• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Tiny Sparks and Great Fires

by Russell Kelfer

http://www.dtm.org/lessons/916a.htm?cfIndex=916a

http://www.dtm.org/LessonsOnLine/

So often the tongue is responsible, either for healing or destroying for encouraging or discouraging for building up or tearing down. Nothing we possess has greater potential for bringing sunlight into life's dark corners than does the tongue. But the problem is, conversely, nothing has more potential for literally destroying a man's spirit than does the tongue.

How many times have you walked out of a room leaving behind you the debris of wounded lives, scarred and injured by careless words and could honestly exclaim, "It must've been something I said. I know it was something I said. OH, WHY CAN'T I CONTROL MY TONGUE?"

Is it possible to control your tongue? Is it possible not to live on a highway paved with regrets over words you wish you'd never said? Is it possible not to have to spend the rest of your life having, constantly to ask forgiveness for things you uttered in anger or frustration? Is it possible to bring the tongue totally under control?

The answer is: If you're not a Christian: "NO!" The tongue is a run-away freight train. You can slow it down occasionally, but you cannot bring it under control. Now I didn't say that, the Bible did.) But if you're a Christian the answer is "YES." The tongue can be brought under control. In fact, if you want to be effective as a Christian, the tongue must be brought under control. And thus we come to the final segment of our study of Self-Control, using as our roadmap;

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for sharing

I am reminded of that scripture,

"Out of the heart the mouth speaks"

I have been guilty of saying the wrong things at times......

It's always so wonderful to say, "I'm sorry"...

GRACEXX :o