IGNORED

The Kingdom of God

Guest yod

The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven

Yeshua went around speaking many parables about the "Kingdom of Heaven".

I think it would be a good idea to discuss just what He was talking about. All of the frivolous discussions we've had lately can be explained by merely understanding this one concept of just what the "kingdom" is and find our place within it.

Most people seem to think that the Kingdom is something that comes after we die. While this is also true...it is not the primary definition.

The eternal Kingdom of Heaven is not held within the constraints of time and space. It exists even now among you.

This is not to be confused with the literal Kingdom promised to Israel. That exists within a time and place which only the Father knows according to Acts 1:6-7

===============================

A security guard at your local department store has authority only within the property of the store...even then his authority is limited to the commands of the store management. He can't arrest anyone....he can only hold you for an officer of the Law.

A policeman of that city would supercede his authority and carries the full weight of the federal government. In other words, if you disobey that policeman he has a chain of command over him which could go all the way to the President if you were to rebel against this one cop. The National Guard could be called out to back him up.

This is a picture of us.

Before salvation we are like the security guard. We have some decision authority in our little sphere of influence but really not much command authority.

Entering into the kingdom makes us like that cop...let's call him a Marshall. At the point of salvation we are given a "badge" called the Holy Ghost which makes us officers of the Kingdom.

We have a "precinct" of authority that is backed up by the full authority of God the Father. Within that area we are God's army and unbeatable.

Outside of our "jurisdiction" we have no authority. In other words, as long as we are within the authority given to us by the Father we have His Creation power available. Outside of it we are defenseless.

This "jurisdiction" area can be expanded when we are faithful in the small things of administration or by righteous acts. By doing a good job in our "precinct" we are given even more authority over larger areas.

In the same way, when we are unfaithful to our calling our authority is reduced. We could have it reduced to an area the size of a jail cell (or less) by being a corrupt Marshall.

Many times a Marshall acts as a judge by interpreting the law to a particular situation. When he does so accurately, he is supported by the full force of the "Supreme Judge"

If a Marshall makes a decision based on a bad interpretation of the law, no matter how good his intentions are this will be overturned by the Judge.

What am I saying?

We all have a sphere of power in the Spirit. Our faithfulness to obeying the Lord will expand our authority over the forces of darkness in our life. Our disobedience will reduce it to the point of being powerless over temptation(s). We may have authority over some things...and be without authority over other areas which we have not submitted to His authority.

Our understanding of God's word can greatly increase our authority by making us capable of understanding His will. That enables us to make good "judgements" that don't get overturned by our Supreme Judge.

Entering The Kingdom of Heaven means you have been given the Father's authority at the point of salvation. How you wield this authority depends on you. Some are powerless because they don't repent and some do not study to show themselves approved...and others are powerless because they have wrong motives even though they understand God's will.

Prayer is the key. Times of intimate listening can grow your authority faster than anything else. When you hear from the Lord and obey, you can be sure that His will be done. If we are unsure about whether we've heard from the Lord then your confirmation is found in the Word....interpreted in the context of the ENTIRE Word of course.

You are simply a representative of the Law.

More to come....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's make a necessary distinction for those who might not understand how the system worked in Yeshua's day.

There was the High Priest. This person was chosen by mutual agreement among many parties. The Edomite King Herod and the Roman Procurator would have to agree on this mostly political office. This was usually a Saducee because they were the wealthiest class and more politcally motivated than other sects.

The Sanhedrin was a different council of sages composed of 72 Pharisees who were chosen for their diligence in righteousness and in study. Nicodemus was probably the top guy because he was called a "ruler of the jews" and was a Pharisee. To get this position, he would have to be the most knowledgable and wise man regarding the Torah and the Talmud (Oral law). He was certainly a respected man. Even Yeshua told His disciples to obey the Pharisees...while avoiding the hypocrisy displayed by many (but certainly not all) of them. I think that many christians have the idea that all Pharisees were wicked and that is not so.

