Prayer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with the morning time, when everyone else is still asleep. This is such a haven of peace and quiet for me, not to mention, it really helps to BEGIN a new day with time with the Lord.

Don't try and do it in your bed though, because you will fall back asleep. Make it a morning routine. Get up, slip on some houseshoes and robe, and fix a cup of coffee, or hot chocolate. Then get your Bible out and read while you drink your coffee. Meditate on God's Word, then pray and then read some more. It really is a refreshing way to begin your day!

God bless!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

Have you ever tried going for a walk and praying as you walk??

I have a 3 sons and pretty much any place I go they WLL find me so the BEST place I find spending time with the Lord is walking, I feel a real closeness with HIM.

I know its not always possible with weather conditons but its worth a try.

In Christs Love,

Shazza

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Have you ever tried going for a walk and praying as you walk??

I have a 3 sons and pretty much any place I go they WLL find me so the BEST place I find spending time with the Lord is walking, I feel a real closeness with HIM.

I know its not always possible with weather conditons but its worth a try.

In Christs Love,

Shazza

You know.. I did this once.. I spent maybe 2-3 hours with God in my mind, in a coffee shop then for a long walk.. It was the most pleasant thing ever. I imagined he was sitting right across in that shop (this was late night) and it was so pleasent. I could almost hear him! Then later, I was taking a long stroll imagined him walking with me and I would ask questions or tell him how I was feeling about certain things and he would talk to me. It was SOOOO NICE. And I really DID feel his presence there. I Highly recommend you do it!

There are 7 people in my house. 3 kids, and 4 adults. I have no place in the house that is quiet enough to pray. Everytime I do find a quiet spot, my kids come in or someone is calling me to come help them. I do have times that the kids and I pray together. But I need a quiet place and time that I can be alone with God. The other 3 adults are believers, but they don't spend time praying or reading the bible. Can someone please give me some ideas. All advice is very appreciated. May the Lord Bless ALL of you.

I spent some time in a halfway house getting off drugs, so I know how this can be. Finding a place to pray is not easy when you are "living in public."

I shared a room with 3 others, but getting away to be alone with the Lord was difficult. First: Pray! Ask the Lord for some ideas. You can try some of the other things posted. You can also use a closet (if there's enough room). Make sure everyone in the house knows if the closet door is closed -- leave Mom alone lest ye be eaten! I live in Arizona, so weather usually isn't a problem. Have you got a back yard where you can sit, or maybe a balcony? If you work, try getting there about 30 minutes early so you can read the Bible in the parking lot -- and pray while on the way in! If you live somewhere where its cold and nasty out, have you tried the garage? It might be a bit chilly, but it can be a quiet place too.

Hope this helps! :whistling: