IGNORED

Gift or Tough Love?

datan, i just found it... it's called "care credit", and they can download the application at www.carecredit.com, or ask for it in their vet's office. the website is a good thing because they can look up vets in their zip code that accept it (just in case theirs doesn't... i've never seen a vet's office that didn't).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Well, I'm an animal lover and have done some silly things for my animals, but $2500 seems like a large amount to pay for someone elses dog! Maybe they have things that they could sell in order to raise most of the money themselves....or at least some of it. I've seen money become a problem between family members. If they don't pay you back, what then? Pray about it, Datan, and if you decide to "loan" them the money, it would be a good idea if you think in your mind that you have "given" it to them. When they pay you back, then everyone will be happy. If they don't pay you back, well, then you need to remember that you "gave" them the money.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Dear Lord,

Please give Datan guidance in this matter. Give her peace with whatever decision she makes.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well to be honest i dont know what u should do your will have to follow ur heart and Gods lead.. but i can say that i know alot of family and friends get everything messed up when money is loaned out.. God said we are to be good stewards over our money and things we do in our life.. only u know what u can afford and if you think u will get ur money back.. again i want to say money has cause a many a family to come to greif so be sure God is leading you in this... will be praying for u on this matter...

God Bless sister vicki

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

These are intelligent people and surely understand the words 'out of work.'

You must do what you feel is right, but I would just tell them: "I'm sorry, but I'm not working, and I just don't know what's coming next, so at this time I really feel like I just can't do it."

They will have to learn to set their own financial priorities, rather than being wastrels.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sorry, but I would NEVER have a DOG be the reason for myself or my family to go into financial burden, whether it was mine OR somebody elses.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Dogs are people to you know..

One time I was in this News Room in my country and a small bird flew in, cute as ever and i was terrified because I was trying to do my work and it was fly about the whole room so i trying to scare it out the window again (it was a big window) and i remember I hit it pushed it in the right direction to go out and I tried to close the window quickly. But what happened is i struck the bird and it fell on the ledge with its wing damaged and it was looking at me with pain and almost tears saying, "what have I done to you that you that you did this to me?" I WAS SOOO HEART BROKEN. And I wanted to hold it so that I can give it some help but it was so scared of me, I could hear its heart beating loudly.. I just had to leave the room I couldn't take the guilt and heartbroken feeling. And when I returned it was gone. I was so afraid a bird of prey may have attacked it that I was looking every were for it. I stuck out my head to see if it fell to the ground so I can help it but it was gone.

Do you remember the donkey who spoke in the Old testament? It used the same lines to its master when God opened its mouth. I believe they have souls.. so this is not an easy decision.

Numbers 22:28

28 Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

Edited by Blien

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/11/1987

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for all of your advice, prayers, and just general input; although I haven't the time right now to say this individually, I still felt it necessary to give a word of thanks.

Heavenly Father, I thank you in Jesus' name for leading me here and all of these wonderful people to me in turn. I ask for your continual blessing on each one of these fine people.

I also thank you for giving me the direction for my final decision.

Amen and Amen.

I did make a decision and it was very easy once I had prayed. I decided to give them $1500 instead of the full $2500, which will be enough for most of the procedure, but they will have to learn to handle their money a little bit better.

I really wanted to give them more, but my mom said not to also. And I have made the decision that if they cannot ever give the money back, then okay. It's only money and it's not worth breaking up a family.

So yeah -- that's that.

Thanks, everyone. <33333

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Datan, you are a lovely person! You did exactly the right thing -- aske God, then follow His directions. Then let it go.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

My sister called my mom a couple of minutes ago, and she relayed the news that her ten-year-old dog needs an operation on his collapsed eye. Here's the problem: They want me to give them $2500 until February, and I don't know if I can spare it. I have money stored away from a settlement, but I also have car payments, insurance, and school things to worry about; I asked the Spirit to guide me in this decision and I think I was directed here. I don't know what to do.

My sister and her husband live better finical lives than I do; I don't have a job, but my sister is a computer programmer for the state and her husband is a lawyer for the state -- and also they recently came into nearly $10,000 in CDs, which they put into a cash-market-thing. I gave them $1900 a couple of months ago to help with an equity loan, and they paid me back, but then they maxed-out their credit cards on frivolous things and other procedures for the same dog.

I'm in a moral bind: I love my sister and husband and dog dearly, and I know the Bible says to give without a second thought, but I also don't want to enable their frivolous spending anymore, either.

Please, please, please help me. D:

Confusion is not the mind of Christ. Seek counsel. Consider what people say and hold it up to the scripture. Then go with the still small voice inside.

Mat 5:39 But I say to you, Do not resist evil. But whoever shall strike you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Mat 5:40 And to him desiring to sue you, and to take away your tunic, let him have your coat also.

Mat 5:41 And whoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him two.

Mat 5:42 Give to him who asks of you, and you shall not turn away from him who would borrow from you.

Mat 5:43 You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."

Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,

Mat 5:45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

In all these Jesus never says, "Offer the other to him also IF he's a really good person."

He never says, "let him have your coat also, IF he's a responsible financial person."

He never says, "Give to him who asks of you IF you're sure he won't max out his credit cards and if you've got extra to spare and no bills."

The mind of Christ is this: He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Honestly, I am stricken to the core with my own heart pricked with shame at the times I have NOT given. Even now -- inside me there is the still small voice saying, "Would you? You goad this person to give and would you?" God forgive me!