IGNORED

TV Shows

tigger398

Guest Biblicist

Thoughtful,

We should always strive to aline our beliefs with what God's word says about a subject. And God does address this very subject in His Word. :thumbsup:

Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting. Im not at all surprised at how many people disagree with me.

It's not that we disagree with you, it's that you engage in a kind of relativism. To equate the phony religion of Mormonism to Christianity is, well, relativistic.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked. (Gal 6:7a)

Guest starinhand
I was watching tv Sunday nite I turned on the comedy channel. This show was called Silverman or Sarah something. What ever it was it was horrible. I never saw such disrespect for God. I only watched a sec. of it and was disgusted by it. Why would people think these shows are funny.

you know what... I too have noticed that while everyone is still living in peace and quite happy, there is a lack in morality... Now you can blame whoever you want but I solely point the finger at all the good people in this world. You can not look at the sinners and blame them for sinning, what you need to do is look in the mirror and wonder why you have not saved them yet... Just my viewpoint on every situation I come across.

Edited by starinhand

Guest starinhand
When South Park aired their mocker against Mormonism, three churches i went to at the time were laughing and talking about it and glad that it finally showed the "craziness" of Smith and his tale of the angels and the tablets.

Why is that funny? Because we think they're wrong? Even if you dont find that "funny", i dont hear Christians standing up for Mormon's, who claim to believe in the same God just not in the same light.

Alright you know what... I dont want to overstep my mark by using words I should not use to explain what I think about Mormanism but frankly I think they are no more than a rediculous cult. They are trying to modify the Bible to fit their southern roots and what started off quite as racist American version of Christianity. Their tales of the Garden of Eden having been in America and Jesus one day returning to the south is blasphemous. It clearly states in Genesis that it was in Ethiopia and not only that but maps out Abrahams Journey across the middle east.

Next thing you know they're going to start saying the Jews weren't slaves in Egypt they were actually enslaved in California... The Mormans are rediculous and are in desperate need of saving.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Although I think it is very base humor to mock anyone (and not funny) I will only defend Christianity and not false religions and cults. My Lord and my God was mocked, spit upon, beaten, and crucified. You can read about it in the Gospels. This was not funny in the least. If you can laugh at Jesus or laugh at mockers jokes - mockers who have no religious convictions and are lusting after worldly pleasure such as money, drugs, etc. - then I suggest you re-examine your own convictions about Jesus the Christ. The Messiah. The Saviour. The King of kings and Lord of lords. The Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End.

"Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." Galatians 6:6-8

You mention God's judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah. God has always give people the chance to repent. He holds off judgment and always raises up people to speak the truth. Noah preached for many, many years as he built the Ark. Others mocked God but Noah stood firm. Noah and his family was saved. Lot lived in Soddom. He should have been standing his ground and preaching to those who were about to taste God's judgment. Read about the mocking that went on there.

Today Christ has the Church. We need to be standing firm and not joining in the mocking of our Lord. Judgment is coming and will happen before too much longer. Be sure that you are not among those mocking.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

"Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily."

"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

"Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,"

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

"Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:"

"And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS." Matthew 1:19-25

Woe! Woe! Woe!

"Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

"Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:"

"And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged."

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:5-8

Glory! Glory! Glory!

"And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid."

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

"And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,"

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:9-14

:)

Okay then, for all the God experts out there, what makes you think God cares about jokes made on TV or in movies?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonderful Question

Oh Yeah! Sorry About The Shortage Of God Experts

I Thought I Heard They All Traveled South For The Holidays :P

Could God Care More About The Jokers Watching TV

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Than About The Jesus-Mocking TV Jokes

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matthew 12:36

Is There Still Hope For Sinner Jesters

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." Romans 3:10-11

Does God Still Call

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

Even Jokesters

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

For By Grace We Are Saved

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

And Beloved By Grace We'll Walk

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Because The Lord Jesus Is Our Assurance

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-25

O Be Careful, Little Eyes

O be careful little eyes what you see

O be careful little eyes what you see

There's a Father up above

And He's looking down in love

So, be careful little eyes what you see

O be careful little ears what you hear

O be careful little ears what you hear

So, be careful little ears what you hear

O be careful little hands what you do

O be careful little hands what you do

So, be careful little hands what you do

O be careful little feet where you go

O be careful little feet where you go

So, be careful little feet where you go

O be careful little mouth what you say

O be careful little mouth what you say

So, be careful little mouth what you say

http://www.ebibleteacher.com/children/songs.htm#Careful

Merry Christmas

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe