IGNORED

Toy Containing 'Date-Rape' Drug

kari21

Guest shiloh357
what's wrong with buying from china? i can't believe i just read that, in light of everything that has happened in the last six months or more. that country is committing terrorist acts against ours. they've killed our pets, they're trying to kill our children.... why on earth have we not banned imports from that country? we need a national embargo, STAT.

What are you talking about? They are not trying to kill our kids and they havent killed our pets. That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

If this country took all of the crazy advice on this website, we would all be living in bunkers afraid of our own shadow.

I guess you haven't been watching the news. Are you not aware of all the toy recalls due to high lead paint and children being poisoned? Do you live under a rock??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
what's wrong with buying from china? i can't believe i just read that, in light of everything that has happened in the last six months or more. that country is committing terrorist acts against ours. they've killed our pets, they're trying to kill our children.... why on earth have we not banned imports from that country? we need a national embargo, STAT.

What are you talking about? They are not trying to kill our kids and they havent killed our pets. That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

If this country took all of the crazy advice on this website, we would all be living in bunkers afraid of our own shadow.

I guess you haven't been watching the news. Are you not aware of all the toy recalls due to high lead paint and children being poisoned? Do you live under a rock??

Maybe i just don't live in fear of every country except our own being out to get us. Things go wrong in factories, american made dog food companies have had to recall product because of too much of a chemical used in rat poison. That made the news too. But as soon as China does it, its automatically an attack, and we should just stop importing from them.

Hey Sherlock, no one said China is out to get us. The problem is that the toys are made with with dangerous, high lead paint and children have been getting sick from it. Not only that, but other deadly chemicals have been found. Enough poisonings have occurred to warrant a recall.

Some of us have the moral character to put children's lives ahead of "good business sense" and others don't, I guess.

ok here's the scoop. we're not talking about a faulty manufacturing thing. we're talking about toys laced with kerosene. we're talking about toys painted with lead paint. we're talking about pet foods that were made with ingredients known to be fatal to pets, causing untold numbers of animals to suffer and die from accute renal failure.

do you not keep up with this stuff?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's just odd that there's been incident after incident after incident.

:emot-hug: It does provoke a lot of . . . emotion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And it's not worth us getting mad at each other over.

Manufactures went to China for "good business sense." What happens now that these problems keep coming up . . . ? Either China or the manufacturers over there clean up their act, or many Americans are going to start boycotting or something.

Whatever the case, and whatever you believe is right to do, one thing I'm feeling sure of - expect prices to go up.

Hey Sherlock, no one said China is out to get us.

shiloh, even i never said that. :emot-hug: although i did say something that could easily be confused with that sentiment, and that is that i do believe that these incidents with the kerosene, the lead paint, and the poisonous ingredients weren't isolated incidents, nor that they were unintended. i absolutely believe these are terrorist acts.

doesn't mean the whole country of china is out to get us, but until we figure out who in china IS, we need to put the brakes on imports from the country.

Guest shiloh357
Hey Sherlock, no one said China is out to get us.

shiloh, even i never said that. although i did say something that could easily be confused with that sentiment, and that is that i do believe that these incidents with the kerosene, the lead paint, and the poisonous ingredients weren't isolated incidents, nor that they were unintended. i absolutely believe these are terrorist acts.

doesn't mean the whole country of china is out to get us, but until we figure out who in china IS, we need to put the brakes on imports from the country.

I agree. It is happening too often to be a mistake or a product of faulty manufacturing. Something is definitely afoot.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

When will we wake up and stop buying from China, as a country and individually?

And when will the companies that send our jobs overseas for the sake of greed do the same? Hopefully they will go nearly bankrupt so they can wake up.

Kat, kat, kat.

You leave me speechless, sometimes, i must say. I like how passionate you are but bear in mind regardless of your opinion, the businesses who outsource have got businesses to run, and if outsourcing is cheaper than keeping it within the country, then they should outsource. It's just good business sense.

And what's wrong with buying from China? Should we stop import/export from countries we dont like?

Would you be saying that if it was your job that got outsourced? I know people whose jobs have been outsourced, and they are hurting.

But hey, if a company can make a financial killing, I guess it's ok.

Guest shiloh357
ok here's the scoop. we're not talking about a faulty manufacturing thing. we're talking about toys laced with kerosene. we're talking about toys painted with lead paint. we're talking about pet foods that were made with ingredients known to be fatal to pets, causing untold numbers of animals to suffer and die from accute renal failure.

do you not keep up with this stuff?

Sure i do, LadyC.

to both LadyC and Shiloh

First of all, Shiloh, if you want to call me names, pick a better one. Sherlock doesnt even make sense in this context. Second, when i was talking about good business sense, i meant outsourcing. Not imports. Calm down and actually read what i write.

The fact is that the U.S. is cheap. We like things cheap, we want to be catered to. Importing from China is cheap. Outsourcing jobs to China is cheap. No one says its a good thing, but as long as this country is what it is, we'll keep importing from China. We'll keep outsourcing jobs to India. How do you think Wal-Mart stays in such good business? It outsources, and it imports.

It sucks about the dog food, and it really sucks about the paint levels, and we can demand to stop importing from China. Or, we can regulate much better and stop being such a cheap country. There are regulatory agencies designated to the imports and exports of this country. It shouldn't pass our borders if its not completely inspected and "ok"'d. High lead paint levels and dog food with poisonous material should be inspected at customs. If something passes our borders and we need to do a recall, its because we havnt checked it well enough. Why? Money. We make exuberent amounts of money from Chinese imports, be it cars or toys or what have you. We allow these things to pass in order to sell them. We'll sell them until enough people complain, then we'll issue our recall. Then we'll blame China.

All this stuff is fact, i mean check out quarter reports from companies like Matel, and Toyota.

Even the urban legend turned disgusting fact that the FDA allowed rat feces in our peanut butter...

Yeah, we can regulate a lot better and I am sure we have a lot of need for improvement in that area. The fact is though, we should stop importing dangerous toys and pet food from China. If China cannot provide safe products, then we should not be giving them our business. It is as simple as that.