• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1962

Someone asked me this and I wanted to share it with you as well. Why am I homesick? Here is what I told them...

I guess I am homesick, because I see how aweful this world really has become. I watch the news each night thinking, can it really get any worse...and it does. You know, I go to some other forums, and see Christians quarraling over doctrines that they have been taught, and how it doesn't magnify JESUS, and my heart breaks. There are new Christians that see this behavior and turn away from their faith...it makes you wonder sometimes, what side these, "Christians" are on. Then there are those that do not know JESUS as a PERSONAL SAVIOR, and they run from this, because they see how we act towards one another. There is a lack of love among the brethen. The enemy comes in to steal, kill and destroy all that is good and of the LORD. We know this, and yet, we fall into his trap, so easily. In visions, I see the harvest is plenty, and the labourers are few. Who among us will go in to reap the harvest?

Matthew 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Then there is the feeling of this all being surreal. It is like watching a movie that you know is fantasy, but it really is happening. Somehow, our emotional state has become so bombarded with these things, that we loose our sense of direction. If we don't stay focused on JESUS and HIS WORD, we loose our perceptive ability, to know what is really happening around us. We become numb to it. The Bible warns us of this.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

1 Corinthians 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I don't want to loose my focus. That is why I continue to look for the Promise that is coming. That promise, is JESUS returning for HIS CHILDREN. I am looking forward to that day and celebrating in HEAVEN with you and all other Christians and JEWS that have accepted the MESSIAH.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/27/1962

Bump.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I also feel homesick at times. As I read the news and study prophecy I get a bit excited that time seems to be very short. But there is also an urgency to tell just one more person about Jesus before it is too late.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

It's like when you tire from a competition, you want to stop - catch your breath. But we cant', our race is not done.

1Cr 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Hbr 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Hbr 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

One day, family - one day. :laugh:

:th_praying:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Hebrews 11:10

:24:

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Hebrews 11:16

:24:

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Revelation 22:3-4

:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Someone asked me this and I wanted to share it with you as well. Why am I homesick? Here is what I told them...

I guess I am homesick, because I see how awful this world really has become.

We are in a race, onetiggerroo and ahead we can see Jesus, our home and finish line.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us," Heb 12:1.

You are never on your own, onetiggerroo, even if sometimes it may feel like it.

I rather like the story of Elisha who was being pestered by his servant to get a move on and start running away from people out to get him. Just to keep his servant quiet, Elisha asked God to open the eyes of the servant to the reality of the situation, which God did, and the servant saw that uncountable armies of the Lord were camped all around to protect Elisha.

All we need to do is keep looking ahead to our new home. God does the rest for us.

Be diligent, yes, but never worry.

May love, joy and peace fill your life with the beauty of Jesus Christ waiting for you up ahead.

I can see the love in his eyes as he looks at you, with his arms stretched out to give you a hug when you arrive.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/11/1969

I dont feel that the answer is all that difficult to find in this question,why we are homesick.

When you are away from someone you love so very much,dont you miss them and want to be rejoined to them again? Well, I believe it is that simple.. We are homesick,because we want to go HOME..This world has nothing for me...this is not our home...these verses make real good sense to the Christan who is missing thier savior...Dont you agree?

I think..WE think to much on some things... :whistling:

I guess I am homesick, because I see how aweful this world really has become. I watch the news each night thinking, can it really get any worse...and it does. You know, I go to some other forums, and see Christians quarraling over doctrines that they have been taught, and how it doesn't magnify JESUS, and my heart breaks. There are new Christians that see this behavior and turn away from their faith...it makes you wonder sometimes, what side these, "Christians" are on. Then there are those that do not know JESUS as a PERSONAL SAVIOR, and they run from this, because they see how we act towards one another. There is a lack of love among the brethen. The enemy comes in to steal, kill and destroy all that is good and of the LORD. We know this, and yet, we fall into his trap, so easily. In visions, I see the harvest is plenty, and the labourers are few. Who among us will go in to reap the harvest?

Matthew 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Then there is the feeling of this all being surreal. It is like watching a movie that you know is fantasy, but it really is happening. Somehow, our emotional state has become so bombarded with these things, that we loose our sense of direction. If we don't stay focused on JESUS and HIS WORD, we loose our perceptive ability, to know what is really happening around us. We become numb to it. The Bible warns us of this.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

1 Corinthians 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I don't want to loose my focus. That is why I continue to look for the Promise that is coming. That promise, is JESUS returning for HIS CHILDREN. I am looking forward to that day and celebrating in HEAVEN with you and all other Christians and JEWS that have accepted the MESSIAH.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I don't want to loose my focus. That is why I continue to look for the Promise that is coming. That promise, is JESUS returning for HIS CHILDREN. I am looking forward to that day and celebrating in HEAVEN with you and all other Christians and JEWS that have accept

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

God is able to stop all of the foolishness going on in the world, but certain responsibilities have been given to we the believers:

2 Chronicles 7,

13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The people who are called by His name are now we the Christians, since the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. Therefore, since the land is a grievous mess, it must be that those who believe are living as if they are of the world, not repenting, and not praying. At least not enough of us are praying for God to heal our lands.