• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Suzanne,

Yes the lawless one was already at work in Paul's day, as part of the falling away from God by religious folk. How did they fall away from God and become lawless. They changed God's law or did away with it. That is the essence of lawlessness. This is a religious system, the 'mystery of Iniquity', in direct opposition to the 'Mystery of Godliness', that thinks that it can mess with God's law, which is as eternal as God himself. One large Religious group thought that they could change it. Another large religious group thought that they could do away with it, by teaching that faith in Jesus does away with the Law of God.

This lawlessness is known as anti-nomianism, which was rejected as heresy, until the late 1800s when it became fairly mainstream. It was practiced by some of the Gnostic sects in the Apostles time. Of these was the Nicolaitans, who taught that faith in Christ relieved one from keeping the Moral Law of God. They claimed Christ, but still hung on to their sinful ways. Thus God hates the doctrine of the Nicolaitans.

I do know that there is one who hates the Law of God and that is Satan. He is the ultimate lawless one. Yet he has his ministers here on earth carrying on his work of lawlessness. The warnings are not about unsaved lawlessness, for the unsaved are lawless for they can be nothing else. It applies to a 'professing christianity' that has changed or discarded God's Holy Moral Law. Thus the 'mystery of iniquity has been working since the Apostle's time. We are in the very last stages of this. You see Christ was not anti-law, He said so Himself, thus the 'anti-christ' or false christ is 'anti-law', or a promoter of lawlessness.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I have not come to destroy (do away with), but to fulfil. (Keep them magnify them and make them honorable by writing them in the heart of the believer)

5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so (by saying that the law has been done away with), he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Here is a prophesy of this in Isaiah:

Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

This he did when He said that not only was adultery sin, but even lusting after a woman was sin. He makes it honorable by writing it in our heart (Rom 2:15 as you quoted and Hebrews 8:10 and 10:16), the Holy Spirit shedding the love of God abroad in the heart, the love for his will and law. Now if this is what Jesus does, and it is, for He Himself says so, then how can His professed followers teach and do the opposite? Truly a mystery and it is not the 'mystery of Godliness'.

God bless you,

Dennis

Let's look at this again, how can Christ if he teaches a singular doctrine, involving worship of himself, how can you say he condemns not a substitute? How can you be covetous and minister true holiness? One of these least commandments, is the commandment involving idoltary, I Cor 10:7, neither be ye worshippers of idols, and the commanding Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel all condemning such, pictures that rob God of his honour. How can you say that a man's doctrine is good, when he condemns the idols of Babylon, after he brings an idol in of himself, this man is Calvin and company. (not a true reformer) I believe that if you follow the teaching of men's precepts, then is your worship of God in vain (Matthew 15:7,8)

Ephesians 4:31 (Tyndale N.T)

Let all bitterness, fierceness and wrath, roaring and cursed speaking, be put away from you, with all maliciousness.

4:32

Be ye courteous one to another, be merciful forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake forgave you.

Isaiah 44 (faithofGod.net)

44:16

One piece he burneth in the fire, with another he roasteth flesh, that he may eat roast his belly full: with the third he warmeth himself, and sayeth: Aha, I am well warmed, I have been at the fire.

44:17

And of the residue he maketh him a God, and an Idol for himself. He kneeleth before it, he worshippeth it, he prayeth unto it, and sayeth: deliver me, for thou art my God.

44:18

Yet men neither consider nor understand, because their eyes are stopped, that they can not see: and their hearts, that they can not perceive.

44:19

They ponder not in their minds, for they have neither knowledge nor understanding, to think thus: I have brent one piece in the fire: I have baked bread with the coals thereof, I have roasted flesh withal, and eaten it: shall I now of the residue make an abomination, and fall down before a rotten piece of wood?

44:20

The keeping of dust, and foolishness of heart hath turned them aside: so that none of them can have a free conscience to think: may not I err?

44:21

Consider this (O Jacob and Israel) for thou art my servant. I have made thee, that thou mightest serve me. O Israel, forget me not.

44:22

As for thine offenses, I drive them away like the clouds, and thy sins as the mist. Turn ye again unto me, and I will deliver thee.

I believe that those ministers whose job is to get filthy lucre, these will never understand this, unless God (having chose them beforehand) gives them repentance unto health in Jesus Christ.

Terry Merritt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

TM75,

I am in agreement with what you wrote. I'm not sure, but it seemed that you were disagreeing with me. If you were, I'm not sure with what.

The Idolatry today is a very sophisticated one, It is about a false christ, one who is different from what the Word says He is. One who says He does away with the Moral Law of God, in direct disagreement with His very plain statement in Mat. 5. One that calls those who do and teach His Commandments heretics when the Jesus of Scripture calls them great. One that says that God deals with the Jews differently than the Gentiles, when the Jesus, the Word, says that God is not respecter of persons.

Now lets see, what does lawless mean. It means to be without law, to be unrestrained by law. Christ was the law of God in Living form. In other words whatever Christ did was an example of the Law of God being lived in Human flesh. Thus Christ is our law of Righteousness. He kept His father's commandments, therefore that is part of the Law of Christ for He fulfilled all righteousness.

God Bless,

Dennis

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" Hebrews 9:28

The Damage Of Faithlessness - The Destruction Of Pride

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:29

Faith

Or Dead Works

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:1-6

Belief

Or Condemnation

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:13-18

Mercy

Or Sacrifice

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

Gift

Or Boast

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Christ Jesus

Or The Law Of Sin And Death

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:1-2

Spirit Of Adoption

Or Spirit Of Bondage And Fear

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Romans 8:14-16

The Blood

Or Sin

And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:4-10

Wear Your Own Rags

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Or Believe God And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I know it's not a pleasant subject, but I really hope that people would recognize that there really is something MUCH BIGGER taking place in the spiritual realm, that many times, we're just not willing to acknowledge. It really is SO VERY invasive and destructive, but because it is among ourselves, we're not eager to expose it, which is understandable, but very dangerous to the body as a whole. Just because it's our own, does not make it exempt from acknowledgment and exposure.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Joe,

It is not our own works. The passage you quoted is about the carnal man who is not subject to the law of God, and thus cannot please God.

The Christian is crucified with Christ, resurrected with Christ, thus as Paul says, Christ lives in Him, thus the works of the believer are Christ's works of righteousness, Christ working through him. Living His life of righteousness through him. The 'believer' would never take credit for the works Christ does through Him in ceasing to sin and doing righteousness.

All he glory goes to Christ, but the believer does righteousness even as he is righteousness.

1john 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3:3 And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.

3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

3:5 And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

3:6 Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.

3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: (many are trying to deceive us as to this truth) he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

3:8 He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil (which are sin, transgression of God's law).

3:9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed (Jesus) remains in him: and he cannot (will not willfully) sin, because he is born of God.

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

This is Scripture and the Scripture can't be broken.

This is the same John who who wrote Jonh 3:16. This is the 'meat' of Scripture. This is 'living, saving faith' the only faith that works by love and perfects salvation, for it is Christ, who has created the believer unto good works, thus it is Christ living through the believer.

God Bless,

Dennis

Wings,

I love that Scripture, for we can mount up with the wings of Eagles.

That is OSAS. It is just a new name for an old lie.

God bless,

Dennis