IGNORED

What Is TRUTH?

tsth

Guest Rapturebound

The word is the only truth. The worlds were framed by it. We live in a factual world which means something may be true but is subject to change by time and circumstance. SO I like to look at everything in this natural realm as fact, temporal and the Word of God as the true reality, eternal.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Suzzane,

Many good points have been made. The Word is truth, Jesus is truth, and only the Holy Spirit can lead us into the truth, the possession of the truth in the inward man so we can walk in truth.

When people depart from the truth, they depart from the Word, and thus from Jesus, but don't realize it. To reject truth is to reject the real Jesus and thus God himself.

What we are seeing today is many varieties of 'truth', thus many 'varieties of christ'. To have a 'christ' who differs from the Word or the Spirit, is to have an 'Idol' who is called Jesus, a false christ, an anti-christ.

What we see todayis no different than the Israelites who would regularly leave God and worship the Sun and heavenly host in the Old Testament. They didn't realize that they were in 'Idolatry', they thought they were still worshiping the 'living God'. They would worship the sun on the 'day of the Sun' and then go to the temple on Sabbath and think that they were worshiping the God of their fathers. No one who worships idols, realizes it. If asked they would tell you that they worship God. Satan is so subtle that He leads people into 'Idolatry' without their even knowing it.

When one leaves truth, he goes into 'Idolatry'.

Lo he is here, lo he is there.

Joh 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

8:33 They answered him, We are Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: why do you say, You shall be made free?

8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

God bless you,

Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

It's interesting to, that this TRUTH, also begins to bring divisions as well, and we find this difficult to accept. Especially amidst a culture that is telling us we must ALL agree:

regarding your statement above, i feel strongly that the day is very soon when it will be christian against christian, brother against brother and we'd better know the Truth by then. it will be the only way 'to stand' - (having done all to stand).

Amen Sister,

I would just add, that it will be 'professing christian' against 'real christian', tares against the wheat, those who draw near to Jesus with their lips against those who love him with all their heart, mind, soul and strength and keep His commands.

God Bless you

Dennis,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Suzzane,

Many good points have been made. The Word is truth, Jesus is truth, and only the Holy Spirit can lead us into the truth, the possession of the truth in the inward man so we can walk in truth.

When people depart from the truth, they depart from the Word, and thus from Jesus, but don't realize it. To reject truth is to reject the real Jesus and thus God himself.

What we are seeing today is many varieties of 'truth', thus many 'varieties of christ'. To have a 'christ' who differs from the Word or the Spirit, is to have an 'Idol' who is called Jesus, a false christ, an anti-christ.

What we see todayis no different than the Israelites who would regularly leave God and worship the Sun and heavenly host in the Old Testament. They didn't realize that they were in 'Idolatry', they thought they were still worshiping the 'living God'. They would worship the sun on the 'day of the Sun' and then go to the temple on Sabbath and think that they were worshiping the God of their fathers. No one who worships idols, realizes it. If asked they would tell you that they worship God. Satan is so subtle that He leads people into 'Idolatry' without their even knowing it.

When one leaves truth, he goes into 'Idolatry'.

Lo he is here, lo he is there.

Joh 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

8:33 They answered him, We are Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: why do you say, You shall be made free?

8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

God bless you,

Dennis

Dennis, you are correct on some points about Idoltary, it's in every house and those that portray Christ as an image. Those rob God of his honour, thou shalt take to thee no graven image, so add that to thou shalt not commit adultery, not steal, not kill, not bearing false witness, and honour thy father and mother. Too much of a debate when we talk about the Sabbath. Not a whole lot I can put here, for he that doeth truth commeth to the light, that his works might be manifest, that they are wrought in God. Men abide in darkness, and hate light, lest their deeds be reproved. We do not follow traditions of men (like hymnals), we don't preach men's precepts either. Here's is today's text.

Psalm 78 Reformation Matthew's 1537 O.T faithofgod.net

78:55

He did cast out the Heathen before them, caused their land to be divided among them for an heritage, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.

