• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

Had a couple of chains on this topic a few months ago:discerning if God or not and massive deception going on. 1John 4:1-6 key Scripture, remembering from 1 Corinthians 14 that "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace".

"Radio Bible Class" back in the early 1990s had in one of their "Daily Bread" the phrase "hit and run visitors". As I recall, was referring to a horrible thought/mind picture/etc. coming to someone. Lots of times making the person think that they must really be an awful person. 1 John 4:3 spirit. However, had a significant number of experiences with "good thoughts" which 1 John 4:1-6 and other Scriptures{prayer indeed included} showed source. Satan/devil/etc.

If "a still, small voice" says "Jesus Christ is Lord" or "God is Love" lots of Christians would think/teach source was "God".

Yes, indeed, might very well be "God". 2 Thessalonians 2:4 one.

Yes I believe it was God, and on top of that I have asked for patience and self-control with my anger with my husband. As a matter of fact we got into a fight over money, and i thought to myself that wasnt tenderness of heart. ugh.

Heatherxoxo

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

What you heard is scriptural and points to Christ Jesus b/c you know you can't do it on your own - you're going to have to have His help - plus all believers should strive for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I was sleeping, or half sleeping and I kept hearing the same phrase. While I was sleeping or half sleeping I kept talking to myself about it. But what the phrase was "be gentle tongued, and tender hearted". Anyones opinion is welcome. This phrase was intense while I was knocked out and than when I awoke. :laugh:

Heatherxoxoxo :)

It sounds like God was talking to you or giving you a message. Bny time something like you discribed happens we should always ask God for a conformation if we have any doubts at all. If it was God He will always give you a conformation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/14/1970

Yes I believe it was God, and on top of that I have asked for patience and self-control with my anger with my husband. As a matter of fact we got into a fight over money, and i thought to myself that wasnt tenderness of heart. ugh.

Heatherxoxo

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Doesn't sound like God at all to me. Was taught about hypnagogic and hypnopompic states during intense teachings by The Holy Spirit-guessing that was part of OP's experience.

Doesn't sound like God at all to me. Was taught about hypnagogic and hypnopompic states during intense teachings by The Holy Spirit-guessing that was part of OP's experience.

Well ive thought about it, and prayed about it. Ive come to the conclusion it is the behavior I should be exibiting in my day to day lifestyle. Its something im struggling with- if it brings me closer to God and was from the devil. God used that devil to bring me to him. What comes to mind is when Joseph said to his brothers "what you intended for evil God intended for good."

Thank you everyone 4 your responses!!! I appreciated everyones imput.

Love-

Heatherxoxox ;)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Well ive thought about it, and prayed about it. Ive come to the conclusion it is the behavior I should be exibiting in my day to day lifestyle. Its something im struggling with- if it brings me closer to God and was from the devil. God used that devil to bring me to him. What comes to mind is when Joseph said to his brothers "what you intended for evil God intended for good."

Love-

Heatherxoxox :emot-hug:

Yes, but 1 Timothy 4:1 and the fact that 1John 4:1 is a COMMANDMENT from The HOLY Spirit to test the spirits to see if they are from God or not. I went {still am} thru horrible trials starting circa 1991 and have been taught unshareable things. Failed a number of times and have been punished supernaturally more than one.

Seducing spirits-simple case, lots of people would want to be hearing from God {pride attack}. Also hearing from the Enemy {wow, must be really important to...}. Much much more to consider.

Remember the Gospels and Acts: unclean/evil spirits were told to be SILENT {by Jesus, Paul}-they may or may not speak the truth, but WE ARE TO resist....

John 14 thru John 17.

Agape and peace-whole armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18. Ron...

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes

Love-

Heatherxoxox :taped:

Yes, but 1 Timothy 4:1 and the fact that 1John 4:1 is a COMMANDMENT from The HOLY Spirit to test the spirits to see if they are from God or not. I went {still am} thru horrible trials starting circa 1991 and have been taught unshareable things. Failed a number of times and have been punished supernaturally more than one.

Seducing spirits-simple case, lots of people would want to be hearing from God {pride attack}. Also hearing from the Enemy {wow, must be really important to...}. Much much more to consider.

Remember the Gospels and Acts: unclean/evil spirits were told to be SILENT {by Jesus, Paul}-they may or may not speak the truth, but WE ARE TO resist....

John 14 thru John 17.

Agape and peace-whole armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18. Ron...

I agree with you. But- In the bible it says God allows and can deny everything. It could be a test, but the message was self-control and love. I believe with all my heart it was sent by God. I also know if it was sent by a wandering spirit etc I know God had to allow it. Because God is sovereign. So If its a case of me following spirits or him, Im going to follow him. But the message I will take heed too because that too will bring me closer to the Father. :)

Heatherxoxox