• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

since there has been a subject already on king david i thought i would add one of my own as i love king david he was a man who fulley trusted god with his life and often when i am feeling down or feeling as if some one is be little ing me putting me down this means i come to the book of psalms and this is wear i am refreshed often the lord has spoken to me threw the book of psalms even threw my blackest days wear i feel the whole world is going to cave in on me i know i can escape as this is wear my strength comes from the lord gives me the ability to face each day being on my own no family to be with and spending many birthdays and many christmases alone often god touches me in a way like its him saying no matter how you are feeling i love you

i am nearly 40 and have been living on my own since i was 14 so i thought i would put one of my own psalms out that i like the most which is high lighted in yellow in my bible

The lord is my Shepherd psalm 23 verse 1 a psalm of david the lord is my shepherd i shall not want

our god is our shepherd we are his sheep he is in complete control of our lives every saint of god in the bible said many things about god

what they said about their god mostley depended upon their own understanding of his character here we have a wonderfal portrayal of god by a strong man who experianced the grace of god over his life king david knew god in a personal way and king david also under stood what a shepherd is david even made god almighty his shepherd

even though king david was a strong man and had a mighty army that he was in charge of his trust was in god alone and not in his strength as his strength came from above god had his hands on david from a young age and even while looking after his fathers sheep this is wear davids training had begun he looked after his fathers sheep he prottected them and he even took on goliath even though he slipped once by sleeping with bethsheba he never let go of his father he was not even ashamed as he danced naked this is how much love david had for his father

Let us think about the responsabilities of a shepherd

1 A shepherd owns sheep the lord is my shepherd any one who does not have sheep is no shepherd sheep are nothing but the property of the shepherd

2 a shepherd feeds his sheep { he takes me to green pastures and leads me to stil waters }

3 A shepherd protects his sheep { i shall not be afraid for thou art with me }

i also see god like this as it is god that has been their when every one else gave up on me so my trust is in him not in man as often i have been let down by men but never has god let me down

Their was a ship sailing a mother was on board with the smal child who was resting in her mothers bosom the ship was cought in a cyclone the waves wear roaring but the child was not worried because the child thinks the mothers bosom is the safest place

this is how it should be with us and i have learnt this and never do i step out of that prottection as he is my shepherd and he watches over my life keeps me from harms way and comforts me in my time of need he wil even prottect us from all evil this is what he promises those that put their trust in him

to him alone i give all glory and al honor as i put my life into his hands

Jesus the true shepherd john 10

1 most assuredly i say to you he who does not enter the sheep fold by the door but climbs up some other way

the same is a thief and a rober

2 but he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep

john 10 jesus the good shepherd

7 then jesus said to them again most assurdly i say to you i am the door of the sheep

8 all who ever come before me are theives and robers but the sheep did not hear them

9 i am the door if anyone enters by me he wil be saved and i will go in and out and find pasture

10 the theif does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy i have come that they may have life and

that they may have it more abundantly

11i am the good shepherd the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep

12 but a hireling he who is not of the shepherd one who does not own the sheep sees the wolf coming

and leaves the sheep and flees and the wolf catches the sheep and scaters them

13 the hireling does not care about the sheep

14 i am the good shepherd and i know my sheep and am known by my own

15 as the father knows me even so i know the father and i lay down my life for the sheep

i just wanted to add these other passages from the gospel of john as well as latly i have been going over this for my self and i can see that a pastor is also like this over those god intrusts into his care a pastors role is that of a shepherd and a pastor needs to be alert and ready to prottect his own yet i have not seen this today as it is written in gods word many have been scatterd many have been attacked by wolves many have even gone astray do we also take heed to what it says in gods word

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Absolute truth here Damien!!! :emot-highfive::):)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Thanks for sharing this, Damien. It is so true - it is such a comfort to know that our Shepherd cares so much for us. Ths Psalms are so comforting and inspiring. In my Sunday school class we are going through the Bible in chronilogical order and have just read through Saul's life and are just starting as David became king. Of course David worte the Psalms at various times in his life and it's beautiful to see how David cried out to God when things were bad and praised God when things were good. But even in the bad times he praised God and understood that God was his strength.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

It is amazing how accurate the Sheep Shepherd analogy is. I love this Pslam it has somthing for everything and sums up everything God is to us.. AS always the PSlam starts of with its conclusion:

THE LORD is my shepherd I shall not want!

then on to explain why.

HE makes me down to lie in pastures green, he leadeth me beside the still waters

He restores my soul He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake

Then we are reminded how we should not fear anything with GOd leading us if we stay close

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with my, thy rod and staff they comfort me

Then we are reminded how we are not mere animals but humans who have a personal relationship with God

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and i will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

In case you didint realize i have a website for this Psalm I am looking to expand it in a number of ways, so keep checking back from time to time! in mean time there is a wonderful exposition by Spurgeon and a most wonderful version of the popular hymn. http://www.thelordismyshepherd.co.uk or to avoid typos you can also get there by going http://www.tlims.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I see God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit , the Trinity, in this one beautiful Psalm.