IGNORED

THE PRIESTHOOD OF JESUS CHRIST

Guest sandra

Guest sandra

Jesus Christ who is the exalted high priest not only brought an end to the Jewish priesthood, he also shows why the roman catholic priesthood as well as the episcopal priesthood is unnecessary and unbiblical. Since it is not biblical, it is a doctrine of man and according to the words of Jesus in Mark 7:7, it is vain.

We can read in the book of Hebrews and see why Jesus is the only priest who is necessary and sufficient to save sinners. Those who trust in Him need no other priest because Jesus is,

able to save forever 7:25

Lives to make intercession 7:25

is able to save forever 7:25

is holy, innocent and undefiled 7:26

is separated from sinners 7:26

is exalted above the heavens 7:25

sanctifies us by his once offering 10:10

makes other priests obsolete 10:11

offered once sacrifice for all time 10:12

made perfect forever those who are sanctified 10:14

is sufficient, there are no more offerings for sins 10:18

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Remember how Jesus Christ never abolished the law Sandra?????

The Priest is still required to dispense grace and perform the *biblical* sacrifice.

Jesus never abolished those biblical things did He???.

I believe that you misunderstand what a Priest is and what is his job.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Mobile,

I would sure be interested in your explanation of what the priest does, And what is your definition of a "biblical sacrifice"?

Good insight Sandra.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

The way most here persecute the Catholic church is making me rethink leaving. They must be doing something right.

Mark 7:7 is speaking directly to the Pharisees and I don't think it's fair to equate this to all RC Priests. Hebrews 10:11 is speaking to the sacrifices of the old testament. What is obsolete is the "old covenant". Yes Jesus sacrificed his body once for all of us. As such it truly is the "gift that keeps on giving". Is it wrong to remember that sacrifice as we ask for forgiveness of our sins? Are all communion services wrong, or just the RC Mass? i sure hope you're putting as much effort into reaching out to nonbelievers as you are putting towards railing against the Catholic church.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/29/1965

serotta, I am not Catholic but I too have noticed an increased attack on the Catholic Church...

Human nature seems to be to represent our beliefs as better by showing how others are wrong...

As a fellow Christian I commend you on your belief in Christ Jesus and pray for you.

As a side note I have noticed that my catholic friends biggest difference from other Christians seems to be the difference in the importance placed upon the Theotokos...do you also find this from your experience?

I have not been a member of the Catholic church for about 10 years. I think that among Catholics you will find a variety of definitions of the Theotokos, or exactly what they think of Mary. I'm really surprised by the "Mary is no different than you or me" thinking. She was chosen by God to be the mother of His Son. While there is no reason that I know of to believe she should be deified, she is certainly to be revered and respected.

I am just asking what his definition is of the priest job is and what his definition of "biblical sacrifice" is.

And by the way Mary was a human being as you and I are. She is to be commended for her faith in God, but she is none the less a sinner as the rest of mankind.

I will ask you this serrota, did Jesus exsist before he was born a man?

Jesusisgod2 asked:

I will ask you this serrota, did Jesus exsist before he was born a man?

Of course, "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God". I am not saying that Mary is to be deified or set on the same plain as Jesus. But Mary was chosen by God not only to bear His Son, but to be His earthly mother. For that Mary most definitely deserves our respect and reverance. Do I believe that she was without sin and remained sinlesss, no, she was human. Do I think that she was assumed into heaven? I do not know. In this I do not have enough knowledge, but until I know otherwise I see no reason why she could not have been.

I will bring out my "Worthy board scripture of the day":

John 4:23 "But the time is coming-it has, in fact, come-when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship."

Hi Serrota,

Out of curiosity, what version of the bible are you using to quote the above?

The scriptures say that the Father seeks those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, on this we agree.

Jesus is the truth, now when you mix religion into the mix, especially false religion--then you are not worshipping in spirit and in truth but you are worshipping God on your own terms.

It seems this version of the scriptuires you use has added a few words to it, which in my opinion takes away from the message, I have yet to read a version that says what you are called or where you go to worship wont matter.

It does matter, you want to worship where the truth is proclaimed and God is reality not worshipping something that you know nothing about, which is what this particular passage of scripture is refering to.

Notice Jesus says we worship what we know! This is not a ticket to worship God how and where you want, it must come through Jesus (the truth) and the Holy Spirit.

Hi Serotta,

I can see the version you are using is the "Message translation" --I myself have not studied out of this text and therefore was unfamiliar with it.

From what I read of it though, this translator seems to add and take away. Something just dont seem right with it.

Anybody else ever study out of this translation?