But what every Pharisee wanted was the same power that Elijah and Elisha had. It was believed that this power came from living a righteous life according to Torah.

So let's look at the Kingdom of God in John 3.

Nicodemus didn't come at night because he was embarressed. No, he wanted to know the secret of Yeshua's authority over evil spirits, sickness, temptation......and then to protect this information for himself. After all, this man was recognized as THE leader of the men who were most recognized for being godly in all the land.

When he said, " Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him", he was admitting that Yeshua had an authority which only comes from being righteous. What he was really asking was "Why don't I have this same supernatural authority?"

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Here Yeshua is saying that outside of a genuine salvation experience Nicodemus can't even SEE the Kingdom!

Then Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" It wasn't that he didn't understand what Yeshua was saying as much as he was trying to get Him to elaborate on this concept of being "born again". Nicodemus really wanted to know!

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Yeshua is saying that without the Holy Spirit, Nicodemus can not ENTER the Kingdom (even IF he could see it)

"If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

We tend to focus this passage about being born again when, in fact, that is not what they were talking about (yet). Nicodemus wanted to know about authority in the Kingdom of Heaven. Nicodemus wanted to know why being a very righteous man was not enough to obtain this authority.

Yeshua exlained that all authority comes from Him.

Being born of the Holy Spirit (which would not happen for a while yet) was how a man gets the authority that He has.

you are quite welcome...so glad I could finally return the favor after all those excellent posts you had in the Baptism thread!

But I'm not nearly finished...something is welling up in my spirit about this. Understanding the Kingdom answers all those silly arguements about baptism, evil pianos, loving your neighbor, etc, etc, ad nauseum....

I'm going to take some authority here.....I'm calling in for reinforcements you guys....

All of my fellow "Marshalls" here at WB should take the liberty to elaborate on what I've started. We know EXACTLY who has authority here and who doesn't. I'm not talking about flesh.

:laugh::o

One's authority in any area is exactly reciprocal to the amount of authority they will submit to in the same area. This truth can be applied across the board in ALL areas.

Example?

1. Tithing - No one has ever been forced to do this whether we are talking Old or New Testament. Yes, it was introduced as an Old Testament concept but if you will take a minute to look at what the Torah says you will find that there is NO PENALTY for those who do not tithe because it is a basic law of God that you will reap what you sow. There is also no requirement for everyone to do this. It is a freewill offering.

You don't want to give any percentage of your income to the work of the Kingdom? Then don't!

But you have lost a lot of authority in that area by your unwillingness to submit your will to His authority over your possessions.

Should we give 10%? I think that is the wrong question! Can we give anything? Our motive is not to fulfill some artificial requirement of righteousness.

I found that having to keep a strict accounting of money in order to figure out a tithe helps me to understand exactly where my money goes. This extra burden of work gives me a better handle on my finances and therefore makes me spend efficiently. When I don't keep up with the accounting EVERYTHING gets behind...including my giving to the Kingdom.

It's a side benefit of being faithful in this small thing to be financially solvent.....and it say that God is the authority in my finances.

2. Sex - If we allow ourselves to entertain thoughts and vain imaginations we are giving up authority over temptation in this area. THIS ONE THING has been the cause of destruction in the church.

Divorce, abortion, child neglect and abuse, adultery, homosexuality and every other imaginable sin comes from christians who step across the boundaries of their authority on this one. The best defense here is a good offense.

Storm the gates of hell on this one, folks! Attack the spirits who are leading you to lust! You can not pacify them!!!

Enlarge your "precinct" because you have family and friends who need someone with authority to help them.

The best example I ever saw of spiritual authority in this area was when Clinton welcomed Mother Theresa to America. Instead of absorbing the attention she was getting, she proceeded to publicly rebuked him for his pro-abortion stance and there was nothing he could do or say about it. It was funny watching him try to continue smiling as she ripped him to shreds.

