Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

By the sounds of it Rufus, Patricia is absolutely positive of what she witnessed. I understand how you may have doubts, because you were not there. That doesn't mean it wasn't of the Holy Spirit.

OneLight

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

I tend to trust the Lord to guide us, lead us personally, especially when it comes to manifestations of the Spirit.

"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" Lk.11.11-13

If we know the Lord, why should we fear? He is faithful to guide us and protect us. If our eternal salvation is dependent upon him and not upon us, how much more should we trust the Lord with manifestations of the Spirit. Let's walk in faith, not fear and mistrust. God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind!

By the sounds of it Rufus, Patricia is absolutely positive of what she witnessed. I understand how you may have doubts, because you were not there. That doesn't mean it wasn't of the Holy Spirit.

OneLight

But it doesn't mean it was, either. :thumbsup: There's not enough information to say either way. Sometimes it is best to reserve judgment (meaning 'to declare definitively') until all the facts are in. My two cents. :rolleyes:

Not everything is meant for everybody. I know when the Holy Spirit works in my life, no matter what anyone else says, for or against. On certain matters, I am also like Thomas, doubting. In other things, I accept through faith. If it is important to me, God will make sure I understand.

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

first of all ruffie what kind would you like? I gave you facts that were medically proven.

I know the voice of my father due to the fact i conversate with him often throughout the last 25 yrs. Just as yoru farther were to call you on the phone, because you know him, you should recognize his voice.

If someone called and said it was your father and it was not I would hope you would know. Plus I also heard the voice of our enemey which comes in different voices. But there is no way on that dat did I hear from the enemy. the fruit was born and good.

Another thing again I say to you it was not a feeling...a experience,.

Your reference to Matthew : :35:

• I would not ever question my faith to the point in believing someone who says they are the christ is.
  • Jesus here is dicussing His return...and yes I HAVE ENCOUNTERED SUCH PEOPLE IN MY OWN CHURCH...WE QUIET THEM, the word here is show signs and wonders to lead people ASTRAY.
  • The beasts head was never wounded in the first place. Showing signs and wonders does not mean it is truth. It is trickery, deception. One must know the difference.
  • Test the spirits, their foundational beliefs scipturally,
  • It does not mean we have to accept everything we see but we are not to refrain from accepting the truth either. To me it is like never having a picnic due to the fact it may rain????
  • Nothing and I mean nothing gets by me just like the mods here. scrutiny is my middle name when I am in the church... to protect the witness Of Jesus as well as the church . To protect the lambs as well as the sheep. thanks for listening

Also I want to add something, when people give testimony of healing one needs to have documentation that it was needed, and the healing occurred. In Hinns ministry especially. afterwards one is given paper to jot down their names their doctors name and phone number as well; if they cannot to this it is not accredited to a healing . As well in most churches.

And I will tell you.if you saw a madman in chains become sane you'd believe also, that is another reason for the guy with legions...everyone knew him..

Ohhh Sherman , How at times I rejoice that my brains spilled out and at other times I wish I had them back. I use to analyze everything. Not only to study myself approved...but to try disprove the word of God. That lump at the top of my head met with a very heavy handed baseball bat in several places. :)

My family thought I went nutz when I got saved..because I showed lack of logic and believed in something non tangible in their eyes... :) patricia1

Guest bigblue

The Bible says let evrything be done in decency and in order. How can a woman in a skirt fall and that look decent? Like that is direct opposite of what God's Word says. I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as slain in the Spirit. I believe that the only time we should bow or fall to someone is to Jesus and Jesus alone.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

I spent many years in a "Pentecostal movement" church. I have been "slain in the Spirit" many times. I have a word for it now:

Hogwash!

Such "services" (church, revival, evangelist, etc) are long on emotion, hyper, intense, whipped-up roller-coasters, where the power of suggestion and mental pictures and flesh feeding on the emotions runs completely amok. There is so much mental noise and people feeding the lusts of their flesh on "Christianity" (so-called), it makes me dizzy.

There are no instances in the scripture where anyone is EVER "slain in the Spirit" -- just horse-hockey!

Guest bigblue
I spent many years in a "Pentecostal movement" church. I have been "slain in the Spirit" many times. I have a word for it now:

Hogwash!

Such "services" (church, revival, evangelist, etc) are long on emotion, hyper, intense, whipped-up roller-coasters, where the power of suggestion and mental pictures and flesh feeding on the emotions runs completely amok. There is so much mental noise and people feeding the lusts of their flesh on "Christianity" (so-called), it makes me dizzy.

There are no instances in the scripture where anyone is EVER "slain in the Spirit" -- just horse-hockey!

I totally agree! You are right. Hogwash! Or in a word, JUNK! Amen to HisMindinme!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

so you do not believe the scriptures given to you as stable and truth in regards to being put to sleep in the spirit of God. I much rather belive in Healing through the blood of Jesus who Is my only Hope then believe in emminant demise.

Doctors have no explanation for me being alive. I suppose satan gave me life hnh...If you had a terminal illness you will not seek out Jesus' healing touched and accept the why he chose to heal you.? My, My. Not all is hogwash my sisters and brothers... How does one QUENCH the Spirit Biblically? i would like to understand your perspective on this mattter perhaps there is already another thread from long ago or we can start one. thanks :35: patricia1

HisMindinme and bigblue,

I disagree with you whole heartedly in certain cases that I know are true and from the Spirit. I will agree that there are those who are false, but you should be very careful on how you dis the Holy Spirit. Take heed!

Matthew 12:33-37

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.