IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Yeah I can see that. Also what I get out of the passage you posted from Romans was that this was not worth Christians fighting over! I think that we are free to worship on Saturday and observe the Sabbath in that way, just as we are free to join in a Seder, which I have done and I found it very meaningful. In addition I know some people on the board do keep the other Jewish feast days which once again I think is a wonderful practice.

But for me I don't feel compelled by scripture to do those things in the same way that I feel compelled by scripture and my heart, to not steal or to divorce my wife etc, do you see my difference on this issue?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

But for me I don't feel compelled by scripture to do those things in the same way that I feel compelled by scripture and my heart, to not steal or to divorce my wife etc, do you see my difference on this issue?

Shalom Smalcald,

I understand if YOU don't "feel compelled" to observe the Sabbath. That is between you and G-d. You'll never hear me say that it is wrong for a Christian who does not feel led in this area NOT to observe the Sabbath.

However, this last post is much different than your previous posts when you insisted that people were doing it "wrong" if they did certain practices as under the L-rd.

I also do not see the conflict in knowing G-d says not to steal, not to commit adultery etc. and the Sabbath. If you don't see that in the Scriptures, then you don't. It is not a sin not to observe, nor is it lawkeeping to observe.

Are we on the same page?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/07/1970

But I just can't get around Colossians on this matter. Outward observances of New Moon's and Sabbath's is directly discussed; it is lumped into all of the other outward observances such as circumcision and diet.

The churches have spoon fed people for so long, they refuse to see that maybe these verses are saying something entirely different than what the churches are saying,I have to disagree with what most people think these verses means.

Col 2:14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

(Jesus took all the rules and rituals out of the law)

2:15. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

(He showed that his blood is all that is needed to concure death,He is more powerful)

2:16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

( we should not let people tell us we have to perform these old rites concerning these days,because Jesus fulfilled the ritual cleansing laws,it's not saying that we aren't supposed to keep the days.)

Col 2:17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

(Jesus was the shadow of these rituals cleansings laws,on all these days,not the days theirselves,people shouldn't be judged by the Pharisees for not practising them)

2:20. Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

(the laws of not touching ,tasteing,and handeling was what the people were free from not the days)

2:21. (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

1 Cor 5:7 tells us we should keep these days: . Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

46-5:8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.(Not the way the Israelites did but in a new way.)

Romans

14:1. Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

14:2. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

(This chapter is talking about certain foods that people thought were unclean or sacrificed to idols ,it had nothing to do with Gods holy days)

14:3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

14:4. Who art thou that judgest another man

Edited by LOVEFORTHELORD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I know a woman who is a Seventh Day Advisist. She tells everyone that Saturday is the Sabboth and if they don't observe it they are in sin. I just laugh at such nonsence. Church is not necessary for salvation. God looks at the heart. Those who judge are wrong. Please don't fall for such lies.

But I just can't get around Colossians on this matter. Outward observances of New Moon's and Sabbath's is directly discussed; it is lumped into all of the other outward observances such as circumcision and diet.

The churches have spoon fed people for so long, they refuse to see that maybe these verses are saying something entirely different than what the churches are saying,I have to disagree with what most people think these verses means.

Well you know what I like the Churches; Christ established them for a reason. I think the Churches are speaking the truth about this doctrine for the past 1900 years. I for one am tired of

Shalom Smalcald,

I understand if YOU don't "feel compelled" to observe the Sabbath. That is between you and G-d. You'll never hear me say that it is wrong for a Christian who does not feel led in this area NOT to observe the Sabbath.

However, this last post is much different than your previous posts when you insisted that people were doing it "wrong" if they did certain practices as under the L-rd.

I also do not see the conflict in knowing G-d says not to steal, not to commit adultery etc. and the Sabbath. If you don't see that in the Scriptures, then you don't. It is not a sin not to observe, nor is it lawkeeping to observe.

Are we on the same page?

Maybe, I mean I would like to think we are on the same page. I do believe I misunderstood your earlier position. Am I correct in saying that you don't see not worshipping on Saturday as breaking a commandment which is in need of repentance am I correct in that? It seems you are saying that each of us should worship as we feel compelled and that some will worship on different days and these are all good and we should not fight about them? To me what you are saying is that if I want to observe a traditional Seder this is a good thing, but not something that every Christian should do, nor is it something that I should be condemned over as trying to be a law keeper, which is much like observing a Sabbath day?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Maybe, I mean I would like to think we are on the same page. I do believe I misunderstood your earlier position.

Shalom Smalcald,

Yes, I do believe you misunderstood my position earlier.

Am I correct in saying that you don't see not worshipping on Saturday as breaking a commandment which is in need of repentance am I correct in that?

You are correct. I do not see NOT observing the Sabbath as any sin.

It seems you are saying that each of us should worship as we feel compelled and that some will worship on different days and these are all good and we should not fight about them?

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying from the beginning. We should not judge each other concerning this and certainly not argue about it. We each need to be convinced what WE should do and then do is as UNTO THE L-RD.

To me what you are saying is that if I want to observe a traditional Seder this is a good thing, but not something that every Christian should do, nor is it something that I should be condemned over as trying to be a law keeper, which is much like observing a Sabbath day?

I agree with this statement. I do wish to re-state that I believe the Feasts of the Bible, especially the 7th day Sabbath are GOOD for G-d's people, it is G-d's Word, and I pray that ever Christian would see the value in it. However, I do not believe it is a sin not to.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/07/1970

by Smalcald

Well you know what I like the Churches; Christ established them for a reason. I think the Churches are speaking the truth about this doctrine for the past 1900 years. I for one am tired of

Maybe, I mean I would like to think we are on the same page. I do believe I misunderstood your earlier position.

Shalom Smalcald,

Yes, I do believe you misunderstood my position earlier.

Am I correct in saying that you don't see not worshipping on Saturday as breaking a commandment which is in need of repentance am I correct in that?

You are correct. I do not see NOT observing the Sabbath as any sin.

It seems you are saying that each of us should worship as we feel compelled and that some will worship on different days and these are all good and we should not fight about them?

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying from the beginning. We should not judge each other concerning this and certainly not argue about it. We each need to be convinced what WE should do and then do is as UNTO THE L-RD.

To me what you are saying is that if I want to observe a traditional Seder this is a good thing, but not something that every Christian should do, nor is it something that I should be condemned over as trying to be a law keeper, which is much like observing a Sabbath day?

I agree with this statement. I do wish to re-state that I believe the Feasts of the Bible, especially the 7th day Sabbath are GOOD for G-d's people, it is G-d's Word, and I pray that ever Christian would see the value in it. However, I do not believe it is a sin not to.

I think we are on the same page then.

by Smalcald