• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  402
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1959

Welcome to Worthy Andie.

Don't give up on prayer, find the reasons to praise the Lord.

God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Welcome to Worthy! I'm glad you found this board and I know that there will be people on here that can help you. I am going to give my opinion here, though, and maybe it will help a little.

Your prayers are not causing bad things to happen. That's not how God works. It just sounds as if you are going through some very trying times and this can make everything around you seem bad. Are you a Christian? I hope so. You say that you pray.....do you know Jesus? Do you read your Bible? I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it is important. The Bible is where you will find comfort and guidance. It is there you will come to know who Jesus is and just how much He loves you...and your husband, daughter, and mother. Now, do you attend church? If not I urge you to find a Christ centered, Bible believing church. Fellowship with Christians and be sure that you are right with God. Often times people want God to be there when they ask Him to do something for them, but never seek a real relationship with God when they don't need Him. You have so many problems that are weighing on you that really need God's help. Read and study your Bible. Pray daily -- hourly -- every minute. He does hear you and will answer you when the time is right and all things are in order.

You ask what or who do people pray to who don't have God. Well, I don't know. There is only one God and if you don't pray to Him you are praying to nothing.

I hope you will keep talking to us. Maybe someone here can really help you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Dear Lord,

There are so many needs here and You are able to help. I pray to You that You will hear the prays of Audie1221 and comfort her and guide her. Please touch her husbands heart and soften it. Please help her daughter to heal. Draw this lady close to You.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Welcome to Worthy! I'm glad you found this board and I know that there will be people on here that can help you. I am going to give my opinion here, though, and maybe it will help a little.

Your prayers are not causing bad things to happen. That's not how God works. It just sounds as if you are going through some very trying times and this can make everything around you seem bad. Are you a Christian? I hope so. You say that you pray.....do you know Jesus? Do you read your Bible? I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it is important. The Bible is where you will find comfort and guidance. It is there you will come to know who Jesus is and just how much He loves you...and your husband, daughter, and mother. Now, do you attend church? If not I urge you to find a Christ centered, Bible believing church. Fellowship with Christians and be sure that you are right with God. Often times people want God to be there when they ask Him to do something for them, but never seek a real relationship with God when they don't need Him. You have so many problems that are weighing on you that really need God's help. Read and study your Bible. Pray daily -- hourly -- every minute. He does hear you and will answer you when the time is right and all things are in order.

You ask what or who do people pray to who don't have God. Well, I don't know. There is only one God and if you don't pray to Him you are praying to nothing.

I hope you will keep talking to us. Maybe someone here can really help you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Dear Lord,

There are so many needs here and You are able to help. I pray to You that You will hear the prays of Audie1221 and comfort her and guide her. Please touch her husbands heart and soften it. Please help her daughter to heal. Draw this lady close to You.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

Thank you for time and advice. I do attend church and read my bible not regurlarly or not as much as I should. The reason I asked who or what or even how do people who don't have God in their lives is because I have always prayed and talked to God but now I am afraid to talk to God because I promise you bad things do happen shortly after I pray. I have never been afraid to pray pr talk to God until now. So I find myself wondering who can I talk to. I have asked God to please help me and don't let bad things happen whenever I pray. I feel so trapped, like I have nowhere to turn or no one who understands me or what I am going through.

I have been such a failure and disappointment. I always seem to make the wrong choices even when consulting God first. Anyhow thanks again for your good advice.

Edited by Andie1221

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Good. You read your Bible and you attend church. Could you talk with your pastor? Is there a ladies prayer group or Bible study you could get involved with? I think that maybe you need the support of fellow Christians. Does your husband attend church? Maybe he needs to talk with the pastor too. It is not God's will that any of us suffer and you seem to be going through a real tough time. Please don't blame God, though. I have not gone through what you are going through, but there was a time in my life when God just seemed to be ignoring me. I was hurting inside and wanted God to make things better. The more I blamed Him the unhappier I became. I went into a real rebellion and then blamed God more (even though it wasn't Him that was causing it all). When I look back I can see that God was molding me and that to answer my prayers He also needed to mold other people. So for a few years His answer to me was "Wait". It was hard and I didn't do well. But l can see now why things went the way they did and that God's plan was bigger than my ideas. If I would have allowed God to use me the way He wanted I would have been happier and people around me would have been happier, too.

Maybe this time that you are going through is a molding experience for you. You can't control what your husband does or your daughter. You can hurt for them and because of them, but you can only control your own self. Keep praying about this. When I married my husband he was difficult to live with. Not horrible, but difficult. I prayed and prayed. It took a few years, but he finally met Jesus and I have been astounded at the changes that Jesus made in him. He's not difficult at all now to live with! I know that God hears prayers and answers. But sometimes it take a while for Him to get everyone ready for His answer.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hello, Andie, and welcome to Worthy! :emot-heartbeat: I am no expert on the issues you wrote about but I suggest that you investigate options through your county mental health center or social services. There is help out there for your daughter; it's just a matter of finding it. If you have a pastor, talk to him/her about your problems with your husband. If not, seek any help you can find. You should not have to deal with that kind of treatment. As for the praying bringing misfortune, it sometimes does bring the evil one down on your head when you get closer to God (happened to me too!) Rebuke him in Jesus' name (yes, aloud) and send him packing. Demonic forces or satan himself have no power over a true believer. I will pray for the strength you need to deal with these things. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

I have similair issues with my husband, but not quite as severe as your stating. I find that Its Gods way of producing the "good fruit" in me, his child. Im really learning how to bite my tongue in alot of issues and how to control my anger so it doesnt produce in a negative way. As Gods child doesnt mean you wont face tough times, its impossible to grow spiritually without facing some rough rough bumps to build our character in this world- so the good Lord can use and help us more approprietely. When we decide we are Christians, doesnt mean our problems will go away. Means we have to pick up our cross and follow Jesus. I believe each individual cross can be extremely diverse than anothers, depending on Gods will for us and how much the good Lord knows we can personallly handle. As for the praying you have to keep in mind the Devil doesnt try to stop interfering with our relationship with our Father. You stop praying he wins, we loose. Thats the plan. To try to take away Gods glory. So he uses us weak little dirty things to try to harm the good Lord. But- I assure you God listens and he loves each of us. Go to him wholeheartedly, with a innocent, loving heart and beg for understanding, strength and wisdom during these difficult times.

Heatherxoxoxo :emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise