Theopolitan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So you don't like the song ... big deal. Why try to ruin it for others? What do you like anyway?
Not trying to ruin it for anyone. Just stating my opinion. It's listened to in my house just like any other seasonal song, but the thought hit me a while back.

What do I like? I like YOU, bro! :emot-partyblower:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I have always liked the song.

I agree with others on here that, for me at least, it speaks of giving your best, and I particularly also like the rendition by David Bowie and Bing Crosby which speaks to me of Peace on Earth :emot-partyblower:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

No, not pagan because of the drum, but the message. Is our best really good enough to merit the approbation of God? What is the acceptable sacrifice, and did the drummer boy offer it?
Do you know what pagan worship REALLY is? it's not humanitarianism, it's really WORSHIPING false gods.
The term pagan is not as narrow as you think. It's synonymous with "heathen," which is used of any non-Christian. I don't think the song reflects Christianity, and it leads one to think that the works of our own hands are acceptable to God.

The acceptable sacrifice is described in Psalm 51:17, The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

And I'm guessing that you also believe that you don't have to do any "works" to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. While I know it does state that exact phrase in God's Word, HE also says that when you are living In HIS grace you will automatically have the want to do HIS works. So , while to say you don't need to do works to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is true, It is also truth to know that you will want to do HIS works when you are truly saved. Both thoughts work well together. And how are we to know it the song that "The Little Drummer Boy" may not have had a "broken spirt" that brought him to the point of song to begin with? Is is at least possible?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

No, not pagan because of the drum, but the message. Is our best really good enough to merit the approbation of God? What is the acceptable sacrifice, and did the drummer boy offer it?
Do you know what pagan worship REALLY is? it's not humanitarianism, it's really WORSHIPING false gods.
The term pagan is not as narrow as you think. It's synonymous with "heathen," which is used of any non-Christian. I don't think the song reflects Christianity, and it leads one to think that the works of our own hands are acceptable to God.

The acceptable sacrifice is described in Psalm 51:17, The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

And I'm guessing that you also believe that you don't have to do any "works" to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. While I know it does state that exact phrase in God's Word, HE also says that when you are living In HIS grace you will automatically have the want to do HIS works. So , while to say you don't need to do works to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is true, It is also truth to know that you will want to do HIS works when you are truly saved. Both thoughts work well together. And how are we to know it the song that "The Little Drummer Boy" may not have had a "broken spirt" that brought him to the point of song to begin with? Is is at least possible?

Theo hello brother.. Why don't you check your posts and see how many have to do with wanting to correct what you think is wrong with the world, christians, other peopleand now songs. I would like to see a encouraging word from you, a edifying word, a uplifting word, a good word of testimony from you life that may help others. Opinions are good, not fact and perhaps when you give one you can start by saying " it is my opinion". (I like a good argument but this is vain).

It will perhaps sound better that angry or bullyish..

By the way thats one of my favorite songs...all of us come to Jesus with nothing and he readily accepts us... patricia1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Why be so critical of such a simple song.

To me i speaks of obedience to the Gospel, sacrifice, and the joy of wasting our everything upon our dear precious Lord.

He honors the simple things.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus praised the widow for giving her coin. This is not works by salvation, it is giving our best for God

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Theo hello brother.. Why don't you check your posts and see how many have to do with wanting to correct what you think is wrong with the world, christians, other peopleand now songs. I would like to see a encouraging word from you, a edifying word, a uplifting word, a good word of testimony from you life that may help others. Opinions are good, not fact and perhaps when you give one you can start by saying " it is my opinion". (I like a good argument but this is vain).

It will perhaps sound better that angry or bullyish..

Shalom Patricia,

I was thinking the same things! Amen!

:blink:

By the way thats one of my favorite songs...all of us come to Jesus with nothing and he readily accepts us... patricia1

Amen!! :emot-drool::emot-eek:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

And I'm guessing that you also believe that you don't have to do any "works" to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. While I know it does state that exact phrase in God's Word, HE also says that when you are living In HIS grace you will automatically have the want to do HIS works.

This is true.

So , while to say you don't need to do works to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is true, It is also truth to know that you will want to do HIS works when you are truly saved. Both thoughts work well together. And how are we to know it the song that "The Little Drummer Boy" may not have had a "broken spirt" that brought him to the point of song to begin with? Is is at least possible?

Well :taped: , it's quite a reach, but if you want to look at it that way, go ahead.

Edited by Theopolitan

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Theo -

You didn't answer my question.

Do you know what worship is?

Guest Sopranette

Don't like the song, but only because it bores me to tears. Are you suggesting the drummer boy is heathen because he plays the drums? That would be incorrect. He is offering the only thing he has, mediocre talent on the drums, to the newborn King. No mention of a little drummer boy in the Bible, but then Christmas carols are a theological mess, anyway.

love,

Sopranette