78:56

For all this they tempted and displeased the most high God, and kept not his covenant.

78:57

But turned their backs, and fell away like their forefathers, starting aside like a broken bow.

78:58

And so they grieved him with their high places, and provoked him with their images.

78:59

When God heard this, he was wroth, and took sore displeasure at Israel.

78:60

So that he forsook the Tabernacle in Silo, even his habitation wherein he dwelt among men.

God is still on his seat and is looking down upon the children of men to see if any did understand and seek after God. DO you actually see Jesus Christ right here? Then, convert and be healed.

Luke 16 :15 (Reformation Tyndale 1526 N.T)

and he said unto them: Ye are they, which justify yourselves before men: but God knoweth your hearts. For that which men magnify, is abominable in the sight of God.

16:16

The law, and the prophets reigned until the time of John: {and} Since that time, the kingdom of God is preached, and every man striveth to go in.

16:17

Sooner shall heaven and earth perish, than one tittle of the law shall perish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Has it come to this?

Isaiah 59:9 So justice is far from us, and righteousness does not reach us. We look for light, but all is darkness; for brightness, but we walk in deep shadows. 10 Like the blind we grope along the wall, feeling our way like men without eyes. At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. 11 We all growl like bears; we moan mournfully like doves. We look for justice, but find none; for deliverance, but it is far away. 12 For our offenses are many in your sight, and our sins testify against us. Our offenses are ever with us, and we acknowledge our iniquities: 13 rebellion and treachery against the Lord, turning our backs on our God, fomenting oppression and revolt, uttering lies our hearts have conceived. 14 So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. 15 Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice.

Jeremiah 7:28 Therefore say to them, 'This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips.

Jeremiah 9:3 "They make ready their tongue like a bow, to shoot lies; it is not by truth that they triumph in the land. They go from one sin to another; they do not acknowledge me," declares the Lord. 4 "Beware of your friends; do not trust your brothers. For every brother is a deceiver, and every friend a slanderer. 5 Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. 6 You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me," declares the Lord. 7 Therefore this is what the Lord Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people? 8 Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks with deceit. With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor, but in his heart he sets a trap for him. 9 Should I not punish them for this?" declares the Lord. "Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?"

Daniel 8:12 Because of rebellion, the host of the saints and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

Daniel 9:13

Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth.

Zechariah 8:16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts;

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yes Suzanne!

Religious confusion, which is what Babylon means. Most of us may speak the same language, but in Spiritual things, one must be illuminated by the Spirit of Holiness otherwise they cannot see the truth or the kingdom. To know the truth of God one must be willing to follow it in obedience.

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine (teachine or truth) is not mine, but his that sent me (it was the truth of God who didn't do away with His Commandments).

7:17 If any man will do his will, (God's will) he shall know of the doctrine (teaching, truth), whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Peter puts it this way:

Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

5:31 Him has God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel (repentance is a turning from sin to obedience), and forgiveness of sins.

5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God hasgiven to those that obey him.

Paul puts it this way:

1Cor 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; spiritual things with spiritual.

2:14 But the natural (carnal, unconverted religious) man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2:15 But he that is spiritual judges (is able to determine the truth of) all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

God is not the author of confusion and division!

It is another god, another christ and another spirit who is behind this smorgasboard of confusion and every variety of teaching. Hmm, were we ever warned of deception, false christs and false prophets? Were we ever warned about a 'falling away' from truth? Were we ever warned of one who would try to exalt himself above God? Were we ever warned about false worship? Were we ever warned about one who whould think that he could change God's laws? Did Jesus ever ask that when He returns, will he find faith on the earth, real, living, life changing obedient faith?

Why should we be surprised at the ultimate confusion that disguises itself as 'professed christianity' today? We have had ample warning. Jesus is not returning for christian Babylon, but for His 'glorious church without spot or blemish', those who have washed their robes in he blood of the lamb and walk in harmony and obedience, perfectly united in love and truth.

God bless you,

Dennis