• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Hillary Clinton has a better government reform plan than most Republicans. After 8 years the current Republican in office, and the mess thereafter, i'm wondering if another Republican is really the answer we need.

Yeah, when Republicans say that government can't do anything right, they are leaving out an important part. It really is, when Republicans are running things, government cannot do anything right.

That's a matter of opinion. I'll admit, the Republicans have screwed up lately, but I still don't happen to agree with your statement.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Y'know if Hillary gets elected, doesn't that mean she was appointed by God to run the nation, according to some peoples interpretations? :emot-hug:

yes.

God has a reason, even if those reasons are hard to comprehend. but bottom line is, we are in the end times, and He has to allow certain unfathomable (to me) things to occur in order to fulfill prophecy. so i won't question God's judgement. at the same time though, i'm going to do my best to be His hands. even if i do it wrong.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

yes.

God has a reason, even if those reasons are hard to comprehend. but bottom line is, we are in the end times, and He has to allow certain unfathomable (to me) things to occur in order to fulfill prophecy. so i won't question God's judgement. at the same time though, i'm going to do my best to be His hands. even if i do it wrong.

Pretty far fetched, LadyC. There is no prophecy left to be fufilled. If hillary gets in it wont be because of God, it'll be because the country voted that way. Plain and simple.

Even if there was no more prophecy to be fulfilled (which there is) GOD is in charge of everything that happens.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

yes.

Pretty far fetched, LadyC. There is no prophecy left to be fufilled. If hillary gets in it wont be because of God, it'll be because the country voted that way. Plain and simple.

Even if there was no more prophecy to be fulfilled (which there is) GOD is in charge of everything that happens.

I am not sure how that reconciles with free will. Every voter makes a concious decision on who to vote for, therefore, the voters choose who they want to be their president. God of course knows who will be president because God knows everything that has happened or ever will happen, but that does not mean that God chooses who gets to be President. If he did, no one would have free will and we would all just be puppets on a string.

At least thats how I see it.

I do agree with you on prophecy to be fulfilled though. I am Amilliennial, which a lot of Christians are, but even then, I do believe that Christ will return someday in final judgement and establish his physical reign. That would certainly be a profecy yet to be fulfilled. Of course that could be tommorow or 100,000 years from tommorow or any day in between or after. Thats why I chose not to concern myself with trying to predict it or see signs, everyone thinks they see the signs, every generation thus far has been wrong. Odds are this one is too.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

Hillary Clinton has a better government reform plan than most Republicans. After 8 years the current Republican in office, and the mess thereafter, i'm wondering if another Republican is really the answer we need.

Yeah, when Republicans say that government can't do anything right, they are leaving out an important part. It really is, when Republicans are running things, government cannot do anything right.

That's a matter of opinion. I'll admit, the Republicans have screwed up lately, but I still don't happen to agree with your statement.

Well I was being tongue in cheek. This particular Republican we have running things right now does not just exude competence, but there have certainly been some that have done a great job while in office.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Same with '08, the people will vote, and wheover gets in will be the direct result of the vote. I really dont see how God could care who is in office

Are you saying there is something God doesn't care about?

Also, the gospel hasn't been preached to the ends of the earth, because the Bible says that when it is, the end will come. That's a prophecy.

thoughtful, are you a Christian? i seem to recall thinking you are, but you don't seem to read the same Bible i read.

Yes I am a christian. And i mean no disrespect, i just read the Bible correctly. Thats all.

well then i'm so glad we're fortunate enough to have you here on worthy to correct the masses who read it incorrectly. after all, that IS what you're saying, right? that the rest of us are just dumb oxes who can't comprehend scripture? sadly, i believe you meant no disrespect. i just think that you're over-inflating yourself a tad bit.

not many people would "correctly" read the Bible to mean that there is no prophecy left to be fulfilled, or that God doesn't care about something, or that God's hand is not involved in every detail of life as we know it.

HEY FOLKS! guess what! there ain't going to be an apocolypse, there ain't gonna be no rebuilding of the temple, there ain't gonna be no millenial kingdom. thoughtful says so.