please God on the basis of your works. To think otherwise is nothing more than foolish human arrogance. It is Jesus in you who pleasing God on your behalf. It is His righteous credited to your account. Your works are useless in and of themselves.

Shalom Smalcald,

This article may help you with your question:

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articles/...am_hatorah.html

Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.'

For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. - Jesus

Introduction

In the Hebrew Scriptures, the law of the Lord (torat Adonai) refers to the revelation of God

Seventh Day Adventist doctrine is based on the teaching of Ellen White.

Shalom Shiloh,

You are incorrect. Not all SDA's acknowledge the teachings of Ellen White, in fact, many have rejected her.

What I know of SDA's they are not a cult and are in fact, Believers in Messiah.. However, that is not the topic of this thread and should be explored elsewhere, more appropriate.

God being pleased with us is not on the basis of our works.

I disagree. As i said before G-d is pleased when we surrender to Him and walk in His ways. It is a HEART thing, not a works things.

And Jesus calls us to walk out our faith:

John 14:

15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:

23Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

James 2

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/07/1970

by shiloh357

Col 3:20. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

1 Thes 2:4. But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

1 John 3:22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Loveforthelord,

Thanks for you posts. I appreciate your sincerity and your love for the Lord. God bless you in your search for truth. I have found that most churches are not really conducive to pleasing the Lord, no matter what day they meet to worship. There are 7th day churches out there, but I have found them to be rather lukewarm and not really searching the Scriptures as for hid treasure so that they can obey Him and please him. In each church that I have attended, I have found truth, and I have found misunderstandings and error.

Where ever I have been, I have always been able to find a small group to Sabbath keepers to fellowship with. God will lead you in this.

God bless you, and don't be discouraged by some of the posts that will seem to impugne your sincerity to please the Lord.

Dennis

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Vickilynn,

I would enjoy discussing the issue further. I don't expect us to agree on all points, but that is OK. You share from your perspective as the Lord has led you and I will do likewise, no accusations, no condemnation. I like to get the opinions of others in their search for truth.

As for Shiloh's accusation that I am an SDA, it is not true. I have told him this many times, but he still returns to his old accusations and diatribe. It is true I do agree with many of the things that they teach, for I have found them to be both Biblically accurate as well as historically accurate. I do attend church there on Sabbaths occasionally as I would any 7th day church who teaches Jesus as Lord and Savior. I also attend some Sunday churches, for I have many friends who attend. They know that I am a Sabbath keeper, but I love them as brothers and sisters in Christ, and they do me. Yet I don't do it thinking that it has any relation to the Sabbath or that the Apostles taught it. I do it to fellowship with my friends and meet others.

As I told him some time ago, at least the SDA's can read and understand that when God makes something holy, it is holy, then, now and forever. God has said honoring it pleases Him, so I am going to please Him for I love Him. He also said that He created it for me. I am one of the mankind that Jesus said He made it for as a blessing. If He made me a gift of the Sabbath to bless me, then I am not going to refuse that gift and the attendent blessing. God says it is sin to refuse the His gift, and what is sin is sin, then, now and forever. Even most children can understand that.

Now back on track, I appreciate what ever wisdom you may have on the issue and will lovingly and honestly share my take on the same. Sometimes it is difficult to follow, because of the large nember of post that come in between each response.

Now as to a point that has been brought out, God's people can please him as LovefortheLord brought out. God understands our frailty and accepts our obedience whenever it is done out of Love, for as Paul says, it is not just faith, but faith that works by love.

Ga 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which works by love.

This is the Faith that pleases God. There is a faith that does not please God, and that is faith without the works of love. This is why it is disconcerting when people say that they need a 'New Testament' command in order to keep it. Those who love God with all they are and have, don't need to be commanded to please God, love seeks for any way to please the object of its affection. When they see that Sripture says something pleases God, which is what the Scripture is to show us, they do it with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. You see the 'New Covent' experience is not that of the School master who says you should and shouldn't do certain things or you will die, but says 'I can do all things through Jesus who loves me and dwells in me giving me his Strength, love for God, to do them'. Yet disobedience is still sin, and the wages are still death.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. (was Enoch perfect, I doubt it)

11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him (the faith that works by love): for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (with all the heart, which would be love).

This is the beauty of Living Faith, Jesus adds His perfect righteous to those who have loving faith and thus God is pleased with them as though they were perfectly righteous as was Jesus. This is progressive imputed righteousness that is constantly added to those who are growing in the Lord and being Sanctified.

PS: I was aware of your mention of repentance, but understanding that many do not understand this, I sought to emphasize it a bit more, for there are many who teach just an intellectual faith, void of true repentance for sin thus thinking that they can be saved while living in direct, presumptuous disobedience to God and his Word and especially His commandments. This is what anti-nomianism leads many to.

God bless you,

Dennis

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Is not keeing the Sabbath a sin?

If it is, why is it never listed as a sin?

Mk. 7:21-22 - 13 sins are listed for us (Sabbath omitted)

Rom. 1:29-32 - 20 sins are mentioned (Sabbath omitted)

Gal, 5:19-21 - 15 sins are given (Sabbath omitted)

2 Tim. 3:1-4 - 18 sins are mentioned (Sabbath omitted)

Nowhere in the New Testament is non Sabbath observance EVER mentioned as a sin.

The other nine of the Ten Commandments are listed several times in the New Testament.

Worshiping only the Lord God is mentioned at least 50 times

Worshipping idols is commanded against at least 12 times

Profane speech/taking the Lord's Name in a vain oath is commanded against 4 times

Honoring your faither and mother is meintioned no less than 6 times

Do not commit murder is commanded 6 times

The sin of adultery is commanded against 12 times

The commandment against theft is mentioned 4 times

Not bearing false witness is mentioned4 times

Not coveting what someone else has is mentioned 9 times

Yet, no warning exists in the New Testament against not keeping the Sabbath.

Jesus did not leave any commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath in any of His teachings during His earthly ministry.

Sabbath observance is purely matter of personal conscience and if someone feels that they are led of the Lord to do that, then fine. However, to claim as Pilgrim7 has stated plainly that nonSabbath observance means you don't love the Lord and that only true followers of Jesus keep the Sabbath, then we have entered into the realm of a cultic claptrap. To teach that one is sinning by only observing Sunday and not the Sabbath is a false teaching and is bordering on heresy.

It's because, as I've repeatedly said, that Sabbath is NOT commanded of Christians OR BEFORE the Sinai Covenant (and 3 months does NOT apply, it was still the Exodus and the Sinai Covenant. IF you disagree then ask a Jew who does understand that truth)

Sabbath is a Sinai (Law of Moses, Ten Commandments) Covenant issue. It was not commanded to Noah, Enoch, Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, any of the 12 sons of Israel, and can only be 'proven' by inference (ASSUMPTION) not Scripture. The Creation statement does NOT prove it either, especially since (unlike the other 6 days) no end was ever proclaimed for the 7th day. We could well be still in the 7th day of Creation. And further God did not cease work, He ceased work in CREATING only. It's plainly there