• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Psalm 69:29-

But I am poor and sorrowful; Let Your Yeshua(Salvation), O God, set me up on high. I will praise the name of God with a song, and magnify Him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bull, which has horns and hoofs. The humble shall see this and be glad; And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord Hears the poor, and does not despise His prisoners.

Yeshua came to set men free. To give them a heart of flesh instead of a heart of stone. He left all the glory and splendor of His Heavenly Kingdom, Immanuel, God with us, and yet He created the World, the Universe, He owns everything. He did not come seeking silver and gold, but Hearts of men. The little drummer boy, poor and of a humble and contrite heart, plays a song of Praise to His King. The little drummer boy, having no possessions, money, silver, gold to offer, offers up the one thing he does have, his talant.

But this talant was given to him by His creator, whom He gives back by worshiping his Creator in music on his drum. You know, an earthly king can be showered with all kinds of material gifts from his subjects, but i bet if the truth be known, an earthly king would rather be loved by his subjects.

Remember king Saul how upset he got when the women were singing the song of how "Saul has slaid his thousands, and David his ten-thousands?"

Although he was still king, the hearts of the people were with a little shepherd boy named David.

With all the Christmas rush to buy gifts for loved ones this season, let us not forget whose birthday we are celebrating. What gift will you give Him.

What gift could we possibly give Him? He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, He owns everything! Does He own your heart? Does He as King of kings have your trust, loyalty, but most of all your heart and love?

Yeshua was wrapped in swaddeling cloths, lets not lose sight of Him among our wrapped packages this season of our joy. Let us join with the little drummer boy and all the heavenly host praising Him with all that He has given us.

Shalom

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Theo -

You didn't answer my question.

Do you know what worship is?

Sure I do. True worship can't be offered by unregenerate soul, but that's beside the point, and that's all I'll say about it.

Guest Biblicist

My sister said this about The Little Drummer Boy...

Here are Mary and Joseph, their dear sweet son had just been born, and he was probably sleeping peacefully.

Then here come the shepherds, likely dirty from being outside. And a kid brings out a drum. Did Mary nod and keep time to the music? NO. Joseph probably said...

"Hey, put that thing away, we just got him to sleep!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

My sister said this about The Little Drummer Boy...

Here are Mary and Joseph, their dear sweet son had just been born, and he was probably sleeping peacefully.

Then here come the shepherds, likely dirty from being outside. And a kid brings out a drum. Did Mary nod and keep time to the music? NO. Joseph probably said...

"Hey, put that thing away, we just got him to sleep!"

:emot-hug: That's the BEST post so far! Real world... :emot-hug::noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Theo -

Do you know what worship is?

Sure I do. True worship can't be offered by unregenerate soul, but that's beside the point, and that's all I'll say about it.

I pray the Lord douse you with His grace so that your mind and heart may understand it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I pray the Lord douse you with His grace so that your mind and heart may understand it.
This I gotta hear! How do you understand worship?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

"What are you looking for the devil for when you ought to be looking for the Lord?"

The Little Drummer offered what he had. I'm sure it gave joy to Gods' heart. Why is everyone trying to destroy Christmas?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

No, not pagan because of the drum, but the message. Is our best really good enough to merit the approbation of God? What is the acceptable sacrifice, and did the drummer boy offer it?
Do you know what pagan worship REALLY is? it's not humanitarianism, it's really WORSHIPING false gods.
The term pagan is not as narrow as you think. It's synonymous with "heathen," which is used of any non-Christian. I don't think the song reflects Christianity, and it leads one to think that the works of our own hands are acceptable to God.

The acceptable sacrifice is described in Psalm 51:17, The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

And I'm guessing that you also believe that you don't have to do any "works" to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. While I know it does state that exact phrase in God's Word, HE also says that when you are living In HIS grace you will automatically have the want to do HIS works. So , while to say you don't need to do works to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is true, It is also truth to know that you will want to do HIS works when you are truly saved. Both thoughts work well together. And how are we to know it the song that "The Little Drummer Boy" may not have had a "broken spirt" that brought him to the point of song to begin with? Is is at least possible?

Theo hello brother.. Why don't you check your posts and see how many have to do with wanting to correct what you think is wrong with the world, christians, other peopleand now songs. I would like to see a encouraging word from you, a edifying word, a uplifting word, a good word of testimony from you life that may help others. Opinions are good, not fact and perhaps when you give one you can start by saying " it is my opinion". (I like a good argument but this is vain).

It will perhaps sound better that angry or bullyish..

By the way thats one of my favorite songs...all of us come to Jesus with nothing and he readily accepts us... patricia1

Tell it like it is Sister in Christ. I've been sensing something "salty" about Theo as well for quite some time now even though I do find him interesting in a sense that he seems to try to find "another" or "a different take" on most matters. I only hope when he sees that most have a different opinion but resound to the Laws of the Word of God with their results and analysis, that Theo will come to terms with what he's dealing with in his life. I'm sure he's a man of God, like we can only hope that we are as well. And he's certainly entitled to his own approach to life as we all are. I just don't get a good sense of "Peace" and "Love" of fellowman when I hear the tones from his flexion as you would expect to hear from a "God Fearing/loving man.

Blessings Patricia and good to hear from ya'

Cajunboy

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Saints,

Let's try not to discuss Theo 3rd person. Address him directly...

Debating the value of a song is not an attempt to destoy Christmas. :emot-crying: It's a song...one that I personally like but that's me. I think it is a great metaphor for giving what we have to the Lord. Regardless, if someone else finds fault in it, so be it. It doesn't mean he doesn't know how to worship or that he is trying to destroy Christmas. It simply means that he has a different opinion than mine.

...and being salty is good... UNLESS too much salt is used. :emot-crying: George wrote a great devotional a few days ago about SALT and how it adds taste and helps preserve our food. A little salt is a good seasoning. :emot-crying:

Theo, keep asking the questions. No problem. My vote? I love the Little Drummer Boy song... pa rum pum pum pum! :emot-crying:

God Bless,

wayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This I gotta hear! How do you understand worship?

Well, first of all, I think I need to clarify that when I said, "may understand it," I meant, "may understand the Lord's grace."

But to answer your question:

Your previous post indicated that the only gift one can give God is a broken spirit (or broken, contrite heart), based on one verse in Scripture. Yet, we are told in other Scriptures to offer sacrifices of praise, to give Him thank offerings, to sing unto the Lord a new song, to bow down before Him, . . . . But the bottom line is that worship is love, it is surrender, yielding and submission.

Sure, you can debate the mechanics, such as "worshiping in spirit and in truth," or that 'true worship can't be offered by unregenerate soul," but that says nothing of what worship is.

In this song, a poor drummer boy wants to give a gift "to the newborn King," but what can a poor boy give? So he gives Him worship.

Would Jesus reject that?