WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hillary Clinton, like her husband is corrupt. Just because she doesn't belong to the Mormon Church doesn't make her any better than Romney. In reality, most Mormons are far more moral than the general population, opposing abortion and homosexual marriage. Hillary Clinton can claim to be a Christian all she wants, but anyone that supports the barbarack practice of sucking the brains out of a living baby as it is being born is no Christian in my book, and is more a child of the devil than a pro-life man who happens to be a Mormon. Romney is not my first choice, but he is hands down better than Hillary Clinton.

Morality isn't the issue for me; it's judgement. If a man can't tell the difference between a cult and religion...why in heck would anyone vote for him? Since Huckabee looks like he is fading, and he is my first choice, I would reluctantly support McCain but I don't believe he'll be nominated either. I would have voted for Thompson too but he's out. Guiliani....only if I'm desperate. Ron Paul....not in a million years. So that just leaves Mr. Romney and faced with a choice between him and the known quantity of Hillary, I would vote for her. I think that would be termed a 'backlash' vote. And Romney was pro-choice too until he realized that wouldn't get votes from Republicans. :emot-shakehead:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i certainly won't be joining you in voting hillary if it comes to that. romney isn't running for pastor of my church, he's running for president. and i honestly don't think he would do too terribly, although he hasn't gained my entire confidence.

Thats about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Technically, there is only ONE true church...so you could say that EVERYONE else is a card carrying member of the satanic church, including Hillary since she preaches humanism and agnosticism. I'm guessing you know very little about the modern Mormon church and its beliefs.

I will agree that Hillary is smart...but she supports murdering babies and homosexuality too...so she isn't exactly moral. I'll take a mormon with morals, over a Christian with none, anyday.

Sorry, Axxman, but you guess wrong. I have studied the Mormons and their beliefs. Totally unbibical. As for Romney, he doesn't have the judgement to not be a Mormon. That says it all. I don't require a saint in the White House....just someone who can do the job. If we stopped voting for anyone who supported things we didn't believe in.....there would be NO ONE on the ticket. And as for the one true church, you're right about that, but almost no one in this country can agree on which one that is. Other than born again Christians, of course.

so you won't vote for romney because he doesn't have the good sense to reject mormonism and accept Christ?

glory, please don't take this offensively. i like you. but you're applying a double standard here. hillary doesn't have the good sense to reject her "faith" in whatever it is that she has faith in (and we don't know since she never mentions Jesus, but we do know it certainly doesn't line up with scripture any more than mormon beliefs do).

so you won't vote for romney because he doesn't have the good sense to reject mormonism and accept Christ?

glory, please don't take this offensively. i like you. but you're applying a double standard here. hillary doesn't have the good sense to reject her "faith" in whatever it is that she has faith in (and we don't know since she never mentions Jesus, but we do know it certainly doesn't line up with scripture any more than mormon beliefs do).

No, no double standard. I know Ms. Clinton is pretty secular. But she hasn't professed a belief in the prophet Joseph Smith (false prophet) and the book of mormon (false bible). Mormons are cultists, baptise the dead, think God came from another planet and had physical relations with the Virgin Mary, and believe they can become Gods themselves. And that's just the short list. No, at least I understand where Hillary is coming from. Mormons are beyond anything that makes sense to me. :emot-shakehead:

has she professed a commitment and belief to God? because if not, then she serves the exact same master that romney serves. i know all about what mormons do and believe by the way. my son in law is one, and my daughter seems to be becoming brainwashed. please keep her in your prayer.

has she professed a commitment and belief to God? because if not, then she serves the exact same master that romney serves. i know all about what mormons do and believe by the way. my son in law is one, and my daughter seems to be becoming brainwashed. please keep her in your prayer.

I'm not sure about Ms. Clinton's beliefs. I just know her stand on issues. I don't care about Romney's religion; I just care that he is so weak minded he would believe the false teaching of the book of mormon. We don't need an addle pated President.

I will pray for your daughter, Lady C; hopefully your Christian influence will be strong enough to keep her out of that stuff. :emot-shakehead:

... i know all about what mormons do and believe by the way. my son in law is one, and my daughter seems to be becoming brainwashed. please keep her in your prayer

:)

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, Axxman, but you guess wrong. I have studied the Mormons and their beliefs. Totally unbibical.

No, sorry. They are not "totally" unbiblical. They do exhibit quite a few extra-biblical beliefs that are no where near Christian, thats for sure...but quite frankly, so do MANY of the people here at WB who claim to be Christians.

I challenge you to have a Mormon missionary come to your home and give you the plan of salvation. They know the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ as well as you and I. Most of the time they don't even go into their doctrines until their 2nd or 3rd visit. I know a couple of missionaries who don't even mention the Joseph Smith part of mormonism until the 3rd visit with someone. In Fact...they don't even bring out the book of mormon UNTIL they have preached the plan of salvation out of the Holy Bible.

Mormons are cultists, baptise the dead, think God came from another planet and had physical relations with the Virgin Mary, and believe they can become Gods themselves.

Mormons would look at you like you had three heads if you told them thats what they believe...lol. That is such a wild oversimplification. Every belief system has its ability to stretch the imagination...thats why it requires faith. To say that Mitt Romney isn't worthy to be President because of his Mormon faith is simply not true. Its a very small leap from there to being able to say that anyone who places faith in a religious belief system are too far out there to be good leaders.

While I consider mormonism (as a belief system) to have some serious flaws...I also recognize it as a complex and beautifully constructed belief system. The Book of Mormon itself is a wonderful piece of work, and a fascinating read...even if I do believe it to be a piece of fiction...it ranks very high on the list of one of the best books ever written, IMO.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

No, sorry. They are not "totally" unbiblical. They do exhibit quite a few extra-biblical beliefs that are no where near Christian, thats for sure...but quite frankly, so do MANY of the people here at WB who claim to be Christians.

They reject the trinity. They believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirt are three separate beings with the same purpose. That is every bit as heretical to Christianity as Islam is. Regardless of what their beliefs are in regards to salvation, or for that matter, anything else, if you reject the trinity, then you reject the Christian God.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?loca...0004d82620aRCRD

I would also just defer to the Nicene Creed here, which is the most basic statement of the Christian faith, common to all denominations:

We believe in one God,

the Father, the Almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the only Son of God,

eternally begotten of the Father,

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,

of one Being with the Father.

Through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation

he came down from heaven:

by the power of the Holy Spirit

he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,

and was made man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;

he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again

in accordance with the Scriptures;

he ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,

and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,

and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Read that, they don't believe that. That is something that Christians all believe regardless of whether they are Catholic, Orthodox, Mainline Protestant, Baptist, Pentacostal, Non-Denominational, whatever, but Mormons do not accept it.