• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

I am new to this board please forgive me if this is not appropriate for this board. However I am having a lot of problems and needs some help so here goes :

I am having a difficult time with my prayer life. This has been going on for many months now. I know this will sound strange but here goes.... Almost every time I pray shortly afterwards something bad happens either to me or a member of my family. It is no coincidence and I am not imagining this. I am to the point where I am afraid to pray and I know that is what the devil wants. People have told me to keep praying anyhow. but when I do something bad happens.Either a physical problem, or a severe argument with people. or my daughter will do something bad. Harrassing neighbors. I mean the list goes on and on of all the bad things that happen.

So what am I suppose to do? the more I pray the worse things get. I honestly don't know what to do. One of my main questions which will no doubt sound stupid is What or who do people pray to when they don't have God. I don't mean anything bad or insulting towards God but it is obvious that God has me on ignore. So who do people talk to when they don't have God in their lives? My family and I need help. We are in much need of prayer.

I am still having trouble with my daughter. she has been in a special school in Illinois for adolescents who have had neurological problems. she is 14 and had learning disabilities due to bilateral hemorages at birth. And the damage had manifested itself in her behavior. She also has a thyroid problem that we can not find a doctor to treat her. Do to our financial situation we have to use state health insurance which limits us to the type of facility or care that would be of more or help to her. But anyhow this is the best one we could find. She came home for Christmas break and things have not gone well and she is very unruly, has psychotic episodes where she is completely out of control. She has obsessions that she can't seem to work through or get past. It is ruining all of our lives, because she becomes destructive.

Also, I am having a lot of trouble in my marriage. He hates all my family and friends and is always rude and mean towards others and very critical and judgmental . Never friendly or kind or understanding; My Mother is a widow and I am her only child living she is 85 and is fairly good health, she has some health issues which is expected for her age. My husband won't keep a job he is a OTR driver. He is a job hopper and he is either on workers comp or has some excuse for not keeping a job for very long. He is not providing for us. If it wasn't for my mother we would be out on the streets living under a bridge. I work what I can but my husband has been so rude and mean to my customers when they call and because of that I have lost a lot of business. So now I am drawing food stamps which is so embarrassing. He has done some really crappy things to me and my daughter I dont mean abusive just mean. He has threatened me and my family if I divorce him. And my health is not real good, I have diabetic retinopathy and have been having laser treatments, my vision has been slightly impaired due to this condition. So I need him to help me drive long distances. He does have some good qualities, but his bad out weigh the good. He is always causing trouble between family and friends even with his own mother.

Sorry to dump all this. but I feel like I have no where to turn. I am a nervous wreck I stay tense and upset, rarely a day goes by that I am not crying. I want my daughter to get help and get better at least to where she can be somewhat independent and be in control of her behavior I want my husband and family to get along and for him not to be so controlling and self centered. My finances are so low due to having to get help my daughter and to visit her. the travel expenses are extensive. It is about a 10 hour drive give or take a few minutes from home to where she has been staying in Ill. and this is only temporary, after this I have NO where to get help for her.

And this Thursday and Friday she had more aggressive out breaks. Which resulted in calling 911 having her admitted in to a medical hospital in Lousiville ky then being transfered to a mental facility. We literally spent 10 hours in the emergency room before they even admitted her. She is such a sweet girl most of the time but her hormones are so out of kilter and no one will listen to me and try to help her. So please I will consider any advice.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Praise the Lord......Welcome to Worthy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I want to welcome you to Worthy first. There are those on this site that are in your shoes. It would be best if you sought them out, because if I tried to answer, I'd be only guessing as to how the best way would be for you to proceed, except for the fact that Jesus will never give you more then you and Him can handle together. Do not give up on your prayer time.

I know this is not much advice, but read my signature.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i can empathize. a scripture verse i keep in mind in the dark times: (from hebrews 11:6)

. . . for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

i believe Him.

I want to welcome you to Worthy first. There are those on this site that are in your shoes. It would be best if you sought them out, because if I tried to answer, I'd be only guessing as to how the best way would be for you to proceed, except for the fact that Jesus will never give you more then you and Him can handle together. Do not give up on your prayer time.

I know this is not much advice, but read my signature.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

Thank you

i can empathize. a scripture verse i keep in mind in the dark times: (from hebrews 11:6)

. . . for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

i believe Him.

Thank you for reading and responding

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome

Welcome

Thanks

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Welcome to Worthy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I spent much of my late 20's/early 30's feeling like everything I touched, blew up in my face, that God wasn't listening and had even left me. I look back now and see where those things, changed me for the better, made me stronger, made me a seeker of the Word and then a doer of the Word, not a Sunday Christian only filling up a pew. We are given the gift of trust, not a spirit of fear, keep knocking and seeking and yearning for the word, yes its tough going through the fire, but so rewarding in the end!

God bless and keep you and you will be in my prayers!

Ohhh and Welcome to Worthy!