kitty1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, we are talking about the Sabbath. The Sabbath was only one commandment. The way you make it sound is that nowhere is obeying what God commands is essential for salvation. We cannot ignore ANY of what He commands, that would be the same as ignoring all of what He commands. I would rather stake my salvation on obeying Him than disobeying Him. And you can call me Jenna, if you wish.

Shalom Jenna,

Sorry, you have not proven that we are commanded to keep the Sabbath for salvation. You keep saying the same thing and frankly, it's going around in circles. With no Scriptural support, you have your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, your opinion is not binding on anyone else.

Shalom to you.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1974

Yes, we are talking about the Sabbath. The Sabbath was only one commandment. The way you make it sound is that nowhere is obeying what God commands is essential for salvation. We cannot ignore ANY of what He commands, that would be the same as ignoring all of what He commands. I would rather stake my salvation on obeying Him than disobeying Him. And you can call me Jenna, if you wish.

Shalom Jenna,

Sorry, you have not proven that we are commanded to keep the Sabbath for salvation. You keep saying the same thing and frankly, it's going around in circles. With no Scriptural support, you have your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, your opinion is not binding on anyone else.

Shalom to you.

I have given scripture, you simply refuse to see it. Yes we are going in circles, as you have no support for your side either. Your opinion doesn't bind me either, or anyone else for that matter. I listen to God, whether you do or not is your choice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

You all have been at this for 6 days on this thread you really ought to take the 7th day off and rest :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1974

You all have been at this for 6 days on this thread you really ought to take the 7th day off and rest :whistling:

:emot-nod::24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

You all have been at this for 6 days on this thread you really ought to take the 7th day off and rest :24:

Shalom David,

Sorry, the Sabbath isn't until Friday night, but thanks anyway. :whistling:

Guest crownedone
I was just wondering if the Sabbath was Saturday or Sunday? I have heard different ppl say different days. Also our calandar's week starts Sunday making Saturday the last day of the week.

Is the day important or a matter of picking one and observing it as the Sabbath?

Read , Study Romans 14,...also in a commentry god bless

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Wow,

Disobedience to God's will is not a Salvation issue. Lets see now, God creates the Sabbath for all mankind, in order to fellowship with them, and it is not important. Next He uses the miracle of the Manna to re-establish His Holy Sabbath Day with His children, Israel, before the Covenant with Moses, and it's no big deal. Now he writes it in the heart of His ten Commandments, which identify sin, which is why they lead us to Christ, and thats no big deal. Now in the New Covenant He writes His laws in the heart of the believer, and thats no big deal either.

Sounds somewhat like the Garden where Satan said, 'God ahead and eat, it no big deal'. The Law, the Ten Commandments, drive us to Christ for forgiveness for our transgression of them, and then implants the Holy Spirit in our heart, who to lead us into all that is holy. Thus whatever the Scriptures say is holy, then that is what the Holy Spirits leads us to. He leads us to keep the Ten commandments which are Holy just and good, as Paul tells us. it is not the Holy Spirit who leads to disregard them, make light of them, for then He would not be leading us into holiness, but sin. Thus the Holy Spirit is not the one saying it is no big deal, bu another spirit.

The Ten Commandments are what God uses to judge the world of sin at the judgment. Thus they are in effect until the judgment, which has not happened yet.

Ro 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law says, it saith to those who are under the law[/u](now who are under the law): that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Jesus does not save us so we can go on in open, willful disobedience to His commandments, which are God's commandments, which is sin. He saves us from sin, delivers us from sin and disobedience and leads us into all holiness which would include the keeping of His Holy Law and Holy Sabbath day. It is the only week day that God has ever made holy. Thus it is His Holy Day and has been from creation.

Make light of it if you will, God surely does not. The Ten Commandments will be used in the Judgment, for Judgment requires law, but God has a people, those who 'keep the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus'.

There was no debate over the Sabbath in Jesus day or among the Apostles. All religious Jews kept the Sabbath day, no exception. There was no Sabbath/Sunday controversy for every one knew that all the pagans kept Sunday, and had since the time of Ancient Babylon. The debate never started until the 'falling away' that Paul warned about, when much of Paganism was brought in to the churches along with the Pagans themselves. The Pagans have always loved their Sunday worship Festival and so they brought it with them and many other fables.

God bless,

Dennis

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Paul dealt with churches that had Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians and this debate was alive then. He concluded that there were weak minded Christians and strong. The weak were the ones who had high codefied approach to the Law and traditions. He said the strong were to always be mindful of the weak and be patient and even deny themselves in favor of the weak.

There is a doctrine called "Soul Competency". It is the idea everyone has to work on their own understanding and stand before the Lord and be accountable to what has been revealed to them. I may be strong in this area of understanding but I am sure there are other areas of theology I am weak and behind what is actually revealed inn Scripture. Sincerity is never a substitute for truth, that will be weighed in the end.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Paul dealt with churches that had Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians and this debate was alive then. He concluded that there were weak minded Christians and strong. The weak were the ones who had high codefied approach to the Law and traditions. He said the strong were to always be mindful of the weak and be patient and even deny themselves in favor of the weak.

There is a doctrine called "Soul Competency". It is the idea everyone has to work on their own understanding and stand before the Lord and be accountable to what has been revealed to them. I may be strong in this area of understanding but I am sure there are other areas of theology I am weak and behind what is actually revealed inn Scripture. Sincerity is never a substitute for truth, that will be weighed in the end.

:24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I will re-state my response to JemDude, you are free to disagree, but to make an issue of it de-rails and hijacks the thread. You are free to open another thread, but I'm not going down this rabbit trail with you.

This verse stands and is valid in response to JemDude's assertion that we must observe the Sabbath under the Law.

James 2 10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

And this is all I care to debate this topic with you in THIS thread, for it is a hijack of it. The topic is Sabbath.

Shalom to you.

Vickilynn, in one of your responses to Jemdude you made a statement that was incorrect. That statement was regarding the "613" mitzot. That is what my response to you pertained too. You have sidestepped it. You are the one who introduced the 613 mitzot within this thread and yet I am the one hijacking the thread by addressing it? I am the one who has begun down a "rabbit trail" by addressing your introduction of the 613 mitzot?

Further, you quoted James 2:10 to me as though it proves that the 613 mitzot are applicable unto everyone. It does not. Nor are the 613 mitzot applicable unto everyone. One of those 613 is that a king should write a copy of the torah for himself. This is yet another of the 613 mitzot that do not apply to everyone. Shall I point out a few more?

You have revealed that your integrity is perhaps questionable. It would have been IMO better to simply admit that you were mistaken, for there is no shame in such.