She was recognized by the President of the United States as having more authority over the most powerful man in the world within her "precinct"

In the church - like most of you, I am sick of preachers who think they have authority because the have the office. No way, Jose'

The rulers of the gentiles lord it over them...but not so among you. The least shall be the greatest and the servant of all will be their leader (paraphrased Yod version)

When teachers start to understand that being a shepherd is much more than teaching we will see God's authority. So many preachers have overstepped their authority by viewing the congregation as a work force to complete a human agenda....namely building "their" church.

When our pastors start looking for what God wants to do in OUR life instead of attempting to make our lives subservient to "a" church then we will see explosive growth in the Body. Until then we are sheep without a shepherd.

Our family - Men have a lot to learn here...am I'm trying. If men want to be in authority over our homes then we have to be the servant of all. We have to stop delegating our duties just because we are tired from working all day at the office.

I've been a single mom and it ain't no fun taking care of the kids non-stop while doing the dishes, the laundry, the taxi service, the errands, the grocery shopping, the accounting, etc, etc, etc...

If you feel the least bit convicted about that last paragraph....GOOD! Take small steps to remind your wife that she is STILL the love of your life by helping her.

When you do this....you will find that she willingly submits to your authority.

If you disagree then expect only more battles with someone who can't trust the way you wield your authority.

so you see....authority can apply to every area of our life. We have been given authority from God over every area where we are faithful to wield that authority in submission to Him

Meekness is humility in strength......Go and rule the Earth!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

If you feel the least bit convicted about that last paragraph....GOOD! Take small steps to remind your wife that she is STILL the love of your life by helping her.

When you do this....you will find that she willingly submits to your authority.

AMEN!!! My husband is the absolute authority of our home, he has earned that position by his absolute love and care for us(his family), there is no question as to his authority, he has abundantly shown his pure love for us.

AMEN!!! To the whole post yod, absolutely Spirit led!!!

Thank you!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Great words, Yod, on all points!

Can I say, though, how much I appreciated these words?!

When teachers start to understand that being a shepherd is much more than teaching we will see God's authority. So many preachers have overstepped their authority by viewing the congregation as a work force to complete a human agenda....namely building "their" church.

When our pastors start looking for what God wants to do in OUR life instead of attempting to make our lives subservient to "a" church then we will see explosive growth in the Body. Until then we are sheep without a shepherd.

Thank you Nebula...but we aren't finished yet.

Health - If there is one area where we all seem to neglect authority it is this one.

And this is also the best example of why the Torah is not made void. You will find that the diet prescribed in Leviticus 11 & 14 has never been improved upon. God told the Israelites over 3,500 years ago which foods He intended for the nourishment of the human body. Since He also created the human body, we can consider this Book the owners manual for the proper care of our "tabernacle in the wilderness".

This diet was promised to keep the Israelites from all the diseases of Eygpt. How? By avoiding scavengers and other animals which carry diseases.

We don't have to observe a single word of this because we are under grace, right?

Here's where knowing the law can extend your warranty period. If you give yourself to eating treif (unclean meats) you WILL pay the penalty if you live long enough. I'm not speaking as a kosher wet blanket. I had a pepperoni pizza tonight and I loved every bite! But I do so knowing that I am leaving the authority of God's word for my health.

We have Adam and Eve to thank for our decaying bodies. Sin started this process and our added sin will age us even faster....but if we could take authority over our flesh's lust for certain foods we will live longer and healthier.

This is epidemic in America.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Yod,

Yeshua went around speaking many parables about the "Kingdom of Heaven".

I checked this thread out for two reasons. One it was regarding the "Kingdom of God", and secondly it was from you. The only criticism I might have is that you should have titled this thread as "Authority in the Kingdom of God". But otherwise, you have dealt with the subject nicely, and I hung on your every word. Great posts!!!

Now I am going to create another thread that only regards the "Kingdom of God", just for the sake of theology. But I hope you continue to add to this thread. It is a blessing to many, including myself.

Thank you & Blessings,

Dad Ernie