MrsSealedEternal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

A threat by a Utah judge to take away a homeschooling mom's children if she failed to enroll them in public school, and make sure they were in attendance every day, has been escalated to the level of the state Legislature, according to a homeschooling leader.

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59263

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

That judge could be wrong, but was the mother keeping up with her records. I have homeschooled and approve those who do, but I know of a mother who said she did, yet failed to keep record and the local school district recorded 1 year out of these kids school years, these kids should have been near high school, She was abusing one child and loved the other, in her case it was get the children to school now or lose the kids, because of the nature of the abuse they took him anyway. This lady had once been a christian, then began consulting a witch who convinced her to stop taking her medication for major mental issues and take her down the road she went with her 2 children. In her case, she should have never been allowed to homeschool. Then I've saw the opposite and saw children blossom in homeschool.

candi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I don't know all those specifics in her case. According to the article, she claims she did file the needed exemption paperwork and she still has her copy but the school district does not have it for whatever the reasons are. She was a not a suspect or charged with neglect and/or abuse from what we are told in the article, but if she was doing that then that would be a seperate issue. The concern that I think is being raised here is if the school does not have the exemption papers for whatever reason (lost in the mail, misplaced, etc..) can they force you to enroll your kids in public schools? I have always mailed out the homeschool exemption papers via regular mail. It could happen to anyone who has sent their forms in this way. That is what this case appears to be about and why I think it is worth noting.

I don't want to get too off topic here, but let me just add that I believe certain chemical dependencies can be harmful and dangerous. Once one starts using them, they would need to to be careful if they try getting off of them, because of the bodily changes that can occur from their use. I have read articles of how some of them are supposed to disturb the use of the frontal lobe in the brain. Someone I knew, after decades of using all sorts of psychotropic drugs that were prescribed to him, went into the hospital for a surgery. They overlooked that he was taking certain psychotropic medications and neglected to give them to him for a couple of days. When he was visited after the surgery, he was in his hospital bed on the phone talking and it wasn't plugged in or on. When asked who he was talking to, he said it was Jesus.