• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/24/1973

I wanted to read some of your stories of love towards people.

Give one story out of your life that demonstrated to you what love looks like.

either love toward you or your love towards another.

Thanks.

well, i could give a lot of stories.... but the one that is looming in my mind is the one that just happened... my unsaved daughter was getting married and even though nobody at my church even knows her, they all pitched in to GIVE her the perfect wedding... collectively, they decorated the church, they did the photography, the videography, the technical stuff with the sound, the piano, the vocals, the hair & makeup, the whole nine yards.

ok, let me go back though. now christmas is always a rough time of year for us, but a few years ago we had just finished buying the gifts for the girls. we didn't have anything left over, but mark came home from work and told me about a woman who worked in the office who he'd caught outside crying on her lunch break. he asked what was wrong, and even though she barely knew his name, she spilled her guts to him. she had four young sons, her husband had been injured and was out of work, and christmas wasn't coming to their house that year.

i told mark to pick up the phone and call her, and tell her we were going to take her out shopping for her children. she would give them christmas. i didn't know HOW we were going to do it, but we were. so while he called her, i went to the mailbox. when i came in, i opened up a christmas card and out dropped a check for $200. i held the check out to mark with tears in my eyes and said "tell her we're going tomorrow."

well, i could give a lot of stories.... but the one that is looming in my mind is the one that just happened... my unsaved daughter was getting married and even though nobody at my church even knows her, they all pitched in to GIVE her the perfect wedding... collectively, they decorated the church, they did the photography, the videography, the technical stuff with the sound, the piano, the vocals, the hair & makeup, the whole nine yards.

ok, let me go back though. now christmas is always a rough time of year for us, but a few years ago we had just finished buying the gifts for the girls. we didn't have anything left over, but mark came home from work and told me about a woman who worked in the office who he'd caught outside crying on her lunch break. he asked what was wrong, and even though she barely knew his name, she spilled her guts to him. she had four young sons, her husband had been injured and was out of work, and christmas wasn't coming to their house that year.

i told mark to pick up the phone and call her, and tell her we were going to take her out shopping for her children. she would give them christmas. i didn't know HOW we were going to do it, but we were. so while he called her, i went to the mailbox. when i came in, i opened up a christmas card and out dropped a check for $200. i held the check out to mark with tears in my eyes and said "tell her we're going tomorrow."

It brought tears to mine, and i only read it.

you lived it. Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I'm like Lady C, I have been on the receiving end of lots of love.

When I was on the verge of dying in a parking lot, unable to move or cry out for help, many people walked past me but one lady, I later found out she was a cleaning lady, stopped and cradled me in her arms yelled for help. She stayed with me until the paramedics arrived, then vanished.

marnie, i'm just astounded that people were walking by you and not even caring! i hope God blessed that cleaning woman's socks off for stopping to hold you and get help for you.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

marnie, i'm just astounded that people were walking by you and not even caring! i hope God blessed that cleaning woman's socks off for stopping to hold you and get help for you.

You know, I have thought about that for years. In my OCD haze, I counted 8 men walking by, some talking on their phones, or to eachother, others glancing at me and then walking faster. I guess I just looked drunk, maybe? I dunno...people don't like to get involved. Plus, I was sort of sandwiched between two cars, too. It's not the best part of town, in DC. I give them the benefit of the doubt. Many times I have prayed for that little lady. I don't know what ever became of her, but for me, she demonstrated more Christlikeness than I have ever seen since. I believe G-d sent her to me to save my life and to show me, in very dramatic fashion, the essence of "loving your neighbor."

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

You know, I have thought about that for years. In my OCD haze, I counted 8 men walking by, some talking on their phones, or to eachother, others glancing at me and then walking faster. I guess I just looked drunk, maybe? I dunno...people don't like to get involved. Plus, I was sort of sandwiched between two cars, too. It's not the best part of town, in DC. I give them the benefit of the doubt. Many times I have prayed for that little lady. I don't know what ever became of her, but for me, she demonstrated more Christlikeness than I have ever seen since. I believe G-d sent her to me to save my life and to show me, in very dramatic fashion, the essence of "loving your neighbor."

:thumbsup: I pray God bless her also, for so many reason, but especially because she helped save a very wonderful person, whom I have been blessed by!

most drunk people don't have blood pooling around them from a slit throat. i guess you're more generous than i am, i wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. at least not the ones who glanced down at ya. some of them probably never knew you were there though.

i think tonight i'll say a little prayer for that lady too.

and maybe even for those men who didn't stop to help.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Every other week or so I would frequent this establishment. I had been going there for a couple of years, then one day, out of no where, a homeless man appeared. I saw him inside the establishment my next three visits. I thought it strange that this business would allow him to stay inside, where customers would feel intimidated. Nevertheless, they did. The first time I saw him, I tried to act as though he wasn't there...thinking that he would attempt to talk to me or ask me for something. He only spoke, "God Bless You." I responded, "And you as well." I thought...that was an unanticipated greeting. The second time I saw him, we exchanged similiar greetings as before. Finally, the final and third time I saw him, I felt led to share with him financially. While it wasn't much, I gave him $20. More than I had ever given a street person...and he wasn't begging. When he received the money, he said, "God Bless You, my sister." My sister? I thought...could he have been...naw. Immediately I was remnded about the scripture in Hebrew 13:1,2 Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Because I never saw the homeless man again, I couldn't help but wonder if he had been put in my path as a test.

:thumbsup:

the best reading of the sovergn hand of god is our lives before us.

Keep going, more, more..