Prayer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There are 7 people in my house. 3 kids, and 4 adults. I have no place in the house that is quiet enough to pray. Everytime I do find a quiet spot, my kids come in or someone is calling me to come help them. I do have times that the kids and I pray together. But I need a quiet place and time that I can be alone with God. The other 3 adults are believers, but they don't spend time praying or reading the bible. Can someone please give me some ideas. All advice is very appreciated. May the Lord Bless ALL of you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

I do not know what kind of schedule you keep, but if you are a stay at home mom, try and get up earlier than everyone else! Or wait for everyone to go to work or school. Like I said I do not know your house schedule to help on too many suggestions! :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

There are 7 people in my house. 3 kids, and 4 adults. I have no place in the house that is quiet enough to pray. Everytime I do find a quiet spot, my kids come in or someone is calling me to come help them. I do have times that the kids and I pray together. But I need a quiet place and time that I can be alone with God. The other 3 adults are believers, but they don't spend time praying or reading the bible. Can someone please give me some ideas. All advice is very appreciated. May the Lord Bless ALL of you.

I live with 4 people, and none of them are practising Christians. I have my quiet time just before I go to bed in my bedroom.

Do you have your own bedroom by yourself?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My daily schedule is really crazy. It's funny, my 9 yr old son told me the other day that there is always time for the Lord. Yu both are very helpful and right. Thank you! Unfortunately not. My husband and I gave our room to my aunt that is staying with us.

Edited by cwill472

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

I get up 30 minutes before everyone else in the house. That's the only way for me to get quiet time. 4:30 a.m. Also, I have a long commute to work each day and often talk with the Lord the whole way in.

• Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

My daily schedule is really crazy. It's funny, my 9 yr old son told me the other day that there is always time for the Lord. Yu both are very helpful and right. Thank you! Unfortunately not. My husband and I gave our room to my aunt that is staying with us.

cwill, you may be the perfect example needed for the others in your home. If they are Christians then they may get hungry for more of the word as you start praying for your household and they may be able to get their own places to live, or get a bigger place for all of you!!! Prayer is the power cord for change!!! :whistling::thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I get up 30 minutes before everyone else in the house. That's the only way for me to get quiet time. 4:30 a.m. Also, I have a long commute to work each day and often talk with the Lord the whole way in.

This is a good idea. I pray all the time during the day.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I pray at unschedualed times in my mind when I am out in town or there is too much interferance and people bargining into rooms in my house. Usually, I pray late at night when most people are asleep in my room (I share a room).. thats when I read too. But I've been getting the sense that GOD is telling me to do this in the morning, I think he is offended that he gets the last part of my day. And rightfully so.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I've tried getting up early to pray, but fine myself nodding off to many times. Needless to say, I get really embarrassed by this and need to spend more time asking for forgiveness. This forced me to change my time to praying always, as kat mentioned. When I do need that "special time", I find a place. I pull over when driving, go into a closet or bathroom while at work or just close and lock the door while at home.

Are your kids young enough to take naps? Can you get them interested in a Christian movie? How about asking someone to watch them for awhile?

God will provide. He never asks us to do anything that He will not help us accomplish ... trust Him.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Several good suggestions already - the best one being rely on Yahweh to answer your request. OP - You're right your private prayer closet time is so important. Don't know the ages of your children but while the kids are watching their favorite cartoons, movie - ask another adult to watch them. There will be interruptions but be diligent - it'll be worth it.