• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

Sad, but Jesus did not promise us anything less. He told us we would face this. I pray for all the people of Bethlehem, protection for believers and new hearts for those outside the faith. :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

Yes, please pray. The remaining Christians in Beit Jalla and Bethlehem are under terrible pressure. I hear them adopting Islamic terminology in their speech and I can easily understand that they need to seem like their neighbors to survive. Beit Jalla is still mostly Christian but Beit Sahur is fast becoming a Moslem town. Since their Christianity is mostly nominal, many are spiritually weak. Please pray that they will turn in truth to the faith they claim.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

imagination at work: whenever i read these sorts of posts, i imagine that all believers in the states migrate to bethlehem. there is power in numbers. ahhh well . . . just a fantasy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

While atheistic liberals are busy here and in Europe trying to bring about a Christian free WORLD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers for them . . .

And that Bush, Rice and the others would wake up and smell th coffee - Palestinian control does not equal freedom. :wub:

I went to the Church of the Nativity just shortly after the last intifada had begun (May 2001)

It was creepy. They have divided the church 3 ways; Eastern Orthodox, Armenian, and Roman Catholic. The "priests" in the Orthodox and the Armenian churches made the Catholic priests look like Billy Graham. The Armenian priest was burning incense standing on a pentagram in a purple KKK suit. Everyone was kissing a golden-encased hole in the ground.

On most walls of the city of Bethlehem was written in arabic, "First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people" (Jews first, then the christians). The christians of Bethlehem live under persecution and occupation from Islam.

I never want to go back!

:noidea:

I don't believe Jesus was born at that particular hole in the ground for even one second. It's just another religious relic. Ugghh.

But apparently that was the place where St Jerome divided the Word into chapters and verses about 150 A.D.

I suppose that is cool history...