• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

i used to NOT believe in soul mates. that has changed.... like someone else said though, i believe a soulmate is the person whom God has chosen specifically for us. and unfortunately, too many people play house with all the wrong partners and miss the person God had picked out for them.

i was never very good with relationships, or commitments. i could love, yes, but it never seemed to be right, and i always felt empty, like something was missing.

but then God brought mark into my life, and it was so amazing. we've been married almost nine years now, and i can tell you i'm still surprised at the depth of my love for him. the kind of love that keeps me with him through thick and thin, and trust me, i would have headed for the hills years ago for far less than what he has put me through if he'd been anyone else. this can ONLY be devine love, because it transcends my human capacity to love him.

That's beautiful. I'm envious. :blink:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mathy, don't be too envious... you don't know what i've been through! i honestly wouldn't wish the turmoil on anyone. yes, mark is a blessing and a gift from God, but he's also been put in my life as a trial by fire kinda deal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

mathy, don't be too envious... you don't know what i've been through! i honestly wouldn't wish the turmoil on anyone. yes, mark is a blessing and a gift from God, but he's also been put in my life as a trial by fire kinda deal.

No wonder you are so wise! Life's best lessons are learned through trials and tribulations! You Go Mark!! :blink:

No wonder you are so wise! Life's best lessons are learned through trials and tribulations! You Go Mark!! :blink:

no no no don't encourage him! :24:

jami, i don't necessarily think God has someone chosen for everyone, i believe some people He has other, more grand plans for by keeping them single.

and i agree that we have a choice when God puts someone in our path.

however, i do believe that most people are to marry, and that God does indeed have one person that He has chosen as His very best for them.... but like i said earlier, most people are too busy playing house with the flavor of the month to recognize God's best when he/she crosses their path.

I understand what he meant now. I believe that when we even begin to understand God's love for us and we fall in love with Him first, only then can we have the capacity to make that choice in having a life partner.

i totally agree with this thought... if we don't fall in love with Christ first, we aren't ready for the person that God has in mind for us! i'd been married previously, and had two daughters. but when i finally submitted to the Lord and became content with HIM being my "husband", only then was i at a point where i could love someone else.

and the reason he showed up where i was that day? because he was hoping he'd see me. i hadn't crossed his mind in years, but that day, he went to an event he knew i might attend, hoping to run into me.

it's kinda ironic though. i was content with God as my husband, but everyone around me (even at church) was pressuring me to pray for a husband. and there was one area that my relationship with Christ couldn't fulfill... the physical aspect. so one day i prayed and told God i would trust His judgement because mine has proven to be lacking so many times. i dropped all my criteria for what i wanted in a husband and said "ok God, i'd like a man, i'd like a father for my children and... (well you know), and so will you bring me YOUR very best for my life?" and as an afterthought, i said "spring would be nice.... maybe may..." (it was november at the time.)

now, the day i said that prayer was the first day in a couple of years that the desire to actually have a husband came over me. i swear, even the day before that, i was satisfied never marrying again, and honestly thought i didn't want to have to learn to "share", ya know? i didn't want my lifestyle cramped by another person.

but low and behold, guess what happened? six months later, on the very last day of may, i ran across mark. he wasn't a stranger, i'd known him all my life. his parents were my godparents even. but i hadn't seen mark since i was a teenager, and now i was in my mid thirties. the attraction was instantaneous (and there had never been an attraction there when we were younger). mark went against every preconcieved idea i'd ever had about what i wanted in a man. he wasn't close to God, although he was saved. he hadn't been single very long so he still had baggage he was carrying around. he had a history with substance addiction. everything i wanted to steer clear of. but God had a reason for joining us together...

oh, and i should mention something else. six months earlier, the very same week that i'd prayed that prayer, mark had filed for divorce from his previous wife. the only reason he divorced her was because he was at a point where he wanted to get clean and sober, and she wasn't at the same point... and in order to get healthy, he had to leave.

one more thing.... (sorry, i'll tell my whole story eventually LOL)

the only reason we ran into each other that day? i hadn't crossed his mind in many years, but that day there was an event he knew i was likely to attend, so he went there HOPING to run into me.

talk about God's ability to move in mysterious ways... :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

i used to NOT believe in soul mates. that has changed.... like someone else said though, i believe a soulmate is the person whom God has chosen specifically for us. and unfortunately, too many people play house with all the wrong partners and miss the person God had picked out for them.

i was never very good with relationships, or commitments. i could love, yes, but it never seemed to be right, and i always felt empty, like something was missing.

but then God brought mark into my life, and it was so amazing. we've been married almost nine years now, and i can tell you i'm still surprised at the depth of my love for him. the kind of love that keeps me with him through thick and thin, and trust me, i would have headed for the hills years ago for far less than what he has put me through if he'd been anyone else. this can ONLY be devine love, because it transcends my human capacity to love him.

Seems like we share same experinaces....... except the Mark part, I'm not really there yet lol..

Seems like we share same experinaces....... except the Mark part, I'm not really there yet lol..

good thing, too! mark is an experience i think i'll horde all to myself! :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

just be careful who you entwined you soul with. I believe soul mates are those Jesus sends you and soul ties are who the devil sends... patricia1