• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

:thumbsup: There is indeed a difference, as shocking as that may seem to some...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Amen Joe :th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

My counselor and I are still going in circles over parts of this issue.... Are there no grey areas?

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

All that is good comes from God. Christians follow moral absolutes while nonbelievers have no moral absolutes. Religions formed by man have absolutes that are created by man. The son of man has taught this. Let those who have ears hear.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

The following is from G.K. Chesterton's essay "Christianity and Rationalism," taken from Haw, George, ed. The Religious Doubts of Democracy. London: MacMillan, 1904:

"... For instance, Mr. Blatchford and his school point out that there are many myths parallel to the Christian story; that there were Pagan Christs, and Red Indian Incarnations, and Patagonian Crucifixions, for all I know or care. But does not Mr. Blatchford see the other side of this fact? If the Christian God really made the human race, would not the human race tend to rumours and perversions of the Christian God? If the center of our life is a certain fact, would not people far from the center have a muddled version of that fact? If we are so made that a Son of God must deliver us, is it odd that Patagonians should dream of a Son of God?

The Blatchfordian position really amounts to this--that because a certain thing has impressed millions of different people as likely or necessary therefore is connot be true. And then this bashful being, veiling his own talents, convicts the wretched G.K.C. of paradox! I like paradox, but I am not prepared to dance and dazzle to the extent of Nunquam, who points to humanity crying out to a thing, and pointing to it from immemorial ages, as a proof that it cannot be there.

The story of a Christ is very common in legend and literature. So is the story of two lovers parted by Fate. So is the story of two friends killing each other for a woman. But will it seriously be maintained that, because these two stories are common as legends, therefore not two friends were ever separated by love or no two lovers by circumstances? It is tolerably plain, surely, that these two stories are common because the situation is an intensely probable and human one, because our nature is so built as to make them almost inevitable.

Why should it not be that our nature is so built as to make certain spiritual events inevitable? In any case, it is clearly ridiculous to attempt to disprove Christianity by the number and variety of Pagan Christs. You might as well take the number and variety of ideal schemes of society, from Plato's Republic to Morris' News from Nowhere, from More's Utopia to Blatchford's Merrie England, and then try and prove from them that mankind cannot ever reach a better social condition. If anything, of course, they prove the opposite; they suggest a human tendency towards a better condition.

Thus, in this first instance, when learned skeptics come to me and say, "Are you aware that the Kaffirs have a story of Incarnation?" I should reply: "Speaking as an unlearned person, I don't know. But speaking as a Christian, I should be very much astonished if they hadn't."

My counselor and I are still going in circles over parts of this issue.... Are there no gray areas?

Because Of Who God Is

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

There Are No Gray Areas

:emot-hug:

Good Question!

:noidea:

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You can't break down humans in black and white, good or evil, we are a mixture of both. What is important is that with in each of use is a darkness, and if we given in to that darkness we slip further and further in to the abyss. I think the reason God gave use the commandments was to help guide use to avoid the darkness as much as possable, and also a way to see the darkness with in are selves. It is a battle a war that is internal and there so much darkness in the world pulling and tugging away at use trying to get use to give in to that darkness. It is only through use see that darkness and resisting it, using Gods light, the teachings of the bible and faith that we are able to stave off the darkness to keep it at bay.

I spent many years cursing Gods name, saying that when I die I would come to heaven and kill him. I allowed my anger and hatered to grow and fester, and blame God for all my woes. I did not see all the good things in my life, only the bad things. The more I cursed God, the more I tried to debunk the bible and claim God doesn't exist, or to tell people that the bible is a lie, the more I slipped in to darkness. This all took place over the course of 10 or more years.

Then about two maybe three years ago, I begain to stop blaming god for my problems. I realized that my problems were of either my creation or that off outside influnces. In that time I have crawled my way out of that Darkness and have started see the world in a whole new light. I don't see my life as a curse, I see it as a blessing. Sure I don't have everything I want, I don't have lots of money or fancy cars, but I do have a lot to be grateful to the lord. I then realized that I had been blind, God had never abandon me, he had protected me. I have always lived from pay check to pay check, and I always had what I needed, I have been able to pay bills, put food on my table and cloths on my back and a little extra. I wish I could take credit for that but I can't because I look at the law of average and it says I should have been out on my rear end a long time ago. The only thing that can explain that is that some one was watching out for me. I owe everything to the lord.

I still stumble and fall, I wouldn't even dream of saying I am the most devoted christian because I am not, I don't go to church, I don't really pray that much or read the bible, I don't even follow the commandments all that well. However I realize that when you crawl your way out of Darkness that somethings take time. Like my decent in to darkness, it will take time to reach the point were I can really call my self a devoted christian.

What I do know is this I love the Lord, and I owe him everything. I hope one day that he will restore me enough so that I can become a devoted christian and do whatever he wants me to do.

We all struggle with Good and Evil, the more we given to evil, the more we fall in to darkness and the more damage is done to are soul. We have to stop fighting God. We will never be free of are evil nature till we are taken to heaven, all we can do is fight the good fight by putting are faith in the lord.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Hello there guys I was just wondering something. Not to me direspectful to my mother but she lied, cheated abused, drank, cursed and much more.

My dad was a mant of virtue with a moral stand. Totally opposite. There are three of us sisters. We all remember the horrors of living with mt mom. Very fewgood times with my dad although there were. Depending on which one of us you ask will determine the answers you get.

But the evil in my home outweighed the Good in it. Now praise The Lord I know Jesus, Those horrible memories can be erased. But i see the suffering of my other sisters. One is on her way. The other will get saved at the last minute,s she has little if any moral fiber. What happened?

When we are in Christ the Glory and Light of the Lord Jesus will shine brightly into the dark areas of our lives revealing not only truths but scars that need to be healed.

When i am tempted to sin, that urge , that fire gets prety strong. I can do nothing about it in the flesh. I cannot wish it away, will it away, sometimes not even pray it away and if I do it bounces back. We are not deliver from who we are.

We have the blood of Jesus and The Holy Spirt we need to Yield to and cry out to. I will fail if I try anything without Christ included.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

If there are no gray areas, then why did first john say:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

There must be gray or why else would it say if we have no sin we decieve ourself?????

Let me give you an example of my confusion:

Ex 20:13 "You shall not murder.

The bible says not to murder

But the below says to "utterly destroy" men, women, children, and animals

1 Samuel 15: God commanding that a people be "utterly destroyed"

18 "Now the LORD sent you on a mission, and said,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If there are no gray areas, then why did first john say:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

There must be gray or why else would it say if we have no sin we decieve ourself?????

Let me give you an example of my confusion:

Ex 20:13 "You shall not murder.

The bible says not to murder

But the below says to "utterly destroy" men, women, children, and animals

1 Samuel 15: God commanding that a people be "utterly destroyed"

18 "Now the LORD sent you on a mission, and said,