i really can not understand why some people think Arminian is right

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

The doctrines of grace, aka calvinism did not come from Calvin. What is known as the tulip originated from a church council in Dort, and was the church's response to 5 points the Remonstrance wanted changed in the doctrinal teaching of the body.

So the doctrines didn't even begin at that church council, rather they simply laid out basic over arching beliefs that had been taught down through the generations.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

The doctrine of predestination ''not biblical predestination'' but the one taught today by calvinist is that God created certain to be saved and other to be damned the ones he created to be saved have no choice and the ones he created to be damned have no chance for salvation.This is purely a satanic teaching it turns the true love of God into a perversion.to say that God creates some to go do heaven and they have no choice and other to go to hell and they have no chance makes God a liar ,rapist and murderer.Why you ask or how or even HOW DARE YOU.Well #1 His word says he is no respecter of persons therefore if he has created some to be saved and others to be damned regaurdless of their own decision the he obviously IS a respecter of persons therefore a liar.#2 If he forces salvation on those he has created for heaven with out giving them a choice the it is no different than me forcing myself on who ever I choose therefore he is a rapist.#3 If he creates people who can not be saved even if they are ready and willing then he is a murderer condemning and innocent person who had no opportunity for salvation at all therefore making him a murderer.There are many dangerous false doctrines being taught but none more disturbing or repugnent to any true christian that knows what the real love of God is.God would never force Himself on any one nor would He deny a repentent soul wanting forgivness for He does not respect the person and wants all to be saved but out of His own sovernty decided to give us free will that we may choose salvation for ourselves.Biblical predestination is the fact that God knows the end from the biginning and knew our choices b4 we made them therefore out of his forknowledge he ''predestined'' us not out of some sick eny meny miny mo diciding who serves him and who doesn't.1st tim 2:4 says he want us all to be saved,2nd pet 3:9 says he want none to perish and 1st john 2:2 says Jesus died for the whole world (not just the elect )as taught by calvinist predestintioners JOHN 3:16 God so loved the WORLD that he sent his only begotten son that WHOSOEVER believes on him shall be saved.We all have equal opportunity for salvation and if we end up in hell it is not because of God's will but our own.

Onwings, the reason you are so against this belief is because you have not been taught correctly what it is. Your explanation of predestination here is not at all what the doctrines of grace teach. I understand you are upset because you believe I or others are attacking God's character with our doctrine but I assure you that is not so.

What I believe only exalts, glorifies, and esteems God higher as a sovereign and gracious God.

God says that whosoever will may come but the problem there is the will. None of us choose to come to God. We hate him, we rebel against him, we run from him, we despise Him. I suggest a reading of Romans 1-3 for a good overview of human nature. The fact is, as humans we would never choose God, and it is actually of his total mercy and grace that He saves anyone from their stubbornness and willfulness. This is what predestination is all about - that since everyone in their stiff-necked way is running toward hell, God in his abundant mercy chooses to reach down and spare some.

That isn't fair at all. That is total and absolute extravagant outpouring of the overwhelming grace of a holy God. Every single one of us deserves hell and in fact God would not be a God of justice if He did not punish us. The fact that He chose to save some by the sacrifice of His Son, should make us fall down and worship Him all the more.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

We have a thread currently running regarding Calvinism here:

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=7485

I am closing this one in favor of that one