• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I'm trying to start a small publishing company and also my own line of books for children. I started this before I came to christ and now I want my whole business to honor God so just wondering if there are any brothers or sisters here who are writers that might give me some pointers on Chrisitian Children Books? Or even volunteer to write until I can pay??

I admit, that I don't know of any Christian children books aside from the Bible Story ones. I was using Robert Munch and the rest as my example until now.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

I'm trying to start a small publishing company and also my own line of books for children. I started this before I came to christ and now I want my whole business to honor God so just wondering if there are any brothers or sisters here who are writers that might give me some pointers on Chrisitian Children Books? Or even volunteer to write until I can pay??

I admit, that I don't know of any Christian children books aside from the Bible Story ones. I was using Robert Munch and the rest as my example until now.

Shalom,

PM Marnie, she works in the publishing business and she can direct you where to get the best info.

I'm a writer, but not for children's books and I don't know beans about the publishing end, I even have my own proofreader! :thumbsup:

Wonderful! God is so GREAT let him be Glorified through ALL our works together in Christ, through Jesus Christ name! I will contact her and perhaps she can give me some insight!

Hey Vickilynn, do you write Chrisitian themed books as well for your audience?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I am a writer. I also have some that do artwork, cartooning, ect. If you will contact me, I would be glad to provide you with some materials that you can publish, and if you want some read/listen type books, I have sons that are songwriters and musicians, daughters that do artwork and photography, and a friend that is presently writing music for some movies.

If I can help, letme know.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Hey Vickilynn, do you write Chrisitian themed books as well for your audience?

Shalom Blien,

I write articles for Christian's women's magazines/publications and I write cookbooks. Most of my writing is for Christian audiences, but only for women.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/11/1987

I don't know much about writing Christian books -- children books are included in that too -- but I am well-versed in English and I pulled an 'A' in my college composition course.

I have a wild imagination, so whatever ideas I could give are there for the taking. I'm always thinking up things, but whether or not they would be useful to you is something I cannot say, nor could I say that you would find them appropriate.

I have been told that I use "perfect grammar," so my proofreading abilities are yours for the using, also.

I think my role-playing has finally come in handy. Lolll.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

go for it, but be careful about the way you set the contracts.....

my wife has found a publisher, that fronts all the monies/expenses for the books, (children and adult, fiction and non, Christian and secular) it matters not... but.... they have the contract set for a number of years exclusive, also meaning you are unable to do anything with it, cept receive the payments..... you can buy the books at a gooooooood discount and do with them as you please......

remember also about all releases... if some one wrote one sentence in the book, it must be recognized.... if there are pictures the same thing, and all participants need to have signed a release....

things can get wierd.... my grand father lost the rights to a game he developed and built aand such and then the company that got it, did nothing with it, so my grand father was out all the efforts and money he put into it.... and got nothing in return except that he was unable to take it anywhere else.....

my brother refuses to send any of his work to a publisher, for fear of loosing rights to it.....

my sister and brother in law, have lost the rights to sell certain items, with out paying the majority of their profits to a web site that they thought they were getting a "FREE" web site to use..... (oooops, if you sell anything that is on that site, the owner of the site is entitled to a certain amount of the money (from the gross, not net) which in some cases eats up most of the net...

kind of like some of these bill collectors that call trying to get your buisness to collect past bills for you..... once you sign the contract, they mail out a single mailing.... then even when you get the account back, they wait.... and wait.... then one day they will bill you for collecting for you, when you have not received a dime from the person that owes....

be careful both doing the buisness and in sending stuff to publishers........ alot of publishers do not accept unsolicited material... if you send it to them, with out prior approveal, most likely it will end up in file 13..... (the trash)

mike

Everyone, I'm just so overwhelmed with all the responses, here and via pm, I really expected to wait on the LORD but he's been surprising me all day, left, right, center! Wow, its been so amazing! lol... I'm really at a loss where to start here.. well, first let me just thank you all for your responses! GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! I can't wait until our first books come out!

AnotherTraveller, I will definitely contact you via pm, I have long since needed musicians above other things for a long while now.

Vickilynn, I think I might have some of your expertise also but that is for a different project which I will start probably mid next year. But I regarding this current project, I could definitely get your opinion on the books because most of the people who buy children book are women!

Datan, Hey buddy, haven't seen you in a while. How are you? I think we have similar tastes from previous conversations on here lol, lets bump heads together and see all the wacky idea we can come up with, and your impeccable grammar will absolutely help during proofing. :noidea:

Okay, so let me tell you all of my intentions and a little bit about my company which I started earlier this year. My company's name is Gomida, which means Warrior but also, someone who is really good at what they do. A brother layed it out for me here on worthy (who I dont know at all) about a month ago that God has blessed my plan and so I can't wait to see the kind of impact we are going to have on the world working together in Christ!

Gomida is a non-profit company, the reason why I started it was because I was so heartbroken by the condition of my country Eritrea and the state of the world at large. I mean, what ever happened to taking responsibility for what you show on TV or publish in books and making quality products? I'm just going to stop right here because I could go on forever, if you guys want to know I'll do it through private messaging. But I belive in doing what is right and treating others like human beings instead of increasing someone's bottom line and profitablity scores.. thats why Gomida is non-profit. I plan to covertly creep in good lessons, responsibility and all other chrisitan value in the market place below the radar by God!

The world wont know what hit it! :emot-highfive:

Hey Mr&Mrs Mike Irish, thanks for all the wonderful info! I just saw your message!